• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of Pokemon do you favor?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ITT: What types of Pokemon do you like the most?
    Here are some categories to help you think:
    • Fluffy and cute (Cleffa, Pichu, etc.)
    • Aquatic or fishlike (Finneon, Goldeen, etc.)
    • Insectoid (Scyther, Ariados, etc.)
    • Large and draconic (Salamence, Tyranitar, Charizard, etc.)
    • Serpentine (Milotic, Dragonair, etc.)
    • Amorphous solids (Muk, Swalot, Gastrodon, etc.)
    • "Material" based (Graveler, Onix, etc.)
    • Fauna (Eevee, Leafeon, etc.)
    • Reptilian and/or dinosaurs (Tropius, Meganium, Venusaur, etc.)
    • Evil things (Darkrai, Absol, etc.)
    • Other things :|
    Of course, you aren't limited to this list. Be creative :)

We aren't talking about elemental types (fire, water, ghost, dragon, grass, etc.)
    AND LIST SOME EXAMPLES :3

Personally, I tend to like Pokemon which are smaller in size, like Cubone, Gastrodon, or Cranidos. Some medium sized Pokemon like Tropius or Heatran also catch my eye. I'm more partial to Pokemon that have brownish or bluish color palettes - Ground or Rock types edit GHOST TYPES TOO, GHOST TYPES TOO. I'm not much for sleek or furry Pokemon.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    I prefer Serpentine and Fauna pokemon. The ones based on animals just seem to look the most natural and easy to accept.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Really I'm ranged, I have no specialty. My favorite is Mudkip though, so I'll go with Aquatic or fishlike.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Out of the listed kinds of Pokemon, I'd have to say fluffy and cute. For example, I love Azurill and the smaller legendaries. :3
    I also love chicken Pokemon for some reason, since I love Torchic's and its evos but more specifically I love Blaziken (which is one of my two favourite Pokemon.) I also love Eeveelutions (most of them anyway. I dislike Leafeon but thats it. I don't mind Jolteon, Flareon and Umbreon, I like Vaporeon and Glaceon and one of my favourite Pokemon (obviously) is Espeon. :D) So I like any Pokemon as long as there design is appealing to me. :)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Female and cutesy :P

Is that a bad thing? XD

My All Girl Yu-Gi-Oh Deck used to whoop people, then I got a Harpie deck, and needed non girls ._. Then my friend took all my cards :(

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Ancient Pokemon, the ones with designs on their bodies that look like they come from some ancient civilization.

Xatu, Claydol, Bronzong, Dusknoir

On a similar note, I also like inanimate object-type Pokemon, specifically Electrode and Magnezone.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I tend to favor mammals mainly, or... those that are like mammals anyway. I guess you could just say things with fur. =P A lot of them are normal, and that's one of my favorite types.

Cyndaquil, Sentret, Teddiursa, Persian, Glameow, Vulpix, Houndour... (including their evolutions) the list goes on and on.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I don't really like one single category, but I often find myself liking some pokemon for the sole fact that others don't. Stantler comes to mind, and dunsparce is cool too. I also don't really like dragons or fire types ('cept for magby) because almost everyone likes those. Insectoids are pretty nice, as well.
    And, of course, my all time favorite: Cubone <3333333333

dutchmuffin77

...not dutch
    Years
    my favorites are the large and draconic pokemon because of all their cool abilities, the amount of different tms they can learn, and they look freakin sweet.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    The Pokemon that resemble dogs. xD

I'm just a biased dog lover...

I love arcanine, growlithe, manetric, elektric... any Pokemon that resembles a canine, I love. I even love Eevee because it looks like it could be in the canine family. Plus, the various ways it can evolve makes me think of the various breeds of dogs that humans have created.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I prefer Dragon and Grass type Pokémon. Yes, I do not want to use fancy words to describe my taste. :]

Somewhere across my preference, there's always Flying and Fire types. ^^'

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I love all bird Pokemon, especially those with large, beautiful wings. I love almost every flying type Pokemon in existance, with the exception of the Zubat family and Bug/Flying types (although I adore Ninjask and Scyther as well). I also love lizard Pokemon, but Dragon types have always seemed overrated in Pokemon to me.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Cute Pokemon...kinda, I guess Chimecho belongs in the cute category.
    And fauna...those who seem close to nature. I can not really explain why. Besides some cute ones, the fauna ones seem to be lesser weird or ugly. Many others just feel strange. Aquarian ones also fit in this category, I think.
    I also love grass types, like Bulbasaur or Victreebel...
    Besides this, there are some...outcasts (dunno how to describe them) like koffing, that I like.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Fast Pokémon. I always, always, always have at least half my team made up of Pokémon who have high Speed stats.

It's not a conscious decision I make, I mean it's not like I go out of my way to catch the faster ones, I just always end up with them haha. So on an average team of 6 i'll usually have 3 or 4 fast ones, then the rest will be defensive or more attacking Pokémon.

RenzokukenofCerberus

The Heart Break Kid
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Water and Dark pokemon seem to be my taste lately.

I can't get much more specific but when it comes down to it Blastois, Feraligator and Swampert are my top 3 Water and as for dark I favor Houndoom, Absol and Umbreon.

Back