• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What nicknames do you give to your pokemon

Do You Give Your Pokemon A Nickname?

• Yes

Votes: 219 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 74 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
    I nickname my pokemon, but only after I'm satisfied with their moves, and feel them out 4 A bit. Peace!

Years
    I always nickname the pokes I use on wifi, gives them an originanility out in that big wifi World xD
    Heres my team and their names:
    T tar: Twister
    Togekiss: Razor Wind
    Umbreon: Shadow
    Mamoswine: Mammochon
    Yanmega- Slicer
    Gengar- Chaos

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    i always thought about naming mine but i thought it might get annoying after a while.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    There was already a thread on the topic of nicknames :[ But since this was moved from somewhere else, then I guess I shouldn't have expected you to check for an existing one.

-Merged-

Tra la la~

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    I always do because it personalizes it, especially were I to catch/train multiple. One of my favorites is a Swellow named Birnadette. I think I was thinking of Bird-nadette but it just somehow stayed an actual name.

Sometimes if I catch Pokemon for a purpose I'll name them that. I had a Raltz, Wurmple, and others named "TRADE". Once I actually decided to train one, which was weird because then it was like "Your TRADE evolved into a Mightyena!".

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    The only nicknames I give are to the Unown, just to identify what letter they are.

Years
    Personally i don't really like giving Pokemon nicknames because it just feels weird from some unkown reason O.o but if i get pokemon that has a nickname randomly through a trade i dont mind...mutch

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I have:
    Chimchar - Chimchim
    Budew - Petals
    Ponyta - Dasher
    Shieldon - Rammy
    Meditite - Lotus

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    My nicknames in Platinum:
    Turtwig=Dia
    Luxio=Nala
    Staravia=Ryuusei
    Shellos=Slusho

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    champX12 good name 4 budew i mite steal that(joking) i call mine

chimchar:blaze
    gyarados:sunami
    Staraptor:raptor

Years
    I've had some weird and unusual nicknames for my pokemon.

Chocolate - Typhlosion
    Duckie - Torterra
    Tenchi - Pikachu
    Aeka - Rattata
    Sasami - Pidgey
    Biscuit - Clefairy

Three of them was back when I was really into tenchi muyo.. and since I haven't edited/played my yellow since.. well yeah..

Years
    I never nickname my pokemon but thinking about it these days.....when I got Sapphire for the first time, I wish I named my Cyndaquil (sp?) Blaze just for a specific nickname when he evolved into Blaziken >_>

meh, maybe I should start nicknaming my pokemon again XD

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I tend to nickname Pokémon an alteration of their actual name. For example, Ampharos would be Rapharam. Kinda like that. Or, if it just sounds kewl at the moment, I'd also use it. Like Zemquick, the Luxray (named before I found out it wasn't all that fast). I suppose I'll list my cooler nicknames that I've done:

Diamnaga, Dialga
    Patiku, Pikachu
    Bloo, Empoleon (I just like that one ^^)
    Pialkia, Palkia
    Tartynitar, Tyranitar
    Skyblade X, Skarmory (only because I could fit the 'X')
    And so on.

Chao

Lurker extraordinaire
    Years
    I never actually nickname them in-game but when I use a Pokemon for a while I end calling it by some shortened name in my head. Like, if my spheal is low on HP I'll find myself thinking "Live Sphee! Live!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back