• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What new watch accessory e.g pokenav, pokesav

Do you want the gear "Poke watch" or "Poketch" to be in the 5th gen?

• Yes!! but ugraded version

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes, I dont mind

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No!! I want a new gear.

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No..Its boring and useless

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • uhm i don't really care

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Let's see… Poké… er, I don't know, I honestly don't want another one…

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    PokePod sounds like a good name for the next one.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    PokePod won't work because anything with 'pod' in it and is an electronic item is copyrighted by Apple :D.

PokeBrace, PokePok, something with poke in it more than likely. Or initials like R.U.D. (really useless device), PDS (Poke Device that Sucks), etc.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I was thinking a PokePhone. It'd be a smart phone with a lot of cool stuff like a radio, a GPS navigation system, all the returning Poketch apps, and of course a phone of some sort. :P

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I was thinking a PokePhone. It'd be a smart phone with a lot of cool stuff like a radio, a GPS navigation system, all the returning Poketch apps, and of course a phone of some sort. :P

Cool idea, it makes sense with all the moderation or yea. but prob a diff name.
    it would be pretty awesome, since were addicteded to them anywaysd :p

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Maybe Pokepock. (Short for Pokemon Pocket?)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    What if they just had the Pokedex do all that. It would be on the touch screen and could be used for basically everything that can be done on HGSS (on the anime it was used to organise your team after all). Except, hopefully you can stay on whichever screen you want while you walk around and the radio doesn't snap back upon leaving the route.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Poketch was cool, but there were too many useless apps, and likewise the pokegear is alright but the constant calling is frustrating and it lacks basic features the poketch had that made it cool. A PDA-style device would be nice. If not I could definitely settle for a flashlight and/or an inner tube.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
    Something with the old Pokegear and the Poketech into one. Kinda like a smart phone I would say

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I think a smart phone style device is what we will be looking at here.

Pokésmart maybe?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It's watch-style, I know that much. Look at the trainer art.

If it were up to me, I'd just add the best stuff from all the previous devices. Apps, Radio, Phone/email. Maybe forget radio and make it iPod-style, as in actually choose what you're listening to.

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
    Wow you are creative to come up with this idea man...hmmmmm im thinking of a Poképhone which does all the things that the 3 above do!!! make a call, text, radio, use apps, use google maps to find the route, blah blah blah :D

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    Poketch in BW?? x/

Well while Im looking at the main characters' design, i noticed that they're wearing a watch..soo do you think poketch will be in the 5th gen or do you want it to be in the 5th gen?

ps: sorry if there's already a thread about this..you can just close it if there is x]

Last edited:

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    soo you guys dont want to have new gear??? =/
    but instead an old one but an upgraded version?? yeah i dont mind having an upgraded pokegear or poketch x]

Esmas

General
    Years
    I liked the menu being on the Touch Screen like in HeartGold and SoulSilver, it was quite useful and efficient. The Pokétch wasn't as efficient, and it was a bit of a downgrade from what we've seen, as it was a bit too close to a digital clock with minor added features. Some things were useful, like the Friendship Checker app, but most were useless and cost more scrolling through the apps time.

I wouldn't mind having a Pokétch in Black and White, as long as it was upgraded, although that's inevitable since it's a new set of games. Hopefully it'll be more futuristic with better graphics (instead of that uuugly gree colour, ugh :x) and cooler transitions.

Oh, and I was thinking... since the games seem to be brought into more of a futuristic era, what would you think about a hologram watch? o3o

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
    The pokegear easy, the only thing i used on the tech was the Team thing that shows the health. The whole menu is on the pokegear. But we need stuff like the pokerader on it.

Back