• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes you like a certain pokemon?

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
Years
  • I tend to be drawn toward Pokemon that are elegant in appearance: Dragonair, Milotic, Dewgong, Ninetales...

But, I love the idea of Eevee being able to evolve into so many different types. So Eevee and the Eeveelutions are my favorites because of that.

Ayselipera

I just have to like the design of the pokemon to like it.

Generally speaking though I tend to like all Grass and Fire types except for a select few.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • I won't deny many Pokemon draw me because of their appearances (i.e.: cute ones like Hitokage (Charmander), or cool/fearsome ones like Mewtwo), but ultimately it's their personalities, much of which comes from watching the anime. Pikachuu is very friendly and a true friend and companion. Hitokage is very loyal and innocent. Butterfree has a sweet personality and a heart of gold. Lizardon required work and time to trust and obey Satoshi, but afterward was a true companion and excellent fighter in more ways than one, and sought to improve himself more and more, even to the point of leaving Satoshi indefinitely to train with other Lizardon. Mewtwo was born by inappropriate means into an unfair world and desired to be understood and find his place in that world. Those are some good examples.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I tend to like a Pokémon for being cute but now I tend to like something over an inside joke. My favourite Pokémon are still Pichu and Cherrim which are adorable but... Cherrim isn't my favourite because it's cute. I have such a stupid reason for liking it originally. XD;

Other favourites like Nosepass/Probopass, Bidoof, Carnivine, Palkia, etc. all came from inside jokes or memes and I like them for stupid reasons but... they're still favourites. The only problem with having favourites with such a basis is that it's sooo hard to explain why you like them.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
  • I tend to love fire types better than my other favorite Pokemon, but that's as predictible as it gets. Some I like because of their design and appearance, some I like because I admired them in a movie/episode that I watched, and some I like just because they helped me throughout a Pokemon game I played. Some I don't even remember why I started to like them.

Back