• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Makes You Get In The Mood To Work?

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    So what gets you in mood? Even if I have a dead line, I just can't seem to work all the way through, I just write 1 class, then wait several hours doing youtube and stuff and write another class... LOL Actually writing and debugging the class takes like 5-10 minutes... Then another 2 hours of doing nothing and watching a triangle spin on screen (I have not even drawn 1 sprite yet... LOL)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    i usually get motivated by the idea of the end product, imagining what it's gonna be like. once im finished something im usually just "meh" and delete. u could try really loud music while your coding.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Thats kind of counter productive IMHO, you over whelm your self with whole big ideas. People tend to over complicate stuff and get even more unmotivated by all the work you have to do. Baby steps is the way

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I either just free develop or drive myself with a need to be productive.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    AGAIN.... I am calling out the hater... Who is rating my threads 1 star?

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • Thats kind of counter productive IMHO, you over whelm your self with whole big ideas. People tend to over complicate stuff and get even more unmotivated by all the work you have to do. Baby steps is the way

^This. Besides, a smaller and more focused product is always better than the kitchen sink route. Staying focused and goal-oriented is always best.

My biggest motivator is probably real life. It inspires me to tell the stories that I do, if I weren't telling a story I would have no interest in game development.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • working on my game is a solid pastime for me, so usually I am never forced to work, I just find myself doing it.

When I know I need to get something done, I usually put it off for an hour or so and play my guitar, which will in turn give me a new idea and put me back to work.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    AGAIN.... I am calling out the hater... Who is rating my threads 1 star?
    Probably some stupid troll who thinks he's funny, just don't keep posting about it, you said yourself rank doesn't matter.

Anyways, I do it as a hobby so my motivation is a fun time :)

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ Music! ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫

Music gets me raring to go!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    Dont push yourself, and work when you feel like it.. Oh! And a big fat pay-check also helps :D

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Dont push yourself, and work when you feel like it.. Oh! And a big fat pay-check also helps :D
    LOL I do that way too much, and usually I don't feel like doing it since I rather go youtubing and ect... I do have a dead line, and its due in june... so... Not much time

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Have a shower and then come back and throw on an album you enjoy from start to finish (rather then singles off the album).
    Generally works for me.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Wanting to play it when im done and wanting to see what i will come up with from the back of my head and generally seeing a bunch of games where they just quit a good idea

Back