• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What level is Ash's Pikachu at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjnerdful

Never post
Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Actually there are levels, not explicitly numerical, but they do exist. Re-watch Harrison vs Ash battle in Johto. Harrison refers to Charizard as really high level.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There are no levels in the animé.

It has been briefly mentioned in some episodes, but nothing overly obvious. Have a look.

In any case, levels aren't something pressed in the anime as the pokemon world is supposed to be diverse and every pokemon has the ability to be powerful regardless of size or species so I believe the anime avoided adding the feature. It was just a concept made for the games to make them competitive. However, Pikachu should be extremely powerful by now I must agree. It's odd that it still holds the same power as some of Ash's newer pokemon when it's been training with Ash since Kanto.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • That could simply refer to it's strength ("That guy fights at a really high level") not some magical number that would exist. If they did exist then, battles wouldn't be as close as they are, Pikachu wouldn't reset at the beginning of each region, and Pokémon evolutions would be more consistant.

e: They mentioned it during EP6 but that was when the writers didn't expect to go past Kanto so it's considered throw away.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I agree with Vernikova.
    But if He did have a level it would probably be in the Seventy's or the Eighty's.

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Like I said, the levels in the anime aren't explicitly numerical, but they do exist as some manner of measuring strength. Everyone knows the anime system doesn't work exactly the way game system does.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • jjnerdful said:
    Like I said, the levels in the anime aren't explicitly numerical, but they do exist as some manner of measuring strength. Everyone knows the anime system doesn't work exactly the way game system does.

The OP asked for the numerical factor and the answer is no. Nothing else needs to be said.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    They do that to keep you thinking thats why its a tv series If he was at a high level and ash is still trying t get all of his badges then it wouldent seem as a tough match to the veiwers as it is now.

Simple:

They want to make the story a little bit intresteing andmake you wanna get off your seat kinda talk

If they did produce you with the levels You would already have an idea of what th atch score was goona be

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    The OP's question does not explicitly ask for a numerical factor, and the question could and should be answered noting both directions, given that non-numerical qualitative "levels" are mentioned briefly in the anime every now and then. Otherwise it's an incomplete answer.

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    No, it does not. While it does state that OP is wondering about the numerical nature of the levels, "What level is Ash's Pikachu at?" certainly can also be answered with a qualitative answer such as "a high level" as well. Your answer does not cover the fact that anime does use some hints at "levels" thus is incomplete. Ideally, an answer like "Anime doesn't have numerical levels but there are hints of qualitative levels" would be far better answer than simply Anime doesn't have levels, because anime does have some qualitative levels involved. Link in Abnegation's post shows that there are cases as such.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • jjnerdful said:
    No, it does not. While it does state that OP is wondering about the numerical nature of the levels, "What level is Ash's Pikachu at?" certainly can also be answered with a qualitative answer such as "a high level" as well. Your answer does not cover the fact that anime does use some hints at "levels" thus is incomplete. Ideally, an answer like "Anime doesn't have numerical levels but there are hints of qualitative levels" would be far better answer than simply Anime doesn't have levels, because anime does have some qualitative levels involved. Link in Abnegation's post shows that there are cases as such.

You're making this so much more difficult than it should've been. Of course there are levels in the sense of skill as is most shows that have competitions. The fact of the matter is the OP asked if he should've been at level 100 or not and I answered that there are no levels. If he wanted to know about the other factors of level (Skill) than he should've and would've asked but he didn't. Really, I'm done with this discussion over some pointless detail that seems to be bothering you but if you want to reply than do so but don't expect me to answer again.

Last edited:

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    And yet now you are resorting to ignorance and arrogance as a result of your unwillingness to acknowledge that there are levels in the anime in non-numerical form, as shown not just by me but by someone else as well. Either give a complete answer or if there turns out to be exceptions to your answer just accept that your answer may not be 100% foolproof. It's not that hard.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • ... Fight, fight, fight, fight...

Pikachu is probably in the late 80s upper 90s. I think his nature is just to be very easy-going and compassionate. You know, go easy on the opponent. (:

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    No, this isn't a fight. :) I don't see how you can start a fight on an online forum anyway.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This thread is perfectly fine to discuss the thought of levels in the anime compared to that of the games. However, don't let it get beyond that or else I will have to close this thread because members cannot discuss a simple matter of levels existing in the anime or not. I'll keep my eyes on this, but further arguments and this thread will be closed and infractions will be handed out. Enough said.

... Oh, and I'll give my points on what I think about levels in the anime after I see how discussion goes.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • His Pikachu is level 89...oh wait that's Pika -_-'

Pikachu seems to get a Power reset every time Ash goes to a new region...as people have said levels do exist, but they're not necessarily as important in the anime as in the games, so they're not focused on that much...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back