• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kinds of games would you like to see more of?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I haven't seen this question brought up and I think it's about high time we had a thread for it.

What games would you like to see more of?

I find that most of today's developers don't make games for the gamers, but for a profit. You can notice that the games that get a lot of hype and airtime and all that business usually end up selling well, but are horrible games. Not to say that all games are like that. GTA IV had quite a bit of advertisement and is one of the best games ever. Along with the Call of Duty franchise and Halo series.

Personally, I'd love to see more Half-Life 2 styled games. I absolutely love anything to do with a falling civilization and the end-of-the-world feel to them (i.e. Gears of War, Resistance, Half-Life 2). Half-Life 2 is one of my favorite games for this reason. It's the end of the world and you're just getting there and now you've got to fight your way through miles of abandoned cities and forests. Obviously no game can compare to Half-Life 2, but I certainly, if given the chance, would make a game like that in a heartbeat. I would make it just for me too. XD I'd love for it to fit the games that I love and cinematics that rival most movies and if only I enjoyed it, then I'd be satisfied with my results. I tend to write more apocalyptic stories or zombie stories. Something about end of times interests me a lot and it has definitely captured my imagination.

I also would like more games like Civilization or Sims. Those always are great games. :x And more Nintendo first party games would be amazing. I'd love to see a new Kirby game (that isn't a side-scroller or stupid racing game), a new Donkey Kong 64 sequal, a Wario World sequal (the Gamecube one), and many more of those types. I love the Nintendo characters and those games are always superb.

But what about you all? XD What would you like to see more of?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Excellent discussion topic! n__n

Anyhoo, I'd like to see more games that offer something more... challenging. The newer games I've been playing these days have been ridiculously easy to the point where it just loses all of its fun.

Actually, I started playing games from the Phoenix Wright series, and I've fallen in love with them. I would most definitely love to see more games like these because they're they type that really make you think. Some of the games these days don't require a lot of thinking - much of it is just repetitive motions, and those can get boring, fast.

I'd like to see more FFVIII-esque games as well, although without the Junction system and perhaps with a better soundtrack. Something with well-developed characters and a romantically-themed storyline. This is mainly personal opinion, since I'm a sucker for these kinds of games. :x

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Any game that has something that grabs you by the balls and then instantly gives you a warm hug. I want to see more true works of art, with little quirks here and there that just make it a perfect piece.

I am, of course, giving Portal an example. Never did I think that a game like this would entice me from start to finish, despite being a simple puzzle game in a way.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Wow, way to get the total point of the thread wrong. :|

See where it says, "more of"? That's the point. MORE. Not less. And I find it rather pathetic that a twenty year old man wants to see other human beings suffering on the streets.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Right off the top of my head, there need to more first-person shooters that are NOT set in either World War II, the present day, or some high-tech or post-apocalyptic future. There are only one or two decent titles set in Vietnam and basically no games regarding World War I, the Korean War, the Soviet war in Afghanistan, the first Persian Gulf War, Somalia, or the Yugoslav wars.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    Well I guess I'd like to see more games like the Phoenix Wright series. I instantly got hooked on it. Sure you have to think a bit to play it, but it's really fun. There are a few other games out there that require at least some thinking, but personally I'd like more games like this series.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I would like to see a monster raising game that balances care/training with an adventure.
    Like I really like Pokemon, and Dragon Quest Monster games but wish there was more to connect you with the monsters and while I like Monster Rancher games I wish there was more of an adventure to them.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I want to have or see a rele bloody game, or sumthing real like in the game points out a gun and it looks real and u can feel the gun, but no pain when u get shot... Otherwise wut i'm saying is probably a new system or w/e i guess. idk wut the he** i'm saying anymore... xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    More first-person action-RPGs; Dark Messiah's combat pwns.
    More RTS/FPS hybrid; this was done quite well most recently with Battlestations Midway. It's a seldomly touched idea, one with definite potential.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Personally, I would like to see some of the RPGs that never came out over here in Europe (e.g Earthbound, Chrono Trigger). I would also like to see more Mario platformers and more classic 2D Sonic platformers. And Kid Icarus!

And defenatly no more FPSs. We see tons of them at the moment and I get the feeling that that's all developers do now.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I would love to see some more random and quirky games like Captain Rainbow and Katamiri sweetie. I would also like to see another Elite Beat Agents game...in English. XD

Well in general I would like to see some more creative quirky random fun games. x3

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I'd like to see more RTS games of the consoles, perhaps one that is even done well. Halo wars better be good...

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Hey,
    I would like to see more war games that aren't to do with WWI or WW2. I would like to see futuristic games,like Battlefield 2142. Like,a long online future war,not something like Vietnam,something new.

TLM

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    We really need a FPS set underwater.
    Not like Bioshock, but actually in water.

Of course, with good controls. I sure don't want to work out how WASD works underwater.

This also means we can finally have sharks with lazers in a videogame.

Years
    Personlly I would like to see more RPG games that aren't too futeristic. Lately I've noticed that Final Fantasy games have been taking a down hill trip for me becuse they are too concerend on CGI graphics. I mean I appreciate them working they're balls off to impress us with the graphics but does that really mean you have to make the characters look un appealing? For example FFXII...the characters were awful in my opinion. I mean whats with the over exadurated get ups? Why can't they just go back to FFVII/VIII/IX styled characters and surroundings. I've never been a fan of sci fi and to me they're making things look that way. But thats my personal oppinion, I just haven't been able to get into them lately.

I would like to see more games in the style of Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata and even Blue Dragon.

Back