• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What non-anime shows are you currently watching?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I know there are a few of us that watch stuff outside of anime, so here's the thread for that.

Current;y I'm watching Watashitachi no Kyoukashou, Liar Game, Joudan Janai, Kamen Rider Den-O, Gekiranger, and Ultraman Nexus.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    I haven't really watched many proper Japanese TV shows.. though I have started watching Kamen Rider DEN-O.. because of your banner XD.. and I like it too, I might start watching more TV shows.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Quite a few J-Dramas and/or Taiwanese dramas.

Heres my main three as of right now:

Stand Up!
    Meteor Garden (based on Hana Yori Dango)
    Summer Snow

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Den-O here as well.
    The last rider I watched was Ryuki, so the initial light-hearted nature of Den-O was pretty surprising.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I'm not sure what you mean by "non-anime" exactly. Like non-anime cartoon shows, or real life shows? Well, either way, I watch both types, haha.

At the moment, I'm impatiently waiting for the third season of ATLA to be released, since it's technically not an anime, as well as some Family Guy episodes to a lesser extent. The Simpsoms play daily everynight, so that's become standard, and on occassion, I'll watch South Park.

Non-anime reality shows I'm currently watching, are Hell's Kitchen, Seinfeld, and Scrubs. I do watch other shows, but most of them are too infrequent to watch supportively.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Taiwanese Dramas that are based on mangas
    Hana Kimi
    It started with a Kiss

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I haven't really started watching non anime related shows yet so can anyone suggets any?
    This would be a good place to start, and maybe a J-Drama or two. as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "non-anime" exactly. Like non-anime cartoon shows, or real life shows? Well, either way, I watch both types, haha.

At the moment, I'm impatiently waiting for the third season of ATLA to be released, since it's technically not an anime, as well as some Family Guy episodes to a lesser extent. The Simpsoms play daily everynight, so that's become standard, and on occassion, I'll watch South Park.

Non-anime reality shows I'm currently watching, are Hell's Kitchen, Seinfeld, and Scrubs. I do watch other shows, but most of them are too infrequent to watch supportively.
    Well, it's not general entertainment, so non-anime Japanese or Asian shows.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    well, how about that Japneses Ultramen show thing? that was pretty good.

Mostly I watch StarGate.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2009
    waiting for the last episode of liar game and finishing up pride at the moment.

ps. liar game rocks

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I just finished Ryukendo (awesome ending) and am currently on Gekiranger.

Gary

twinkle twinkle rainbow star.
    Years
    I've been watching Jyuuken Sentai Gekiranger from the start, which is a great show (Rio-sama <3); and Kamen Rider DEN-O.

I stopped watching Hana Yori Dango's second season due to how slow it had become, has the pace picked up any? Anyone?

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    I like comedy shows. Example: Simpsons, Family Guy, War At Home, American Dad, South Park, etc.

Meh. Like most Americans, I watch reality shows too. XP Example: So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, Wheel of Fortune, Ellen De'Generes, etc.

I also ADORE SNL. (Saturday Night Live)

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Quite a few J-Dramas and/or Taiwanese dramas.

Heres my main three as of right now:

Stand Up!
    Meteor Garden (based on Hana Yori Dango)
    Summer Snow

A few years when Meteor Garden first came out, my aunts and my mom were like addicted to that show..lol

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Umm, I have not really watched any YET does anyone have some shows that they can recommend, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I stopped watching Hana Yori Dango's second season due to how slow it had become, has the pace picked up any? Anyone?
    Late reply, but God no. The second season is horrible, there's just too much back and forthing with Makino and Tsukasa. I stopped watching at episode 4, picked up months later and just found that nothing about the season improved over the first.

Umm, I have not really watched any YET does anyone have some shows that they can recommend, thanks.
    If you're looking for J-Drama, 1 Litre no Namida / 1 Liter of Tears, 14 sai no Haha, and Watashitachi no Kyoukashou are pretty awesome series. Outside of J-Drama, Kamen Rider 555 and Garo are pretty good watches as well.

Back