• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What messenger(s) do you use?

What messenger(s) do you use?

• AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Yahoo Instant Messenger

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • MSN Messenger

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I use WLM/MSN primarily. It's heavily customized, too, with MsgPlus, StuffPlug, MessPatch, etc. I love it to the point where I'm pretty sure it's the main reason I'll never use another OS aside from Windows as my main OS. MSN substitutes just won't cut it for me. I need my tags, I need my desktop clients, I need my custom away messages, I need my personal messages/currently listening, I need the voice chat/webcam capabilities, I need the side-docking... It's just so personally customized that getting used to any sort of other program for my MSN needs would be like taking a huge step backwards.

It's also probably the reason I can't really get into any other IM protocols. I use AIM occasionally since there are a very finite number of people I speak to who don't use MSN, but I almost always forget to sign into AIM in the first place.

I don't use anything else.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    AIM ftw! I downloaded MSN once so that I could, y'know talk to people on PC, but it confused me too much, so I'm sticking with AIM

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I've always used MSN, and so do all my friends. I actually don't know anyone at my school that uses AIM instead of MSN. o__O

I also have Skype, but I only have one contact, so I'm almost never on.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    AIM and MSN mainly. AIM is for my friend in real life while MSN is for staff contacts. I have Yahoo! but that's just... ew.

DMNT

Prismatic.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    The client I use is Adium 1.2.3.

Besides, how can you not use it? Look at the cute Adium ducky...

Okay, that was definitely out of character...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Oh good, it's multiple choice...

Windows Live Spammer for general use, and Xfire for my gaming buddies.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I used to use AIM a very long time ago, but I started to use MSN because everyone I talked to online use MSN. And I just used AIM for talking to my family and my closest friends in RL. But now, I don't use AIM anymore because it got messed up on me. So I use MSN with Msgplus(customization for the win!) full time now. I don't use anything else.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    I usually use yahoo MSN messenger.It is more helpful and easy to use.

urban_guerrilla

Two-tone Panther
    Years
    For actual programs I use Emesene (as it's an excellent implementation of MSN on linux*) and Pidgin for AIM, ICQ and Y!. I also use XChat for IRC. So yeah, most of the big names. ;)

*and a vast improvement on Microsoft's MSN client.

Back