• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What nicknames do you give to your pokemon

Do You Give Your Pokemon A Nickname?

• Yes

Votes: 219 74.7%
  • No

Votes: 74 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I only nickname my pokemon if there original names don't suit them, they usually look somehing a "Dave" or "Chad", so i'd change them to that or something else >.>

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Every single one. XD If I can. :P
    There isn't one Pokemon I haven't nicknamed so far. :P (Apart from ones I get in trades, such as Darkrai [though I lost it. XD]) I named my Empoleon Arc, Espeon Sunny, Tangrowth Medusa (I'm so mean XD), Magnezone Lightning and my Houndoom Roxy. :D This is just my main team on Platinum, btw. Oh, and I forgot my Garchomps name. XD

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I never nickname my Pokemon. I can't come up with any that I think are good enough, and I'd hate to have to deal with the Name Rater just to switch back to it's species name after I sat for an hour thinking up a name I ended up disliking. x3

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I never nickname my pokemon. I feel silly doing it and it's an inconvience for trades when people are like "I dun't want this, it has a nick name" :<

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Ever since RSE, I've picked a certain theme to base my Pokemon nicknames off of. For Platinum, my theme was Dragon Ball Z and to give an example, I named my Chimchar Saiyan.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Nope, not here. I have always stuck wit the traditional sticking with the original names. Something that I don't plan on changing either but thats just me.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I always nickname my main team, but don't bother with other Pokemon.

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
  • No I do not because for some odd reason I seem silly for doing it because most - all of the people seen in the pokemon games have normal named pokemon, and well I want to fit in even though the people in it don't exist <_<

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
  • I cant stand not naming my pokemon.
    And how do i come up with a name? I think of a name thats how, i perfer using human names though.
    Pet names for pokemon are obnoxious.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    I really hate the capital names so I always name them after their final evolution with small letters;
    So TURTWIG becomes Torterra, CHIMCHAR Infernape, etc, etc.
    Not really nicknames, but still...

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • i usely dnt give ncknms but if i do its usely

takeahike, away or crap

GO takeahike
    GO away
    GO crap

get the picture ^_^

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
  • i like to go online and search like for example in japanese chou means butterfly so i name my butterfree chou

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back