• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What nickname are you proudest of?

Years
  • I try to nickname most, if not all, of the Pokemon I catch. Here are some of my prouder moments.

Off the top of my head from Black 2:
    - Daimyo (Samurott)
    - Vulcan (Emboar)
    - Hierophis (Serperior)

From Pokemon X:
    - Kindle (Fletchling)
    - Harrier (Pidgey)
    - Caprin (Skiddo)
    - Vorumd (Sigilyph)
    - Caesar (Gabite)
    - Goliath (Snorlax)
    - Orion (Lucario)
    - Keiser (Tyrantrum)
    - Argentum (Aggron)

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • When I caught my first Shiny (Quagsire), it just had to be named. Me and naming improvisation don't go well together. Consequences? "Pink Blob".

Also, I am breeding for competitive Pokémon now, and I want to get nicknames on those too. That means they will either have Latin nicknames or dumb word jokes.
    Ferrothorn: RaBARBer (Rabarber = rhubarb)
    Excadrill: DRILLpudding (Drilpudding = jelly pudding)

I'm currently waiting for inspiration for Florges, Zoroark and Garchomp, VM me if you get any stupid ideas ;)

Last edited:

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I had been trying forever to get a male competitive Barbaracle so I could name him Squidward. It didn't work out. 8 hours of breeding later, I got a female one with the stats, nature, and ability I needed. I named it squidward anyways.
    That's not what I'm proud of, though. Later I added a male Blaziken to my competitive team and I decided to just name him "Kenny." Then it finally hit me. BARBaracle, blaziKEN.
    I renamed them both. Ken and Barbie.

Koiko

A Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
    Years
  • Fearow I named it Big Bird. Then 8 years later when I played Diamond again I realized I had a lvl 80 Fearow named Big Bird. (What did I do to my life)

Years
  • Abu the Ambipom in Diamond
    Raja the Arcanine in FireRed
    Iago the Chatot in Platinum

And you now see the pattern.... I think? Maybe? No? OK.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • My Flygon is always named Skye-chan. I love this name because it just fits for some reason. It's also female at all times as well. If I'm not naming it that, then I usually name it after a very special friend.

I also felt proud after naming my Houndoom Loki because of it's horns. XD

Back