• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes the Pokemon anime so good?

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    the anime is good the only thing i have a problem is that they dragg episodes too much it takes like almost 20 episodes to get to one gym and half of those episodes dont really do anything important plus ash isnt catching enough pokemon like he used to

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
    As many people have mentioned, Pokemon was something that was good for many of us during the phases of childhood and it still is for many of us. It's something that is attached to our inner child and in my opinion, is one of the reasons why I occasionally watch it.

I mean, the plots are quite repetitive, overly and strained but I believe that the reason why many of us still watch it is because of the fact it was something that is apart of history and we have a special place for it or still do.

The characters are somewhat interesting but I believe it's the enviroment and the world it sets itself in that is the most engaging since Pokemon aren't real but in the 30 minutes that we watch it, we escape to a world where Pokemon exists.

Or I could be talking complete bull. Haha ;]

- Dixie

Last edited:

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I still watch the anime, mainly to see what Ash is up to these days. There is definitely something different about the older episodes and the newer episodes (besides the voices).

Team Rocket, in my opinion, has just become a joke. I can't take them seriously as an evil, Pokemon stealing group anymore. Their plan to take over Sunyshore Tower was their best plan in a LONG time. They need more plans like that. The dialogue nowadays is annoying, the fact that they're always rhyming. Jessie, James, and Meowth really have to reinvent themselves.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I don't watch it as much as I used to, but nowadays I do it for 2 reasons:

1. To see where Ash is
    2. To put voices to the Pokemon

I always find it interesting how the anime portrays some of the Pokemon and how in my mind some are dreadfully wrong and others are spot on. I will admit though this new B/W season coming up seems pretty cool, different, and something I might actually fully follow.

Back