• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What made you stay here?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • We have a thread on what brought you to PC, so I wanted to know why you guys still stay here. What made you stick around in the community? What's stopping you from leaving right now?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Matt I guess? I mean I could easily leave and talk to him on Skype but some people on here aren't so bad either. 8D (could easily leave and just talk to them on Skype too, mind you.)

As long as this place keeps me amused I won't be going anywhere, but it could be a week before I go, a month, a year, a decade, who knows?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've left before and still returned because this place has great memories for me. I grew up with the site and established amazing friendships with people.

I left once in the past intending never to return, but it's sort of a place ingrained into my memories and experiences, so I, personally, can't disassociate myself with it. That isn't to say that people will not move on and leave, but when you have made lifelong friendships because of this website, it becomes much harder to just "leave".

It will always hold a special place to those of us who have made it "home".

Years
  • Y'all are cool. That's why. :p

Also, it's probably habit at this point. Been using this place for too many years, haha. I have no reason not to come here... so I do!

These days I just refresh the "new posts" page and see if there's anything cool to lurk. Sometimes I come to General Chat to post. That's about it. Not nearly as active as I used to be, but at least I'm still here. You'll never be rid of me!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like a lot of the people and it's nice to be a part of something that you know a lot about. (: If I went to another forum I'd have to relearn how everything works, what people to avoid and which are cool, I wouldn't be able to automatically predict how the forum as a whole will react to various events and shifts. I like communicating with people in my free time and this keeps me up to date on Pokemon at the same time!

One time I tried Bulbagarden and Serebii and...to put it bluntly...I didn't like either one of them in the way I like PC.

Sirfetch’d

The people. Simple as that. I love this community so much that there is no way I would ever be able to part from it. Not to mention PC itself is an amazing place to discuss nearly everything! This site literally has everything I could possibly want from a forum so why leave?

Yukari

My friends for the most part. And besides, if I leave I won't know what's going on.

Years
  • While I wasn't doing challenge stuff or posting in the fifth generation forum, I would sometimes chat with other people. But after Christmas, when I learned about the Trade Corner, I stuck around there. I'm not as prime for Trade Corner as I was early in the year (i've moved over to the Challenger's side again), but there are so many nice people i've gotten a chance to know. That's why I stayed. I tried to set certain post goals to motivate me to keep going, and I was able to stick.

Years
  • The people, definitely - talking about Pokemon is great and all, but there comes a point where I'm all pokemoned out, haha. The community here is so caring and wonderful, there's really nothing like it around the internet.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Because SPPf and BMGf started to gather up a lot of dust.

Since SPPf is the first Pokemon forum I've ever joined, it makes sense I have some sort of personal attachment to it back when I was young. Nowadays, it's gone real quiet (at least imo). There's probably a few folks that I knew from back at 2008-2010 and only a few new members that strikes up a fun conversation, but honestly, I don't really like a lot of the currently active members right now, so I migrated here.

And then after I decided to stick to PC, I learned that PC folks are awesome and ily all and probably staying here forever. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    The reason I stay is because my life is horrible when im offline, and people here are very nice. only ever had one problem with one person in this community!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I think it's the fact that I've had so much history here; both good and bad. I mean, PC made me the person I am today. If I hadn't made so many mistakes, then I don't think I ever would have matured into what I am now. It's probably what keeps me here the most because PC is very valuable to me, and I really do love it here.

DarkBuizel

The Darkest
    Years
  • I don't really know why I'm staying. I guess I'm still getting used to the forum, really. If I like it, I'll stay, if I don't, I'll leave.

I don't really ever end up making close friends on forums, which I guess is why I leave them.

Oh well, I'll stay as long as I must! ^^

Years
  • The people are all awesome, that's why I am still here today. Plus I have like no friends in real life who share my passion for Pokemon. PC has exactly those kinds of people, and they care for each other too.

Years
  • It's one of the few "normal" forums I've been registered into in my whole e-life. You can share opinion here normally without being flamed, and talk about stuff with people. It's not just posting for +1, it's something more and I like it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Like many of the members who have posted before me, I like the people here.

I can come here after a stressful day at work, kick my feet up, grab a cup of chocolate milk, and chat away with some of the good friends I've made here. It's a nice environment because you can tell that people simply love spending time with each other. We celebrate each other's victories, and pick each other up when we fall.

That, and writing, of course. I enjoy helping people with their writing, and this is the perfect place to do it. Fanfiction, even though I don't write it myself, is a good starting place for beginning writers. I may harp on it sometimes, but I like seeing where people go with the franchise. I just like being in company with fellow writers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    For me, I stay here for something that I don't have in my real life: a nice bunch of people. The community is some of the best that I've ever seen in the online world.

PokéCommunity, come for the Pokémon discussions, stay for all the nice & friendly people here.

...I think I've just came up with a slogan for this... <_<

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I feel like it's because I just know this forum so well. Like Oryx said I know who to avoid and who is okay. I know the rules, all the sections, I once modded here so I have an idea of the "behind the scenes." It all comes down to comfort and the fact that I'm too lazy to start new anywhere else. I don't like most of the people here, but this is just a spare time thing I do and outside of that I don't have much time to talk to and make online friends so I guess it doesn't matter.

Back