• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Mega Do You Want Next?

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    Give me a Mega Typhlosion and a Mega Samurott (maybe give Emboar a half dark retyping) and I don't care what they do with the others of their starter brotheren, I need these two to have megas.

Other than that, Luxray, Nidoking/queen, Arcanine, Unown, Machamp, and possibly the Kalos starters. Greninja might could go without it, considering how amazing it is by itself compared to the other two, but I just want a Mega Chesnaught out of those three. If they made one for Delphox, they would need to drastically improve it's design before I consider using it.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • A strange idea popped in my head:

Mega X/Y starters coming in the next installment. Maybe a bit much, but certainly possible.

So now I need to get a Greninjite and a Delphoxite somehow. Any trade buddies out there?

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • i really wanted mega snorlax and togekiss, but they didnt happen. im really not too bothered by who gets a mega tho, so if they get one then cool, if not then w.e

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Mega Flygon
    Dragon/Bug type.
    Why is this not a thing already??!
    lol I can only hope Mega Flygon is a thing by the next game going by the fanbase's reaction to the lack of it.

Mega Flygon was actually supposed to appear in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (possibly even X and Y), but "writers block" stopped it from happening.

GF have admitted they know fans want it, the fact it was meant to appear, but didn't, and that they have admitted to have worked on it, but scrapped it, I think it's safe to say it'll more than likely appear in the next game. If it doesn't (or at least the game after), then I'll be surprised.

Years
  • There sure is a lack of Mega Butterfree in this thread. I know that one or two people mentioned it, but it always bothered me that Beedrill was given a mega evolution, but its counterpart wasn't. Sure, it might not be that great of a Pokemon and it has a fair number of weaknesses, but a speedy Mega Butterfree making use of status moves would be a pain to go up against.

Other than that, the rest of the starters, Raichu, Ninetales, Crobat, Yanmega (Mega Yanmega!), Froslass, Pyroar, and the Eeveelutions would be next on my list of wanted mega evolutions.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Mega Butterfree aboslutely. It doesn't make sense to have Mega Beedrill without Mega Butterfree as they're the original Bug-type OTP duo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Mega Evolution Theory - Dunsparce

Mega Dunsparce
    --------------------------------
    In this post I will go through my personal opinion for how a Mega Dunsparce could turn out in a future pokemon game. The theory/speculation can either be read directly on this thread, or viewed in video format on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-CnZwDNGL2NLL9KYifV6Xg

Regular Dunsparce:
    Stats: HP: 100, Attack: 70, Defense: 70, Sp.Atk: 65, Sp.Def: 65, Speed: 45
    When it comes to Dunsparce's base stats, it is nothing to brag about. It's only good stat is HP, which is 100, while everything else is either 70 or below. Dusparce only has one truly good ability, which is Serene Grace. Run Away has no competitive use, while Rattled is way to situational. Serene grace gives Dunsparce a high chance to flinch opponents with moves like Rock Slide, but its low speed stat makes flinching hopeless. The attack stats are way to low for any kind of attacker, while defenses are just a little too low to make it a strong bulky pokemon.It's basic Normal typing has potential for bulky pokemon, but no offensive potential. Dunsparce is a great example for a pokemon that just can't make it. There are two ways Game Freak could go about when making a Mega Evolution for Dunsparce. Either an offensive approach, or a defensive approach.

Offensive Mega Dunsparce:
    Stats: HP: 100, Attack: 110, Defense: 80, Sp.Atk: 95, Sp.Def: 75, Speed: 55
    If Dunsparce were to go for an offensive approach. It would need major boosts in its attack and special attack, while gaining a little more speed, and possibly seeing some improvement on it's natual bulk. This would make Dunsparce a swift sweeper if it gets to set up an agility. The small growth in it's base speed would be just enough to outspeed the major threats. With the bulk Dunsparce already has, it won't be a glass cannon like Greninja or Blaziken. It carries Roost, and would not be easy to take down with only a Fighting type weakness. When I first thought of Mega Dunsparce I immagined something like a Dragon-typing, but I looked further into it's movepool, and it doesn't have good enough moves to support that typing. The only other additional type that would support its movepool would be Ground. No Mega Evolutions change the primary typing of a pokemon, and Normal/Ground isn't a good defensive typing, and only a decent offensive typing. Keeping Dunsparce as a mono-normal type would make the most sense.

When it comes to abilities it could be something like Huge Power or Pure Power, in contrast with its lack of power before. This would make Dunsparce a monster when using Return or Double-Edge.
    Another ability it could have is Scrappy, which would allow it to hit Ghost-types with the STAB Normal-type attacks, and that's never a bad thing.
    My personal favorite is the ability Simple. It would double any stat change given to Dunsparce. This would also mean that pokemon with Intimidate would hurt it more, but every power comes with a flaw. With simple it would outspeed everything after one single agility, or be either a physical or special sweeper because of it's access to moves like Calm Mind, and Coil. Giving it Curse would make it one of the best pokemon for the use of Trick Room.

Defensive Mega Dunsparce:
    Stats: HP: 100, Attack: 80, Defense: 110, Sp.Atk: 75, Sp.Def: 105, Speed: 45
    For a defensive Mege Dunsparce it would just need to switch around the stats of the offensive approach. Giving it a major boost to both its defenses instead. While being a defensive pokemon it doesn't have the same needs of outspeeding the opponent, therefore putting its previous speed investments into special defense instead. It would get small boosts to attack and special attack, just like how it got small boosts to defense and special defense offensively. With base 100 HP and only a fighting weakness, Mega Dunsparce would be a pain to take down. Either because it keeps roosting, or uses moves like Coil or Calm Mind to get more bulk, while also getting more offensive power.

For abilities I could imagine either Limber or Immunity being great abilities, especially Immunity. Whenever you try to take down a wall that isn't Steel-type, the regular approach is to use Toxic, but with immunity that won't work. Limber would instead stop being paralyzed, which is also highly beneficial.
    I still think Simple is a great ability for Dunsparce, because then it could boost it's defenses and offensive power even faster, but maybe so fast it would be a little bit unbalanced in the end.

Tell me if there is a specific pokemon you would like me to cover!
    That's the end of my thread. Thank you for reading!

I just started my youtube channel, and I need some constructive feedback. It would be really appreciated if you took some time to say what you think of the video as well.
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-CnZwDNGL2NLL9KYifV6Xg

Deltheor

⊰✧ Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Asᴄᴇɴᴛ ✧⊱
    Years
  • Oh hey, those are really cool! I love Dunsparce a lot (you actually used my artwork for the Defensive Mega Dunsparce in your video, thanks for giving credit!), and both of those ideas sound great for a Mega! I personally think that if Dunsparce ever does get a Mega, it would likely rely on a boost from its ability, because even with +100 to its BST, it is still a bit underpowered. A mainly-offensive Mega Dunsparce could have an ability similar to Huge Power, and get a boost to its defenses as well to make it a better all-around Pokémon.

Hopefully if GameFreak ever actually makes a Mega Dunsparce they do it justice, though. I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    It was hard not to use such great artwork, you make some good stuff on you deviantart! I hope it's okay if I use artwork of yours in later videos ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Merging this Dunsparce thread with the "Which Mega do you want next?" thread since it's pretty much in the same vein, just more detail. Also, please advertise your channel through your signature, not through posts. :)

Years
  • I'd personally want each starter to have 1 Mega Evolution. Aside from those 12 here are 10 from each generation that I would hope get a Mega Evolution.

Gen 1: Snorlax, Lapras, Primeape, Dragonite, Raticate, Arbok, Farfetch'd, Dewgong, Ninetails, Machamp
    Gen2: Noctowl, Ariados, Lanturn, Stantler, Quagsire, Ursaring, Donphan, Ampharos, Xatu, Blissey
    Gen3: Pelliper, Grumpig, Flygon, Swalot, Wailord, Torkoal, Tropius, Walrein, Slaking, Exploud, Hariyama
    Gen4: Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Skunktank, Luxray, Bibarel, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Yanmega
    Gen5: Bisharp, Krokodile, Stoutland, Gigalith, Reuniclus, Darmanitan, Golurk, Zebstrika, Hydreigon, Bouffalant
    Gen6: Diggersby, Gogoat, Pangoro, Pyroar, Talonflame, Heliolisk, Dedenne, Goodra, Avalugg, Trevenant

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I would really like to see all the Johto starters to have mega . It would be totally awesome seeing them in mega mode, i can imagine it. xD

Years
  • ^^ Yes definitely me too for the Johto starters, they're my favourite starters of the bunch and if they can make them as amazing as the likes of Mega Sceptile I'll be a happy girl haha :)

Also I'd love to see Ninetales get a Mega. Mainly cause it's my favourite Pokémon but also cause I'd love to see what they'd think to do to it, maybe add 3 more tails or something lol xD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Mega Chandelure.

I really hope mega evolution will give him many good stuff. Like, give him back his Shadow Tag, increase his base Speed and his already powerful base Special Attack, and give him even cooler design.

Years
  • Oh god, how I'd love to have a M-Milotic. I still haven't gotten over all the gag videos I watched of an allegedly leaked M-Milotic. It still hurt lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Mega Zekrom is love, Mega Zekrom is life

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
  • Butterfree and Hypno should get Megas. Neither are really all that great to use.
    Also, if Cherryzerd the boring fire dragon and Mewtwo need two Megas, I'd Lucario needs another too.

Sageous

Xatu Lover
    Years
  • Mega Xatu! Xatu is such an awesome Pokemon, but sadly it has pretty much no competitive use. Maybe giving it a mega evolution would make it more usable. Its design is already pretty wonderful and I can't see it being very difficult to make a beautiful mega evolution for it.

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
  • As much as Xatu deserves better stats, I can't easily imagine what it's Mega would look like.
    Anywho, I just remembered Stantler. He really needs one too.

Back