• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What new Trainer Class do you want?

Medli

I am Error.
Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I'm trying to remember if there is a cop/police type trainer.

Can't you fight the cops in Pokemon Crystal? If I remember correctly, there were two; one was near the Daycare Center, and the other was near the opening to the park (north of Goldenrod). You could fight them only at night, and they had Growlithe.

I don't know if they brought them back, though. I'm not as familiar with Gen 4.

I'd also like a Professor class. There's got to be more than just Oak/Elm/etc. I'd also like an upgrade to the Ace/Cool Trainers. I also second the idea of having trainers use fossil Pokemon.

I'd also like it if they had specific trainers that were references to the anime or Pokemon Adventures (like Red from G/S/C and HG/SS). I just think it would be fun.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • I'm not very original at these...

● Archeologist - Uses fossilised Pokémon like Aerodactyl. That's a good idea but I think the name's taken, so I guess paleontologist?
    ● Dreamer - Uses Psychic and Ghost types. Well we already have psychics and channelers for those pokemon, maybe they can use pokemon who use dream eater (Hypno Gengar etc.)
    ● Gamer - Uses Porygon. Name again taken.
    ● Glutton - Uses Munchlax and Snorlax. That's a great idea, there's way too many fat guys in pokemon world to say none of them are trainers.
    ● Major/General - Uses physically tough-looking Pokémon like Nidoking, Aggron, Machamp, etc. Or maybe they could use electric types Lt Surge.
    ● Professor - Uses 'smart' Pokémon like Hypno. Well we already have scientists, plus most smart pokemon coincidentally are psychic types.
    ● Teen / Teenager - Use middle-evolutions of common Pokémon. Or nintendo could actually program the already existing trainers to actually evolve their pokemon (level 20 ratatas and caterpies, seriously?).
    ● Singer - Uses Whismur and its evolutions. I like that idea.
    ● Super Gamer - Uses Porygon and its evolutions. Or again we could let his predecessor evolve his pokemon and have 1 less sprite to make.

Maybe we could have a "Pokemob" class that's a team of 6 wild pokemon teaming up to fight you consiting rarer pokemon in the area and their evolutions.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • Sportsman: Uses "sporty" Pokemon, like Makuhita and Machoke. Found in various cities and fields.
    Doctor: Uses all kinds of Pokemon, but employs a lot of healing Moves. Found in Pokemon Centers.
    Magician: Uses Psychic- and Ghost-Types, and uses Moves like Switcheroo, Trick, and Trick Room frequently. Found in cities, mainly in the streets.
    Dancer: Uses a variety of Pokemon, but prefers speedy ones with Moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance. Found in cities, near Contest Halls.
    Diver: Uses lots of Water-Types, but specializes in "underwater" ones, like Clamperl and Relicanth. Found underwater.
    Grave-Robber: Uses Ghost-Types, Dark-Types, and other "dead" Pokemon, like Fossil Pokes. Employs Moves like Thief, Covet, and Knock Off. Found in graveyard places like Pokemon Tower, Mt. Pyre, and Lost Tower.
    Violinist: Uses musical Pokemon, but mainly Kricketot and Kricketune. Found near restaurants and Contest Halls, oftentimes accompanied by Singers and Orchestras.
    Singer: Uses Chatot, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Whismur and the like. Found in the same areas as Violinists and Orchestras.
    Orchestra: Uses a blend of the Violinists' Pokes and the Singers' Pokes. Found in the same areas as Singers and Violinists.
    Drummer: Uses "beating" Pokemon, like Snorlax and Hariyama. Employs Moves like Belly Drum, Encore, and Pound. Found in cities, mainly on the streets.
    Spy: Uses Ditto only. Found in "secret" places like Pokemon Mansion.
    Inventor: Uses newer evolutions to older Pokemon, like Magmortar, Porygon-Z, Froslass, Blissey, etc... Found in areas with lots of Pokemon.
    Florists: Uses Grass-Types, but not as cutesy as Aroma Girls. Found in forests, quaint towns, and Routes with gardens.
    Adventurer: Uses really wild Pokemon, like Mankey and Carnivine. Found in forests, cliffs, and caves.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Pirate — water types, esp. Carvanha & Sharpedo.
    Hunter — bird and dog pokemon.
    Diver — only/mostly pokemon found underwater.
    Explorer — well-rounded, ready for anything.
    Soldier — mainly electric, steel and fighting types.

All I came up with on the spot.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Paladin (sort of a modern version of a game style Paladin)
    he'd use Psychic and fighting orientated Pokemon..aka.Gallade

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Mother with Baby Carriage- They'd use the same sprite as the mothers in Hearthome City. They would have either baby Pokemon or maternal Pokemon like Chansey and Nidoqueen.

Old Man on Walker- They could use slow Pokemon like Slugma!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Pilot - Flying Types
    Psycho Crazy Teacher : Psychchics of course
    Prof. from every region (Ex. Prof Oak wants to battle !!) - Well rounded , always ready .
    Headmaster - Lol I dunno which types but this idea seems crazy .

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I know,
    Attorney & Prosecutor, the Attorney would use Flying and Dragon type Pokemon and the Prosecutor would use Fire types such as Ninetales...

(See if you can guess the reference ;) )

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Bassist (just as a joke), Cosplayer (Basically expand on the guy that dressed up as Pikachu in D/P/Pt), Type Zealot (Contains a variety of only one type), Metalhead, Hippie, and Executive. That's all I can think of. Actually, Tourist would be pretty fun to beat.

Back