• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What level and how many coins did you get on Voltorb Flip?

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
Years
  • Level 4 or 5 max for me, it's so unforgiving and cheap ... you lose a couple times and it drops you to level 1 .......................... so unfair.

You can lose 1000 and not drop down a single level. It all depends on how many panels are flipped. Say your at level 5. You flip 4 panels and a voltorb you go down to level 4. 5 Panels + would make you stay on level 5. 0-1 is level 1 and other levels co-respond to the number of panels you flip.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • You can lose 1000 and not drop down a single level. It all depends on how many panels are flipped. Say your at level 5. You flip 4 panels and a voltorb you go down to level 4. 5 Panels + would make you stay on level 5. 0-1 is level 1 and other levels co-respond to the number of panels you flip.
    Thanks for explaining that, it actually makes sense now, I thought it was random :P.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I was never good at minesweeper and I wasn't getting past level 1 at first, but after reading the guide, I have gotten up to level 4 and now have a little over 900 coins. having trouble getting further though...

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • I haven't even been inside the Game Corner yet, but I plan to make a trip there just to try out the new game. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it one way or another.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Okay, it took me a little bit to get the hang of the game, but now I am hooked!!! I just got to Level 7 and racked up 10,681 coins. I hit a Voltorb early and went back to Level 1 so I stopped and immediately picked up Substitute for my Eevee and Ice Beam for my Quagsire. At first I thought there was no way I could get 10,000 coins! Now that I get it, I will be getting me some Thunderbolt and Flamethrower soon!

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    At first I was going 'how the heck do I play this?' D: But after figuring out just how to play it, I've gotten up all the way to level 8, and I currently hold 9500+ coins. XD I already have given my sister her Porygon2 though, and I still have my Porygon from Pearl... I'll figure out what to do with the coins eventually. Maybe they'll be of some use in the future.

Definitely a better game than I expected though, after figuring out how to play.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I've played Voltorb flip on my friend's SoulSilver, I got 0 every damn time... When I get it in English I'm just avoiding the "Game Corner(s)", screw that, I've got it in Japanese, if I really want something that badly I'll just trade the item/Pokémon I need from that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    My highest level was 5. I only played until I reached enough for a dratini, though, so I'll probably go try again later, now that I'm better at the game.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Uhhh... Still level one... Although I was at level two once, but I suck at this stupid flippy card game thing, so I dropped down to level one. Again. And again. And again. I really hate this game. I'm sooooo horrible at it! =(

I don't think I'll get a Dratini because don't you get one from a guy later in the game? With Extremespeed or something...?

Last edited:

Syrp/Pnoob

Buy one, get one free
    Years
  • I was so frustrated when I played that retarded game. Note the "retarded". It's out of frustration.

I'd spend like, 5 minutes deciding on which card to flip, and no matter how much I trick myself into choosing the opposite card that I didn't pick, I'd still get a Voltorb.

I stopped after like, level 1. I got no coins whatsoever.

-S

I've gotten up to Level 3. The most annoying part about it by far is when none of the rows have 0 Voltorbs, and the first one you pick is basically luck.

And it's a Voltorb.

Dropped down to Level 1. :l

-PN

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Level 8 was my max, and I have like 4000 coins without the ones I wasted on my two dratinis, abra, and a flame thrower. I like this but I still miss the slots...

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I walked into the Game Corner, barfed...and walked out. I played it once, and well..got blown up. Never really got far.

Years
  • I've only got to Level 4. Got 600 coins from Lv4. Cashed out before getting all bonus numbers.

Any know the hightest level?

Years
  • I hate this game. How the heck are we supposed to rack up large number of coins just to get a prize we want? And considering the fact that this game gives me a splitting headache (even though I am pretty good at it), I sometimes feel like throwing my DS against the wall. There should have been an option to buy coins, without that option I find myself not going to the "Game Corner" (huh... nice name, more like "Time Wasting Corner") at all.

Back