• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] What other pokemon do you think Ash will catch?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Hey guys,sorry if this has already been posted,but what other Unova pokemon do you think Ash will catch? He is now at the 4th gym in the saga and has already caught 8 Unova pokemon total. I am thinking he will catch around 20 total.

Please do no suggest evos. We know some will evolve.

Pokemon he has caught so far:
    Oshawott
    Tepig
    Snivy
    Tranquill
    Scraggy
    Swadloon
    Palpitoad
    Roggenrola

Pokemon I think he will catch:
    The Krokodile he keeps running into. Maybe later on in the saga,but he said he would fight and beat him next time they see each other which also may mean catch.

I am thinking he may get a a Psy,ghost,ice and steel pokemon at least
    Maybe a Duosion or something.
    Maybe a Pawniard
    Maybe a Cubachoo
    Maybe a Litwick or Golurk
    I am also thinking Ash and Trip may let their Tranquill go togeather and Ash may catch a Rufflet. (That is if Trip's Tranquill is a male.)

Last edited:

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
  • Well, this saga is where everything and anything can happen so I can totally see Ash catch a new type he's never really caught before. I really think (OR RATHER HOPE) he should catch Cubchoo which would turn into an epic Beartic.

I like the idea of Ash catching a Rufflet but as for him releasing his Tranquil, I don't know, I just don't see that happening at all. I mean, Tranquil can prove to be a real asset to Ash's team and I don't know if he'd really give him up. But who's to say he doesn't have two bird Pokemon on his team since it's far to say having two of the same types isn't really a problem for Ash (Snivy/Swadloon), it could totally happen.

Pawniard reminds of Ash's Sceptile/Gliscor so I could totally see him being apart of Ash's team and I would love it. It looks so badass! I also think he could catch Audino since I haven't really seen him with a normal type since.....Snorlax? Am I wrong here?

The one i'm really hoping for is Krokork since it's probably becoming my favourite Pokemon because of its attitude and I can totally see it fitting into Ash's team.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Err not sure if this really means anything?

1)Oshawott - Water
    2)Palpitoad - Water/Ground
    1)Snivy - Grass
    2)Swadloon - Grass/Bug
    1)Tepig - Fire
    2)???? - Fire/????

Tranquill - Flying
    Scraggy - Dark/Fighting
    Roggenrola - Rock

Now Either Ash will catch a Golett or Sunglasses Krokorok.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I didn't pay attention to that. It is possible for him to get another Fire/??? type. Maybe Litwick like I suggested sense he has really never had a ghost type other then Huanter,but he only had it for 2 episodes or so.

If they copy the idea of Ash realseing Butterfree which was his first pokemon he ever caught. He may let go of Tranquill. But like you said,Tranquill is pretty strong. I really hope he does catch a Rufflet though. That's like the only pokemon that really tells you Unova is based in "America" other then Victini and a few others. For some odd reason,I can see him catching another bug. Not sure why though.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
  • I'd say Krokorok and Reuniclus, definitely. Reuniclus just seems to fit with Ash's personality, y'know? Golett would be pretty cool. And wow...That pseudo-pattern is rather interesting...I dunno about Litwick, since Trip has a Lampent already, and I don't want too many parallels drawn between the two. However, I could see him with a disobedient Larvesta or an overeager Simisear or Damanitan.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Hey guys,sorry if this has already been posted,but what other Unova pokemon do you think Ash will catch? He is now at the 4th gym in the saga and has already caught 8 Unova pokemon total. I am thinking he will catch around 20 total.

Pokemon I think he will catch:
    The Krokodile he keeps running into. Maybe later on in the saga,but he said he would fight and beat him next time they see each other which also may mean catch.

I am thinking he may get a a Psy,ghost,ice and steel pokemon at least
    Maybe a Duosion or something.
    Maybe a Pawniard
    Maybe a Cubachoo
    Maybe a Litwick or Golurk
    I am also thinking Ash and Trip may let their Tranquill go togeather and Ash may catch a Rufflet. (That is if Trip's Tranquill is a male.)
    I could definitely see him catch either Duosion and evolve it to Reuniclus(as Twiggity Twang said it seems to fit Ash well and would be his first Pyschic), but will he catch that seems like a different matter to me. As much as I want a Pawniard on his team I am more inclined to believe they will get Krokorok over it, I don't see them having 3 same types on a team at the same time(of course wouldn't be on at the same time due to rotation), but I wouldn't rule it out. Cubchoo I definitely see this as a capture, he hasn't had an Ice Type since Glalie, and it could be a late capture like Gible. Litwick not seeing it since Trip has Lampert I don't see him having a Snivy, Lampert, and Tranquill like Trip. I don't care that Luke has Golett(pending that is his of course) because I don't we will see him all that much, so I could see him getting this if any Ghost type.

Well, this saga is where everything and anything can happen so I can totally see Ash catch a new type he's never really caught before. I really think (OR RATHER HOPE) he should catch Cubchoo which would turn into an epic Beartic.

I like the idea of Ash catching a Rufflet but as for him releasing his Tranquil, I don't know, I just don't see that happening at all. I mean, Tranquil can prove to be a real asset to Ash's team and I don't know if he'd really give him up. But who's to say he doesn't have two bird Pokemon on his team since it's far to say having two of the same types isn't really a problem for Ash (Snivy/Swadloon), it could totally happen.

Pawniard reminds of Ash's Sceptile/Gliscor so I could totally see him being apart of Ash's team and I would love it. It looks so badass! I also think he could catch Audino since I haven't really seen him with a normal type since.....Snorlax? Am I wrong here?

The one i'm really hoping for is Krokork since it's probably becoming my favourite Pokemon because of its attitude and I can totally see it fitting into Ash's team.
    Rufflet would be nice to see for his team and promotional purposes. Audino ewww seems more Cilan like to me. :1: hi.

Err not sure if this really means anything?

1)Oshawott - Water
    2)Palpitoad - Water/Ground
    1)Snivy - Grass
    2)Swadloon - Grass/Bug
    1)Tepig - Fire
    2)???? - Fire/????

Tranquill - Flying
    Scraggy - Dark/Fighting
    Roggenrola - Rock

Now Either Ash will catch a Golett or Sunglasses Krokorok.
    Noticed that as well. I got a feeling and I don't know why but Heatmor, we don't have to worry about an evolution with it since it doesn't evolve and he can easily catch this later on and have it be a strong pokey.

I'd say Krokorok and Reuniclus, definitely. Reuniclus just seems to fit with Ash's personality, y'know? Golett would be pretty cool. And wow...That pseudo-pattern is rather interesting...I dunno about Litwick, since Trip has a Lampent already, and I don't want too many parallels drawn between the two. However, I could see him with a disobedient Larvesta or an overeager Simisear or Damanitan.
    Should have caught that wild Simisear earlier xD. I would like to see Larvesta cause eventually giving him Volcarona would be pretty badass.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I didn't pay attention to that. It is possible for him to get another Fire/??? type. Maybe Litwick like I suggested sense he has really never had a ghost type other then Huanter,but he only had it for 2 episodes or so.

If they copy the idea of Ash realseing Butterfree which was his first pokemon he ever caught. He may let go of Tranquill. But like you said,Tranquill is pretty strong. I really hope he does catch a Rufflet though. That's like the only pokemon that really tells you Unova is based in "America" other then Victini and a few others. For some odd reason,I can see him catching another bug. Not sure why though.
    There is no way in the world he is going to let Tranquill go since that is his main bird pokemon,tranquill will be staying with Ash for a very long time.

I can see him catching Bouffalant and a Golett and maybe even a Garbodor.I would like to see that happen.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • There is no way in the world he is going to let Tranquill go since that is his main bird pokemon,tranquill will be staying with Ash for a very long time.

I can see him catching Bouffalant and a Golett and maybe even a Garbodor.I would like to see that happen.
    Pidgeot would like to have a word with you. Even though it was after the main Kanto saga he was still released none the less. Nothing is impossible, if they writers want to feature another bird and use the scenario were goes of with Trips bird that is perfectly plausible just not very probable. And Garbodor... please kill me now.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Pidgeot would like to have a word with you. Even though it was after the main Kanto saga he was still released none the less. Nothing is impossible, if they writers want to feature another bird and use the scenario were goes of with Trips bird that is perfectly plausible just not very probable. And Garbodor... please kill me now.
    Yeah there is nothing stopping the writers from using the old Pidgeot scenario again.I thought of the idea of Ash having a Garbodor seems like a good pokemon for him,there's Bouffalant another pokemon that seems to fit Ash perfectly.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Hmmmm.....
    Krokorok- he is always following Ash and crew. One of these days (I hope) Ash asks it to join him
    Clubchoo- It's so cute and Ash only has one Ice type Pokemon (Glalie) so adding this Pokemon will even it out

Litwick- (I wish I can say Yamask but James has one already BOOO!) he needs a Ghost type Pokemon

:t354:TG

qw13

Please do not read this text.
    Years
  • Misty was scared of Ash's Caterpie and Ash caught it. And now they are trying to copy previous series. So, i think Ash will catch a Vanilluxe or another ice type because of Iris being scared of Ice-types. Also, Ash never got a Steel Pokemon so maybe a Pawniard.

Years
  • Honestly I think Ash will catch Sandile. I mean like you guys said it's been following him ever since Ash helped save all those little pokemon. So it has respect for Ash. Other than that? I honestly want him to have a Reuniclus. I can kind of see that happening same with Bouffalant since it reminds me of the good old days haha

terminoob

Waffles.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    If he keeps up the totally unnecessary doubling up on types, I can see him getting a Heatmor if Tepig evolves. Even though it brings nothing new to the table at all, Pignite would give Ash a second typing like Swadloon and Palpitoad did, so I... guess it'd make sense. I'd say Litwick, but Trip already has that small ghosty lamp, and I really don't want to see Ash and Trip share a Pokemon line... again...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah that is true. I don't want to see Ash and Trip have same pokemon eather. They already have 2 of the same pokemon. (Snivy and Servine being 1 of those.)

Back