• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What new moves would you like to see in a Pokemon game?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    What new moves do you think would be good for a pokemon game? When you put down a move, select it's type, power, and type of attack(physical, special, or status.)

I'll go first:

Flame Tail
    Fire-Type
    Power: 85
    Physical Attack

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    I'd like to see more hit-and-run moves, I know they exist, but just more of them, those are good. I mean like you get an attack, then switch out with that same attack.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hmmm...

Siren Song
    Power: --
    Type: Water
    Accuracy: 80%
    Category: Other
    Effect: Causes all Pokemon in battle to sleep, except for the user

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What the games really need are some more Dark-Type, Steel-Type and Ice-Type attacks, in my opinion. There just isn't that many.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What the games really need are some more Dark-Type, Steel-Type and Ice-Type attacks, in my opinion. There just isn't that many.

Why do I always agree with you?

We do need more of those. I find myself typically leaning on Faint Attack, Flash Cannon, and Ice Beam. There need to be more options for those types of moves.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Let me fix that, any PHYSICAL rock type move with 100% accuracy.

Try This:
    Move: Iron Rock
    Type: Rock
    Acc:----
    Power: 90
    The user turns into a ball of magnetic rock and uses the rock's magnetic field to slam the opponent without fail.

Also--- what about a move that always hits, including Pokemon that use Dig, Dive, Fly, or Shadow Force?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Hyper Burst:
    Type: Normal
    Special Attack
    Accuracy: 90%
    Power: 150
    A powerful short blast. PreCharges for attack causing Pokemon to attack 2nd.

Basically Hyper Beam, but a little more useful because instead of a waiting a turn to recharge you charge on the attack turn and attack 2nd.

Yeah, I have to agree with Oni Raichu as well... I guess Faint Attack, and Ice Beam aren't too bad of moves but it does make for boring battles between people with those type of pokes.

Years
    I agree with you all so much we need more Ice And Dark type moves I don't care much about steel i hate the element it has one good move and i always give it to my feralagtr STEEL TAIL but yes i agree about the dark

But a good move would be Some thing like LIGHTNING ROD a move that cause the pokemon to get struck by lightning when it rains like (in other words its just a way of making the pokemon get a bit more damage like hail)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Because Assurance, Beat up, Bite, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Embargo, Faint Attack, Fake Tears, Flatter, Fling, Knock off, Memento, Nasty Plot, Night Slash, Payback, Punishment, Pursuit, Snatch, Sucker Punch, Switcheroo, Taunt, Thief, Torment, Bullet Punch, Doom Desire, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Magnet Bomb, Metal Burst, Metal Claw, Metal Sound, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Steel Wing, Aurora Beam, Avalanche, Blizzard, Hail, Haze, Ice Ball, Icebeam, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Icy Wind, Mist, Powder Snow, and Sheer Cold just isn't enough moves to be used by a Pokemon. Dark has a TON of moves. Ice moves really do not require much more, since if more would created those moves wouldn't really be used much. Same with Steel, the number of moves might not be too much, but they've got most of it covered, a good physical and special move with some stat altering ones here and there. The number of Steel moves rival the average of the number of moves per element. In my opinion, there should be more Dragon moves. Eleven moves isn't enough. And so I introduce these moves.

Name: Incision
    Type: Steel
    PP: 10
    Base Power: 100
    Accuracy: 95
    Category: Physical
    Description: The user hardens it's claws to a steel-like material and incises its claws into the opponent to attack. No added effect.

Name: Sharpen
    PP: 20
    Base Power: --
    Accuracy: --
    Descriptions: The user refines and sharpens it's coating and restores half of it's HP.

Name: Wyvern Drive
    Type: Dragon
    PP: 5
    Base Power: 120
    Accuracy: 85
    Description: User cloaks itself with a mystical veil, then attacks with a blitz of dragon power.

Name: Power Jump
    Type: Dragon
    Description: User jumps with power to gather energy. Raises Special Attack and Speed.

Name: Missile Blow
    Base Power: 120
    Accuracy: 85
    Category: Special
    Description: User unleashes a flock of super-charged missiles and bombs the opponent.

Name: Rolling Stone
    Base Power: 90
    Accuracy: 100
    Description: A boulder is rolled beeline towards the opponent to flatten them.

Name: Chrysalis
    Type: Ice
    Base Power: 100
    Accuracy: 95
    Description: User surrounds and encloses the opponent in a freezing chrysalis. Chrysalis walls shrink when the foe is secure inside. 10% chance of paralyzing the opponent.

There it is, a new Steel Move, recovery moves for the steel type (seeing how Bronzong desperately needs one.), a "Fire Blast style" Dragon Move, a special attack version of Dragon Dance, a special steel move, a 100AC Rock move as Horyo wanted, and an ice move upon popular demand.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Name: Rolling Stone
    Base Power: 90
    Description: A boulder is rolled beeline towards the opponent to flatten them.

Stole my move...

Move: Iron Rock
    Acc:----
    Power: 90
    The user turns into a ball of magnetic rock and uses the rock's magnetic field to slam the opponent without fail.

Anyways..

I definitely think we need more Ice-type Moves. Here are some I was thinking of:

Flash Freeze
    Power: 150
    Acc.: 90
    The user immediately flash freezes the opponent. The opponent becomes frozen. Can not use this move for 3 turns after using it.

Chill Beam
    Power: 65
    The user cools itself down, then launches a chilling beam at the opponent. Has a 20% chance of raising the power of the user's Ice type moves by 50%.

I've also come up with another move:
    Calm Eye
    Power: 100
    Type: Psychic

THe user detects where an opponent who is out of attack range is, then slams into the opponent. If the opponent is not underground, underwater, in the air, or has disappeared, this attack will fail.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Name: Divine Dance
    Type: Normal
    Descriptions: Dances to increase the users lowest stat by 3 stages

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    name:sheild void
    type:fighting
    accuracy:
    power:
    category:other
    description:a mysterious ceremony that increases both defense & speed.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    Name: Earth crusher
    Type : Ground
    Power: ---
    Accuracy : 75
    description : A one hit-Ko attack. Hits every one on the screen except the user or any flying type pokemon

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Name:Exp Blast
    Type:Normal
    PP:15
    Accuracy:100
    Power:90
    Category:Special
    Description:a blast of energy hits the foe if this attack K.Os the foe the Exp gained doubles

Name:Stat Sucker
    Type:ghost
    PP:10
    Accuracy90
    Power:90
    Description:ghosts wrap around the foe and the user gains 2 stages of the foes best stat

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I would have said that I would like to see some good grass move,
    but since D/P added a lot, not much.

Back