• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Mega Do You Want Next?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
  • ORAS has came out with a lot of new mega evolutions, as well as X and Y. I wanted to see what mega evolutions you guys wish they released, or which you hope for in the next generation!

Personally I would love to see a mega Primape. Not only is Primape one of my favorite Pokémon, but I could see a mega version of it being greatly offensive with Close Combat. It would make a great addition to my team :)

Comment below!

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
  • I totally expect MegaFroslass to come. I mean, we got Gallade and Sableye... so I can totally expect MegaFroslass one day P:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    The mega's I would like to see are Mega Froslass, mega starters (the rest of them), mega fossil Pokemon, mega staraptor, mega luxray, mega scrafty, mega krookadile, mega crobat, mega Butterfree, and some more gen 4, 5 and 6 mega's overall.

Years
  • Aside from starters, which are agiven, these are my top 5 of each generation:

Gen 1: Arcanine/Rapidash, Jynx, Raichu, Lapras, Vileplume
    Gen 2: Kingdra, Crobat, Espeon, Corsola, Jumpluff
    Gen 3: Ludicolo, Milotic, Flygon, Beautifly, Walrein
    Gen 4: Roserade, Gastrodon, Luxray, Vespiquen, Froslass
    Gen 5: Liepard, Volcarona, Leavanny, Lilligant, Whimsicott
    Gen 6: Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Dragalge, Pyroar, Gourgeist

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    From Gen 3 I'd say only Exploud and Swellow deserve megas.

Oh definitely Exploud..I honestly think he's an excellent Pokemon already. A mega one would be awesome.

I can imagine how much faster Swellow would be as a mega..she's already super fast, yet never really a problem to me for some reason.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I would LOVE to see so many!
    Gen 1: Arcanine, Lapras, Jolteon, Dragonite, Nidoking, Ninetales, Cloyster, Snorlax, Tauros
    Gen 2: Ursaring, Kingdra, Miltank, Blissey, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Umbreon, Espeon
    Gen 3: Ludicolo, Slaking, Wailord, Torkoal, Zangoose, Lunatone, Solrock, Milotic, Deoxys
    Gen 4: Luxray, Roserade, Pachirisu, Bronzong, Lickilicky, Cresselia
    Gen 5: Excadrill, Whimsiscott, Carracosta, Chandelure, Bisharp, Terrakion, Meloetta
    Gen 6: Pangoro, Meowstic, Aegislash, Gourgeist, Trevenant, Noivern

Imagine Mega Blissey! Haha.

Years
  • So since we are deciding by generation:

Gen 1: Arcanine, Primeape, Mew
    Gen 2: Feraligatr, Crobat, Kingdra, Suicune
    Gen 3: Flygon (obviously), Shiftry, Breloom, Wailord
    Gen 4: Weavile, Honchkrow, Torterra, Luxray, Staraptor
    Gen 5: Serperior, Emboar, Krookodile, Carracosta
    Gen 6: Chesnaught, Auroros, Pangoro, Hawlucha

Years
  • Mega Crawdaunt perhaps? And I would also like a Mega Mamoswine with Refrigerate, as I think that would have been a much better choice for that ability than Glalie, even with that STAB Explosion.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Mega Persian, please! I can definitely see one being made if FRLG get 3DS remakes, but I'd really like it to be part Ice-type and based on a snow leopard. Meowth/Persian can learn Icy Wind via Move Tutor, so it's not completely out of the question... right? They may have to add some more Ice moves to its movepool to really make it work or give it the Refrigerate ability.

Next to that, Mega Dunsparce (Dunsparce is actually my favorite Pokémon). Hopefully it'll keep Serene Grace because I like using mine as a Para-Flincher. It would be nice if its stats would put it on par with Togekiss.

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Mega Persian, please! I can definitely see one being made if FRLG get 3DS remakes, but I'd really like it to be part Ice-type and based on a snow leopard. Meowth/Persian can learn Icy Wind via Move Tutor, so it's not completely out of the question... right?

Next to that, Mega Dunsparce (Dunsparce is actually my favorite Pokémon).

Oh my gosh, Kanto 3DS games :c that'd be a dream.

One mega I'd like to add is a mega Cloyster. Cloyster is my favorite Pokémon to date, and I think it would really improve it in battle. A Cloyster with shell smash, icicle spear, and rock smash is always the Pokémon I start with. A lot of times it will pull of a full sweep :P
    I think making Cloyster a mega would just kick some serious ass, not that it doesn't to start.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Mega Dunsparce is literally all I need in life and then I'll be completely happy.

Though Mega Flygon would be great too! Though besides these two I can't really think of any Pokemon off the top of my head that I have a burning need to see a Mega for.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Other than that, this is going to sound crazy, but I really wish Mew got a megaevolution of its own! It's something I've always wanted ever since Mega Mewtwo X/Y were a thing, so I'm still looking forward to it (hopefully) occurring. Though sadly, any possible mega that Mew might have, chances are, may ruin its cute appearances. :<

Id love a proper Mew Evolution, I dont think he needs to stay cute but maybe has some hints of MewTwos looks with the pinkness of Mew. He's always struck me as needing a fairy typing too since Gen 6 so id say psychic/Fairy type for Mega Mew with a decent hidden ability (no idea what).

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    It would be nice if the Johto and Sinnoh starters have Mega Evolutions. If there would be a Mega Typhlosion, either Flame Body or Flash Fire would be a useful Ability.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    This might be a broken record for most people, but I think that at this point, Raichu, Dragonite and Flygon deserve it the most, for quite obvious reasons: most other memorable Pokemon from their generations received them but they didn't, particularly Flygon and Dragonite who are basically the two remaining psuedo-legendaries from Gens I-III who didn't get a mega. Raichu has not been treated well by GF, and while Pikachu is their mascot, I think its entire evolution tree should receive love and remain relevant in the series, if anything it only makes Pikachu stand out more when its evo/pre-evo get treated right.

After those three, I would consider Farfetch'd. While an actual evolution would be better for it, it doesn't seem like we do those too much anymore (cross gens, except Eevee). It's one of these joke Pokemon from Gen I, except he has no evolution to redeem it, and honestly I think it could be a better Hawlucha with the right (mega) evolution and its awesome stick technique.

Next, Butterfree. Kind of uncool that its brother from another mother received a mega but it didn't. It could be quite unique and have a Bug/Psychic type, with the same treatment for its Special stats that M-Beedrill received for its attack and speed. The design could be glorious as well.

That's basically it for me. I would love it if Gen V as a whole received the mega treatment more, especially the earlier-areas Pokemon like Stoutland and the elemental monkeys, and the psuedo legendaries. Other than that, it would be nice for the remaining starters to receive a mega, and for every new trio to receive their mega right then and there when they're first released. It kind of bummed me out when Chesnaught, Greninja and Delphox could not mega evolve when the first generation starters could in XY. It would also force GF to plan ahead and make the new starters useful (for different purposes) with or without their mega evolutions, so they won't be too underpowered (or too overpowered) without (with) their mega evolution.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • I don't want too many Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution, but the ones I'd like to get one would be Flygon, Torterra, Darmanitan, and Honedge. That's just my opinion and all, but those are the ones I think could benefit from Megas the most.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Probably, Ninetales, Arcanine, Luxray, Froslass, Mightyena, Dusknoir, Staraptor, Zoroark and I want a redo of Alakazam's mega even thought it's never gonna happen, I don't like the current one.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There aren't too many more I'd like to see, but ideally I'd want:

• Mega Luxray
    • Mega Toxicroak
    • Mega Froslass
    • Mega Milotic

Back