• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What old glitches do you think will be back in HG/SS?

TheSolcity

Beginning Scripter
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 27, 2012
    Nintendo has probably left some old glitches for us. :D what do you think they will be?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Nintendo has probably left some old glitches for us. :D what do you think they will be?

Glitches are glitches.

There will not be any glitches present in this game that were present in the originals, as they are running completely different software.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • If there are any 'old' glitches, then they are from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and not the original Gold/Silver. I've honestly not heard if any of the GTS-related glitches still work, but they'd be my guess if any returned.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The cloning glitch has been a tradition since umm Gen 2
    The Cloning Glitch that was introduced back in Gen. II had been changed after DPPt was released. Now, the cloning glitch was utilized through the GTS. So, if any "old glitches" are to make a reappearance into HeartGold and SoulSilver, it would be from DPPt like mentioned by Shadow. It's a new software base the games are laid out on and therefore wouldn't include any of the original glitches from GSC.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I LOVE THE ALL 3 STARTERS GLITCH!!!

I use that at the beginning each time. It is essentially the cloning glitch at the very beginning, but still...

I hope that if they "Bring" in an old glitch, it should be the cloning glitch. Considering that it was GenII's claim to fame and is also the main basis of all the other cheats in the game (All 3 starters, Celebi egg trick, etc.,).

Now they won't probably bring any old glitches, but my guess is that there will be new ones. I'm sure there will be some glitch because of an old feature, not a new one.

Btw I know how everyone's excited about DS Johto, but did you take into consideration DS Kanto? I saw video of DS Pallet Town, and they are reopening Cerulean Cave!

TheSolcity

Beginning Scripter
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 27, 2012
    There won't be any "old glitches" in the game, but if there were, I'd hope they had the Obtain all 3 starters glitch.
    yea, that would be pretty awesome, but id think theyd purposely insert the glitches as easter eggs just for a fan thing :D...cmon, you knowd itd be awesome :), by the way, ive heard about the celebi event having something to do with a notched ear pichu one, any truth? or are they unrelated?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Nope , no original glitches ...

1st , it is a different engine and 2nd , glitches are ERRORS ! They should not be there !

Back