• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] What new QOL features are you hoping for?

Years
    With each new Pokemon game, there is usually a new QOL feature added to the game. There has been the removal of HMs, allowing TMs to be reusable, accessing the PC from anywhere.
    What new or returning QOL features are you hoping for?

Years
    If they being back the universal exp. share it should be able to be turned off for those who don't want to use it.

While I would use it, I know that many probably want to be able to turn it off.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I really like using the PC from anywhere to switch out my team and try out new Pokémon. That was a step in the right direction so I hope they keep that in future games.

As for features, I'd like the Poke Radar and Underground to make a return to the remakes. The entire Battle Frontier would be very nice, but that's just a dream at this point.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    If they being back the universal exp. share it should be able to be turned off for those who don't want to use it.

While I would use it, I know that many probably want to be able to turn it off.
    Agreed here. Options, please!
    I really like using the PC from anywhere to switch out my team and try out new Pokémon. That was a step in the right direction so I hope they keep that in future games.

As for features, I'd like the Poke Radar and Underground to make a return to the remakes. The entire Battle Frontier would be very nice, but that's just a dream at this point.
    Poke Radar would be great - but keep the DPPt mechanic of being able to continue a high chain after getting a shiny! XY effectively reset it after you caught one, and that was disappointing. I liked catching multiple.

Underground minigames and features are a must. We have seen the Underground at least, but no details beyond that.

Yes please. This is by far the best feature, and I'd be a bit bummed if I had to keep going back to a PC. Definitely my #1!

Some more things...

1) Tutorials should be optional
    2) Let us draw our own Poké Ball seals (as unlikely as this is)
    3) Bring over the item that lets us change our mon's ability to its HA
    4) Shortcuts, especially for flying - this used to be possible in SuMo if you added Charizard to your D-pad, but with SwSH you have to click to get into the menu and then click the map. I really think we need (expanded so it's not just ride Pokémon) shortcuts to return in this game, as well as later games.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    There's been some nice QOL things they seem to enjoy continuing as the series goes on. Things like the phasing out of HMs, options to add a newly caught Pokemon to your party, quicker PC management, continuing repels, changing how move tutors work, and just easier menuing, all of which I hope get brought over to BDSP.

As for specific things I've got in mind...
    Move Tutors are a big one for me personally. Why did we have to check a separate board to see how many shards of what type we need for each move when tutoring? Why did we need to select a Pokemon to see what moves it can learn, and select a move just to be told we don't have enough shards?
    Why did we have a separate Treasures bag in the Underground so we have to remember to transfer them over to our actual bag? They serve zero purpose in the Treasures bag.
    Why did we have to speak to certain people to change how we appear to others in multiplayer?

That being said, the Poketch is pretty much a QOL machine and I'm interested in not only how it'll function with the game no longer having 2 screens, but how it can introduce new and interesting QOL changes into BDSP. We had a portable PC box in SWSH, what's stopping them from giving us a PC app on our Poketch to switch things out on the fly? That sounds sweet!

Years
    I would like to see Super Training make a comeback as well, would be great for nuzlocking for when you need to min max and I just enjoy it more than traditional EV training.

Years
    i haven't been updated with QoL progress in so long since i stopped playing the main games way back in Gen 5. did they already include a feature where you can see right away which Pokemon in your party can learn a TM before even booting it up? that was a nice little QoL featured in a rom hack i'm playing, and i really like it~

Years
    i haven't been updated with QoL progress in so long since i stopped playing the main games way back in Gen 5. did they already include a feature where you can see right away which Pokemon in your party can learn a TM before even booting it up? that was a nice little QoL featured in a rom hack i'm playing, and i really like it~
    Well I know you can see which Tm's a Pokemon can learn as you scroll through the tm list on sword and shield so yeah they have that and I do think it will be in the remakes as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I really need that counter from poke radar.
    I used to use it a lot when EV training.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    All I ask is that exp. share is not forced on

Years
    I would really like Super Training and the PSS to come back. Not really new features but it's coming up on a decade (oh my god) since we had them.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Exp from catching Pokemon needs to stay. Would have originally come in this thread to say "no hms" but ILCA thankfully answered that prayer.

Exp candies I hope also make a comeback, but I'd be fine if they don't make it in.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Definitely seconding the items for getting a Pokemon's Hidden Ability, some of them are really really cool and it would be a massive pain to have to breed/trade/catch a new one with HA. Not everyone looks up abilities on the wiki beforehand and it sucks whenever I discover that a mon I've been using for like half the game actually has an amazing alternate ability.

Back