• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Music/Artists Do You Hate?

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
Years
  • I really hate Soulja Boy, MIMS, and any song that is "lyrically challenged" (note: not physically nor mentally, but lyrically)

I see most of you hate Taylor Swift, Let me ask: Were you kind of glad when KanYe interrupted her at the VMA's?

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I see most of you hate Taylor Swift, Let me ask: Were you kind of glad when KanYe interrupted her at the VMA's?

...Sorta?

I mean, Beyonce did deserve that award more than Taylor, but Taylor didn't deserve to have her moment utterly robbed from her like that.

Don't get me wrong. I like Taylor Swift as a role model for young women. I just think she's the most overrated female artist this year. She gets accalades thrown at her like no tomorrow, and shoves aside people more deserving simply because she's a media darling and a bunch of tweens love her. It's pretty BS, IMO. >_>

"Teardrops on My Guitar" is a great song, though.

Masquerainisthajam

Years
  • ...Sorta?

I mean, Beyonce did deserve that award more than Taylor, but Taylor didn't deserve to have her moment utterly robbed from her like that.

Don't get me wrong. I like Taylor Swift as a role model for young women. I just think she's the most overrated female artist this year. She gets accalades thrown at her like no tomorrow, and shoves aside people more deserving simply because she's a media darling and a bunch of tweens love her. It's pretty BS, IMO. >_>

"Teardrops on My Guitar" is a great song, though.

Yeah, I understand that. She does seem to be a good role model. I hear her songs just about everyday on the radio. They're really popular where I'm at and sometimes I just kinda get sick of hearing it, no disrespect to the artists.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Yeah, I understand that. She does seem to be a good role model. I hear her songs just about everyday on the radio. They're really popular where I'm at and sometimes I just kinda get sick of hearing it, no disrespect to the artists.

Anything overplayed gets ruined:/

Bipolar Moon

Vaporeon Supporter
    Years
  • Not a huge fan of Rap, country and especially PUNK, I'm a progressive rock/metal, or hard rock listener. Country I could tolerate if it was meshed or fused with rock, but rap is not my cup of tea.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    - Any boybands like Fallout Boy, Cuteiswhatweaimfor, etc.
    - Attack Attack!
    - Mindless Self Indulgence
    - Job for a Cowboy
    - 3OH!3
    - Owl City
    - Atreyu
    - Hollywood Undead (edit: I dunno how I can forget them.)

Off the top of my head. Can't think of anything else right now.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I am not a fan of Country, Heavy Metal, and mostly all Disney Channel musicians. I am not a kid anymore. If I had kids I probably will let them listen to Miley, Jonas Brothers, or whatever. Really not into Taylor Swift either. But I don't hate her as a person. She is a great role model for little girls. It just isn't for me. Their music is pretty boring.

And I can't stand Lil' Wanye, Souja Boy, Lil' Bootise, etc...For the most part most today's Rap isn't good. I miss the old stuff. The only rap artists of today I will listen to is Diddy, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, T.I., and Kanye West. That is all. Today's rappers are not good. >< Lil' Wanye for example. Can't stand him!! Ugh!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    Hate the music everyone listens to nowadays, radios are filled with it.. And I like metal, except that AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH SATAN EEEAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH-music hehe, and also 70's rock bands like led zeppelin and black sabbath are quite good

Masquerainisthajam

Years
  • I can never tolerate heavy metal or anything that involves a lot of screaming. I really REALLY don't like Soulja Boy or anything that has terrible/nonsensical lyrics. Take MIMS' "This is Why I'm Hot" for example:

"I'm hot 'cause I'm fly,
    You ain't 'cause you not,
    This is why, this is why, this is why I'm hot"

See?

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I hardly consider heavy metal as music. There are songs that contain random screaming and gibberish..... they call that music? Also, I don't necessarily hate rap, but I don't appreciate it, it's just like poetry with a beat.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    - Any boybands like Fallout Boy, Cuteiswhatweaimfor, etc.
    I'm impressed you called FOB and CIWWAF 'boybands'. That's not really what they are.

I'm not a fan of country music. I'm willing to listen to music with county influences, but just straight country grinds my gears somewhat. I'm also not that into screamo. It's not really music; it's more just noise placed over the top of music, which isn't my cup of tea. ;[

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    They're not boybands like Backstreet Boys and Nsync. But they're hardly far from that level.
    That's just where I put them.

The Red Bandit

Welcome To Candyland!
    Years
  • Umm let's see I hat miley cyrus so much I can not stan her.Or the Jonas Brothers they are one horrible boy band oh and any Rap music like jay-z,eminem,and lil' wayne. Oh and let's not forget Taylor Swift I rely hate her music because let's see it is boring,country,and she is basically a country version of Miley cyrus so that is why I do not like her oh I also hate hard rock music because it is basically screaming and rap is just talking and country is mostly about whiskey and tractors and showing off.Oh and I hate britney spears I do not get her music and she sonds like a bad version of madona with a bad cold.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Metal. Can't. Stand.

And rock from before the 70's make me feel sick. And much rock whatsoever, actually. And country music AAAAAGHRT don't get me started.

:3

Back