• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of Pokemon do you expect to see?

Years
Some Unovan Pokémon please! Personally I'm hoping for Audino, the Munna line, and the Cottonee line (with maybe a regional variant of Whimsicott to match Hisuian Lilligant?)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Agrees on the elemental monkeys. Adds Patrat + Watchog to that list. Has not appeared in a Switch game yet.

Expects many of the Mega evolution Pokemon returning. Means the likes of Aggron, Banette, Mawile, Lopunny, Beedrill, and so on.

Adds in new Mega evolutions. Puts Pyroar on that list. Figures one for all the starters too...except Greninja? (See below.) ...Would not give Charizard a third Mega evolution, right?

Actually, who would the starters be? Cannot see them snubbing Froakie here. Already made Megas of the Kanto and Hoenn starters. Maybe Chikorita and Tepig?

New regional forms and evolutions. Displayed willingness to give some weak Pokemon some boosts before. Perhaps Cryogonal, Furfrou, Gogoat, Castform, and Chatot. Needs some Generation 1 representation, so...Hypno? And Lapras too.

The missing Carbink -> Diancie link. Could be an item or an in-between form.

The return of Battle Bond Greninja. Why give it a Mega when you have that in the wings already?

(Mentioned several Kalos Pokemon, but shh.)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'd also like to see the remainder of all pokemon return that have yet to be on a Switch game and in the Overworld. Given the idea that this game likely is based on Paris Redevelopment in the 1800s (Making it the same time period of Arceus), not all pokemon we see in Kalos will be around in these games.

I am hoping for some new lore. Diancie specifically because it is so similar to the crystals in Paldea. As well as the connection of LA to ZA. The main character in LA, had the Kalos starting clothing we get. I'd also love to see more lore with Az and Azoth kingdom. I'd also love to finally learn what that 4th pokemon was in Perfume Palace Maze that the maze shaped.

Other pokemon I'd personally love to see is Charcadet and its evolutions. Mainly because I think it would match really well with the aesthetics of Kalos.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
Years
A very simple request; the Aron line to return in center stage at Kalos among other low-key Pokes. Not behind a paywall, not found in post-game, not snubbed by the newer regions. Mega Aggron's relevance in Kalos gives me hope that they'd make a comeback.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
Agrees on the elemental monkeys. Adds Patrat + Watchog to that list. Has not appeared in a Switch game yet.

Expects many of the Mega evolution Pokemon returning. Means the likes of Aggron, Banette, Mawile, Lopunny, Beedrill, and so on.

Adds in new Mega evolutions. Puts Pyroar on that list. Figures one for all the starters too...except Greninja? (See below.) ...Would not give Charizard a third Mega evolution, right?

Actually, who would the starters be? Cannot see them snubbing Froakie here. Already made Megas of the Kanto and Hoenn starters. Maybe Chikorita and Tepig?

New regional forms and evolutions. Displayed willingness to give some weak Pokemon some boosts before. Perhaps Cryogonal, Furfrou, Gogoat, Castform, and Chatot. Needs some Generation 1 representation, so...Hypno? And Lapras too.

The missing Carbink -> Diancie link. Could be an item or an in-between form.

The return of Battle Bond Greninja. Why give it a Mega when you have that in the wings already?

(Mentioned several Kalos Pokemon, but shh.)
what about furfrou it's the only gen 6 pokemon that's doesn't appear in the switch yet

Years
Some new evos for old mons like they did last time for Ursaring & Stantler. Preferably with an evolution method that won't lock obtaining them to a Legends game.
Could for example be a new evo for something like of Kecleon, Spinda or Delcatty. Would also prefer these new evos to not be locked behind a regional form, but it's not a huge problem to me if it is.

Some new regional forms. Gen 9 barely gave us any.
No convergent species though, please. The only one in SV that I somewhat like is the Sinitcha line.

The elemental monkeys returning, preferably with a new evo =3
As well as whatever else Pokemon aren't on the switch yet.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
what about furfrou it's the only gen 6 pokemon that's doesn't appear in the switch yet
Practically guaranteed.
A. Introduced it in Kalos. Did not mention it for that reason.
B. Showed its silhouette in the trailer. Looked like the Matron Trim too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I hope Gogoat and Skiddo come back as mounts! Love Skiddo's design especially. Maybe we'll get to ride them other places than 1-2 routes
I think this is almost a guarantee. I think almost every ride pokemon we see will return. If we have the same ride types as we had in LA, Gogoat will likely be the Wyrdeer of ZA. Especially since Gogoat is like the mascot of Kalos aside from the Legendaries.

Days
More Mega Evolutions, definitely. Especially for Pokémon like Floatzel and Machamp and the starters that never got any. Definitely new evolutions for old Pokémon. It might be great if we get more Battle Bond Pokémon besides just Greninja- that would be a real interesting twist if they included that. The preview said it would be a new ambitious addition to the games- certainly they're going to make a number of changes. I just hope filling out a Pokédex isn't a key part of advancing in the game like it was in Legends: Arceus- that really irritated me.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Personal want: The Yamask line, simply because I think if's gonna be cool to write out a mon that was once alive if I ever get to try coming up with a plot for my playthrough of the game. I know Yamask itself is possibly gonna be a massive pain to raise until it evolves, but still.

I'm also expecting some mons that don't usually appear the games such as Granbull and Exeggutor.

I concur with the idea that the Gogoat line should return as ride mons.

I won't post my wants for mega evos here because I know there is a separate thread for that.

Dally-Ogami

Well-fed Snorlax ✨
Days
I would expect to see Floette's Eternal Flower form in addition to Zygarde playing a prominent role in the game's lore.
Kalosian Mr. Mime would be fun.
A Kalosian or Mega Bisharp would really be amazing.
Additional Alcremie forms based upon new flavors would be AMAZING.

Back