• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes Pokemon better anime than others ?

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    --You can relate to the characters (since you are more or less going through what they do, albeit not quite as stylized, in the games)
    --The characters are likable to various degrees
    --The Pokemon themselves are fascinating
    --There is so much we know about the Pokeworld, and also so much we don't know

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Well you can't really compare Pokemon to every other anime since it's just to broad, your question just makes it feel like you're assuming that Pokemon is the best anime ever in everyone's opinion

Years
    I agree with rikudaman if you compare pokemon to every other anime out there you have no idea????? there is alot of other anime that does not have to deal with little monsters!! but i will give you this for pokemon, Digimon and there is another one ther would be in that catergorie but other then them three I would not compare all anime to be all related to one and another??!!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It's basically just asking what you like about the Pokemon anime

I just like that it's fun and simple to watch, and not anything serious ~

Years
    According to AGB Nielsen that Pokemon have been a popular cartoon than other animes because Pokemon is much addicting than other, Pokemon had it's own game, and the best of all those CUTE LITTLE POKEMON had made many people attracted to them. But Pokemon got also monsters for people who doesn't like cute things.

Many people are addict to Pokemon because of the powerful attacks Pokemon had, some Pokemon Fans wants the cute faces of those Pokemon (I already wrote it above), and sometimes they like the special effects in the Cartoon.

Of course, many of us all like cards, so Pokemon have it's own cards! Actually, Pokemon came from cards, you can see below the Pokemon Article on Wikipedia:

----
    This is got from the Wikipedia Pokémon Article!
    The name Pokémon is the romanized contraction of the Japanese brand Pocket Monsters (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā?),[5] as such contractions are very common in Japan. The term "Pokémon", in addition to referring to the Pokémon franchise itself, also collectively refers to the 493 fictional species that have made appearances in Pokémon media as of the recent release of the newest Pokémon role-playing game (RPG) for the Nintendo DS, Pokémon Platinum. Like the words deer and sheep, the word "Pokémon" is identical in both the singular and plural, as is each individual species name; in short, it is grammatically correct to say both "one Pokémon" and "many Pokémon". In November 2005, 4Kids Entertainment, which had managed the non-game related licensing of Pokémon, announced that it had agreed not to renew the Pokémon representation agreement. Pokémon USA Inc. (now The Pokémon Company International), a subsidiary of Japan's Pokémon Co., now oversees all Pokémon licensing outside of Asia.[6]
    ----

Okay, see? That's the meaning of Pokemon. Hope this helps!
    Link to Wikipedia Pokemon Forum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The franchise has some of the greatest crossover movies ever as well. One example is the movie Pokémon Never Die. Here is the trailer.

The music is some of the best as well. Where the series lacks in animation it makes up for it with its BGM.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Team Rocket's dialgoue. It's always comedy gold.

Back