• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Might You Do Differently?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Coming to think about it, I actually got lost when I played through my Silver version. The basic reason is because Ruby was my first game and to go back in step and play through the older graphics I think is what got me lost in the Johto region at first. However, now that I'm on track I've promised myself that I won't make the same mistake I did before and get lost.

Not to mention, I'm going to try and not rush through the game like I might have done before. I guess it was laziness that caught struck of me to fly through the game with just my starter. Though, this time around I'm taking charge and playing through the game at a steady pace, and taking my time along with it while I bring out the best of the game for me. So, these are probably the two biggest mistakes I did before that I want to change this time around compared to what I might have said before.

Years
    I won't rush to beat the game in competition with my siblings. We always have a competition to see who will beat the game first. Then I beat the game and regret not getting the good Pokemon (Garchomp/Lucario). I won't rush this time. I'll take my time and enjoy it like I did with the original Gold version.

Intensity

~ How Intense can it get? ~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    I just got Gold a few months ago and I'm going to overtrain my Pokemon, take my time, and have fun like I did on the other games so I'll probably not be doing anything differently. I may get new Pokemon, but nothing else besides that.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I will be getting both, but I will, as then, play through Silver as my main one. I will probably also pick Totodile, because that was my original choice. Aside from that though, most things will be different. Back then I didn't really know what I was doing. This time around I have a team planned that I will be using throughout the game.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    What will I do differently? I'll probably buy it this time. xD I used to rent Gold from the video shop, but whenever I went and got it again someone had restarted it.

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    you wont be able to have any Sinnoh Pokemon at the start of the game >>
    lol, i didn't say at the start lol
    i said i'll send an egg in as early as i can, meaning i'll trade a riolu egg from my pearl/diamond/platinum to HG/SS, which should be possible:D

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I'm going to deposit my starter into a PC ASAP, so I don't end up having a lvl 60 and a bunch of lvl 30s when facing the E4, and also to give me a bit more choice in Pokemon. I'm also going to try and avoid using an Eevee evo in my in-game team, because I always end up with either Espeon or Umbreon whenever I play a Gen II game. :3

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I always traded in higher level pokemon to my silver from my friends games so I could beat the elite 4! But defiantly not going to do that anymore.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    I'm going to take things slower and explore everything. I'm also going to catch every possible pokemon before the E4 and evolve them. I might even breed my pokemon for helpful natures for both battling and contests, that is if contests are included.

Years
    I've probably beaten Silver and Crystal a different way each time I've played them, so I'll probably be playing these ones differently as well, though like in Silver and Crystal I will most likely be choosing Cyndaquil as my starter and getting my Nidoking later on for sure, other then that, I'll be doing everything else differently.

~Ryu

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    for ingame? not much, just give my Typhlosion, Crobat, and other pokemon proper moves instead of making them all monotype STAB attackers.

Back