• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What MORON at Gamefreak, or whatever...

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    ... Felt so compelled to put level 55 Magikarps as an encounter for a Super Rod at the Resort Area!? That's just moronic, in my opinion! >_>!

Years
    You're talking about Platinum, right? If so, then it doesn't stop at lv. 55. In fact you can catch Magikarp lv. 1-100.

Might have been Executive Producer, Satoshi Tajiri, Director, Junichi Masuda, Battle Director, Shigeki Morimoto, Program Leader, Tetsuya Watanabe, Field Programmer, Sousuke Tamada, or one of the other twelve programmers.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    They are nice for gaining EVs in Speed.

They are also nice for those lazy summer afternoons where you have nothing better to do on Pokemon other than fishing for Magikarps.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ain't lv100 Magikarp glitch? :D

I wouldn't believe so--Platinum originally made it obtainable like that.

Although, I don't mind it being like this as Magikarps are weak level 6's, 5's, etc. in the games so at least they made it more stronger. The only problem I see with a LV 100 Magikarp is that it wouldn't be able to evolve into a Gyrados no more. However the LV 99 Magikarps is better in my opinion because then if you wanted to level it up to a Gyardos, then you could. Other than that, I think it was a cool addition to the upgraded game.

Devilware

Super Man has nothing on me
    Years
    Would be funny to battle with it, using smeargle's belly drum, batton pass and then sweep
    :D Comedic LV.100 magikarp fun

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    ... Felt so compelled to put level 55 Magikarps as an encounter for a Super Rod at the Resort Area!? That's just moronic, in my opinion! >_>!

Because Magikarp are awesome. You'll regret saying this when you get Magikowned sometime.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I just discovered those little fiends the other day and I freaked out cuz i had no idea why it was so high.. man, that magikarp salesman should stop feeding his products steroids.

Years
    Their high level and catch rate makes them perfect for finding your seed when abusing the RNG. And it's fun to see the highest level you can find one at. My current record is 90, I think.

Would be funny to battle with it, using smeargle's belly drum, batton pass and then sweep
    :D Comedic LV.100 magikarp fun
    There's a video of some guy doing that on youtube. He had a magikarp sweep a team of hacked shiny ubers.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    They probably just put them there for fun. At least you can have "Magikarp Fishing Contests" with your friends to see who can catch the highest level magikarp. They can also be a great way to get free random pokemon on the GTS with high level magikarp(s).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Like everything else related to Magokarp, it's for the lulz. XD

It is actually possible with a little Baton Passing, to have a lv.100 Magikarp powerful enough to sweep the E4. :D

Back