• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What nicknames are you giving your Pokemon!??

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    Type: Null - Arstricmor (Armor + Restrict)
    Jangmo-o - Scalor (Scale + Warrior)
    A-Raticate - Chubbrat (Chubby + Rat/Brat)
    A-Meowth - Purgo (Purr + Ego)
    A-Raichu - Sweeturf (Sweet + Surf)
    Drampa - Eldvern (Elder + Wyvern)
    Comfey - Lyralei
    Morelull - Lumiroo (Illuminate + Mushroom)
    Minior - Starmet (Star + Comet)
    Bruxish - Queenzle (Queen + Dazzle)
    Cutiefly - Minary (Mini + Fairy)

Years
    Haven't come up with any specific nicknames yet, since I'm not planning my team ahead of time, but seeing as how Alola is based on Hawaii, my Pokemon are going to have nicknames that only make use of the Hawaiian alphabet. Might be a challenge since I've only got 12 letters to work with, but I think it should lead to some fun and unique nicknames!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I want to name my Litten Flametail, after the ShadowClan medicine cat in Warriors. I might name it Tigerstar or Brambleclaw depending on its final evo though.

I agree with Peeko being a good name for Pikipek.

Lugarugan, Aleu or Kodiak depending on its gender.

Salandit, still thinking. Sandy? Bandit? Nah..

A-Ninetales, something like Glacia or Snowflake. Can't think of good ice-type names.

A-Raichu, don't know yet. Pancake? Meringue?

Jangmo-o, I think Spyro. I can probably come up with a better name.

Lunala I might leave nameless, because Lunala is already a good name in itself. I might name it Artemis though. Maybe not.

Assuming we'll get Zygarde, still thinking. Hades seems good.

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I don't know too many of the Sun/Moon Pokémon out of those that have been revealed so far, and since I tend to give certain Pokémon nicknames that allude to real-world pop culture, I've decided on the following, assuming I do get these Pokémon:

*Popplio - Salty (Because my first glance at the Water starter reminded me of Salty the Seal from Walt Disney's classic Mickey Mouse theatrical shorts.)
    *Lunala - Luana (I initially misread the Legendary Pokémon as 'Luana' when someone on Pokémon Crossroads took on said Pokémon's name.)

Maybe when I get the chance to know more of the newly-revealed Pokémon, I might think of additional nicknames.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    *Lunala - Luana (I initially misread the Legendary Pokémon as 'Luana' when someone on Pokémon Crossroads took on said Pokémon's name.)

Hey, Luana happened to be one of the Hawaiian words (apparently it means happiness/enjoyment), so I think this might be a good nickname c:

And on the vacay, I've been thinking of a name for Alolan Exeggutor after seeing a handful of coconut trees on the trip: 卡拉巴 (kǎlābā), literally kelapa, which in turn is the Indonesian and Malay word for coconut.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Exeggutor - Johnny

Spoiler:

Seeing him & the new Wood Hammer animation work together so flawlessly inspired the name

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Lugarugan - Either Remus or Lupin, depending on what I feel like in the moment.
    Alola Ninetales - Echo, because my Ninetales is always named Echo.
    Mudsdale - Westley

That's all I've got for now, the rest will be nicknamed depending on what I'm reading :P

Starry Windy

Years
    I've thought of a few more, this time it's using alphabetic instead of Chinese letters:

Vikavolt: Jueki. Apparently it means tree sap in Japan, and beetles are known to like tree saps.
    Zygarde: Core-Z7. I can't help but think of computer cores when I saw how Zygarde fights in Sun and Moon just recently.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Litten: Tai Lung if male, Hikage if female
    Salandit: Jeice if male, Namira if female
    Turtonator: Bowser
    Jangmo-o: Galli
    Lurantis: Sei
    Type: Null: Noumu
    Alolan Marowak: Jalhalla
    Tapu Koko: Voltron
    Lunala: Pandora
    Oricorio: Marron
    Minior: Buu
    Mudsdale: Alfsigr
    Wimpod: Pibb
    Mimikyu: Po
    Vikavolt: Otachi
    Pikapek: Pearl
    Rockruff: Soma
    Alolan Sandslash: Whis
    Alolan Ninetales: Amu
    Alolan Meowth: Sas
    Zygarde: Cell

Years
    Pyukumuku - Lotion Fluids, Wet Fluids, Dumpin' Out, or Love Spit
    Rowlet - N/A
    Sandalit - DastardPSN, Pipin'Sneak
    Mudsdale - Bulwark, BodyBag, FieldShield
    Oricorio (Baile Style) - Senorita <_<;
    Oricorio (Pom-Pom) - Bae, Cray, Molly, Jennifer, U.S.A-Girl, "On-Fleek", Petty Tweet
    Oricorio (Sensu Style) - Entwine, Japansy
    Oricorio (Pa'u Style) - Left Flow, Right Flow, L&R-Flow
    Rockruff - Bony Stones
    Comfey - Tran Q' uil (Bad Perfume Product, yes? Haha), Scent Spray, LUSH
    Cutiefly - I-Fly (I spy with my little eye), Fuzzy Fly, Touchy Bug

The ones I bold are definitely the ones I'm gonna use in-game/online for later use. I'm still trying to think up so future good ones for the others. Don't know yet.

Starry Windy

Years
    I've been thinking of some names in order recently:

Solgaleo: 超绝 (chāo​jué, lit. meaning superb). Inspired from a certain Sentai power-up there.
    Oranguru (tentative): 先生. Since this 'mon teaches stuffs, I think it wouldn't be more appropriate than calling it sensei.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Thinking of nicknaming my Vikavolt as Kolaghan. Still thinking for the rest of my team though ):

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Out of a couple of my potiential team members:

Vikavolt: Volt
    Litten: Blaze or Chat Noir
    Bewear: Cubby
    Crabrawler: Mac or Lil' Mac
    Passimian: RG3
    Mudsdale: Bailey, Clyde, or Dale
    Jangmo-o: Maui
    Lycanroc (Midday): Hunter

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    So far from the 3 Pokemon I plan on using:
    Litten: if it's male I'll call him Milo or if it's female I'll call her Kiara
    Alola Vulpix: if it's male I'll call him Renard, or if it's a female I'll call her Sophie
    Eevee: if it's male I'll call him Mozart, or if it's a female I'll call her Fiona

Darux

Its ya boi Guzma
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 25, 2017
    If the game allows me to name Chinese names, I think I have considered some:
    Popplio: 风光海狮 (fēng guāng hǎi shī), which means impressive sea lion. At first I thought of 风 (wind) and 光 (light) combination first, but then realized the meaning of the two combined {XD}
    Alolan Vulpix: 雪狐子 (xuě hú zi), which means little snow fox.

dat Chinese tho

I don't know why, but I want to name my A-Vulpix "Canada".
    The rest i'll probably call "mistake" or "filler".

Last edited by a moderator:

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
    Lycanrock (Sun) - Stark, yeah, because Game of Thrones.
    Salandit - Iago, he just looks evil as fu ck, and Iago is the villian in Shakepeare's Othello, and he's evil as fu ck.
    Rowlet - Papageno, from Mozart's opera The Magic Flute.
    Vikavolt - Kabuterimon, because Digimon, or Buzkill, depends on what I feel like in the moment of my capture.
    Passimian - DICKS OUT (Sorry, I have to, even if it's not a gorilla)
    Wishiwashi - Infinite Sushi

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    I never plan a team for my first playthrough and when I give nicknames they are always spontanous. For Sun and Moon I changed my plan a little bit. To honor the colour/rainbow theme, I'll name all my catched pokémon after matching colours. So red pokémon(scarlet, ruby,rose), blue ones(azure, indigo, cobalt) and so on. Seems fitting for such a colourfull region:).

Back