• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What NON legendary would you trade for a legendary?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Whenever I got a shiny pokemon I used to put it up on the GTS right away in order to get a legendary pokemon and it alway sword great (except for Druddigon for some reason, I just could not trade that one on the GTS for some reason) Well as I started getting into breeding I wound up with a 6IV Zorua pretty quickly (totally normal in every way other than IVs) and put it on the GTS just out of curiosity and within minutes I got a Zekrom. Well after a day or so I FINALLY got a second 6IV Zorua and against my better judgement, I let curiosity get the best of me and put it up on the GTS before I went to bed and when I got up it had gotten traded for a Reshiram. So yesterday I put a 5IV Zorua (Naive nature, everything but SpD, which I noted in the message on the GTS) and within 20 minutes I got a Registeel.

So this begs the question, what normal, breed able pokemon would YOU trade for a legendary? (let's not get TOO specific in terms of egg moves and such, just looking for species and possibly IVs, but no deeper than that, and not shiny either) It just seems weird because I didn't think Zoroarks/Zoruas were that rare at all, but getting Reshiram, Zekrom and Registeel for them says otherwise, so I'd be interested in knowing what non legendaries people would be willing to give up a legendary for.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    To be honest, I'm surprised people risked IV fraud (not saying that you would lie, but you get the gist). Anyways, I find that after you get a decent Ditto, breeding your own Pokemon isn't all too hard, so I wouldn't find myself giving up a legendary for really any 5IV non-legendary. 6IV, eh, it depends on the Pokemon, but probably wouldn't. That changes if they're shiny though, because usually those are rarer than legendaries.

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
  • I would only give up a legendary for a 5/6IV Pokemon with a BW2 Tutor move that cannot be passed down as an egg move. (For example, Stealth Rock in Piplup, Chimchar, Mudkip, or Pain Split in Rotom.)

Goombario64

Master of Galaxies
    Years
  • I would certainly take a perfect IV Lucario with an Adamant nature and give up a Legendary (as Lucario is by far my favorite Pokemon). Of course, if my Legendary had perfect IVs and the right nature too, I might have to think twice about that.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I've been trading off a load of 5IV Absols recently. It seems I cant get traded for any legend but Kyurem for them though, so right now I have four Kyurems. So far I've got rid of my worst stat kyurems for a Zekrom and Reshiram. Absolutely gutted I cant have a Black and a White Kyurem at same time.....

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • People are suckers for perfect IVs. I never lie about what Pokemon I send into the GTS, but people will do anything for a Jolly Elekid w/ Ice Punch (even if it only has 2 or 3 IVs). Personally, if it isn't something like my level 99 Dialga or level 100 Ho-Oh, I have no problem trading Legendaries for a perfect Poke I want.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • I don't understand the appeal for legendaries. I'm very much against using them in battles (so I love 1-upping people who use them in Battle Spot), and you can't even breed them to have good IVs. Why would i trade a competitive pokemon for something I don't want/can't use? Plus, shinies are FAR rarer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I don't understand the appeal for legendaries. I'm very much against using them in battles (so I love 1-upping people who use them in Battle Spot), and you can't even breed them to have good IVs. Why would i trade a competitive pokemon for something I don't want/can't use? Plus, shinies are FAR rarer.

So, what you're saying is, you'd trade your legendaries with me for my shinies? Deal! ;-) (Also, Kalos legendaries are different in that they all have a minimum of 3 IVs guaranteed, including the Pokebank Celebi)

Armand

The Wild Eagle
    Years
  • Trading a powerful (or at least a shiny) pokemon by giving away a legendary is an advantage really (for the legendary owner), at least in my opinion

for example, I would trade a Zekrom, Reshiram or even Rayquaza or Ho-oh to get a timid Espeon, Timid Latias or Jolly Dratini !!!

these pokemon will help me better than the mentioned legendaries, especially if I'm going to compete in facilities such as the PWT or Battle Frontiers !!

The legendaries are useless there, and the only help I get from them in general is filling my pokedex and the PC Boxes, that's all

Semi Legendaries are more helpful in many ways, at least they are not prohibited of entering certain locations

Trading for Shinies? depends on the shiny pokemon itself I guess, but I would give away a Heatran or even a Cresselia for a good shiny pokemon (charmander, luxio or even a pidgey ^_^)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    So, what you're saying is, you'd trade your legendaries with me for my shinies? Deal! ;-) (Also, Kalos legendaries are different in that they all have a minimum of 3 IVs guaranteed, including the Pokebank Celebi)

I'd trade legendaries for a good shiny almost in a heartbeat. XD

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • <p>
    I'd trade legendaries for a good shiny almost in a heartbeat. XD
    </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>It seems people are willing to risk a legendary for a 5IV Pokémon on GTS as long as it is level 1. I had an Absol I'd used for RockSmash at one point and it didn't get traded for a Kyurem after three days and was level 21. Took 30 mins and got another Kyurem within 30 mins. Seems that its easier to get Kyurem than anything else and then traded Kyurem for other legendaries...</p>

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'd trade my legendaries away for some Pokémons I like, at high level. Legendaries doesn't mean anything to me, if Celebi was trade-able in the GTS, I'd trade it for something else that isn't legendary as well.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I'd take anything for some of my Legendaries :P

I literally have boxes full of certain legendaries on Black and White... so they are basically as valuable (or worthless) as a normal Pokemon to me.

Back