• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Part Of Pokemon Attracts You?

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    This is my first thread in forever... :bandit:

Anyway, what part of Pokemon do you like most? What makes it better than Digi-something or Yu-Guidontknow? :\

I think its the style that allows us to have so much control. I can capture this Pokemon instead of this one, changing how easy each gym is for us.

What do YOU think?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    To me Pokemon is attractive because of the imagination used in each individual character and each of their abilities. It would take a lot of time and imagination to create so many different creatures. The games are probably my favorite part of Pokemon. They're fun and creative - I especially like how you level each individual character up instead of leveling yourself up (like most games do). It really stands out in front of most of the games that I have played. I also like how the video games teach us to keep trying and never give up in what you feel like doing. For example when you battle a Gym Leader you aren't always going to battle and beat him / her the first time. Instead, you train and train continuously to aim to beat a certain trainer.

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
    The thing I like about pokemon...where to begin? I guess what mostly attracts me to pokemon is the strategy and the fact that it's so fun. For me it's an obssession that I can't get out of my blood. Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh! just can't compete.

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
    Years
    What I like most of Pokemon is the number of different options while choosing Pokemon you have and the great battle system. Of course not all Pokemon are competitive, but there's a very good number of good ones, and now with the online availability, it just gets better and better.

Last edited:

skyterra

In Olivine city
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    What Part Of Pokemon Attracts You?

Also, the way you can customize just about anything within your team and you can get so many different Pokemon.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    The bond you share with your team as they grow...yeah, they're just data, but sometimes when you finally kick the E4's butt, you can't help but wish you were really a team.

That, and I have always been a sucker for cool creatures with magic power.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    The battling style, catching pokemon, face tough trainers and gym leaders are the ones that attract to me the most. :)

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I like Pokemon because of the cuteness of the Pokemon, their strategic attacks and the bond between you and Pokemon. It will also test your patience.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I guess I just love the world itself - the creatures, the people, the fact that it can be interpereted in so many different ways. You've got everything from cute and fluffy cuddlies who help each other to some pretty frickin' evil people, and everything in between. There's something that'll appeal to everyone. There's all sorts of creative takes you can put on this one idea of a world where people and monsters are friends, and I think that's pretty awesome.

I do love Digimon too, though.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    I like the mythos more then other series's. Plus the fact that pokemon are actual animals compared to digimon where they are anthropomorphic animals. Which I like as well but not as much as pokemon.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    The choice. It's incredible how you can get any pokemon and train it up to be good with multiple combinations of moves (at least in game; you have to be more selective if battling competitively). Also, I like turn-based games, which is a huge bonus.

Years
    I like the fact that you have control over your party the time you dothings and everything yes you have to do things in a certain order but still i think it is manily the individuality about it. like in the begging you get to pick either fire water or grass LIke if you pick fire your more of a hothead like me if you pick water you aggresive but you like to relax and enjoy yourself and if you pick grass your very relaxed and your more in it for the adventure or you can evan pick it for the strongest or evan the preetest so i mainly like it cause it is very individual

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    When I first started watching it, it was just another cartoon to me (didn't know what anime was when I was like 5 >>) but as I got into it more and more, the most significant thing about it that I realised I liked, was just the concept of travelling the world with a bunch of friends having adventures. Sure, competing in tournaments and against Gym Leaders would be high priority, but I think I'd just be happy hanging out with my friends and not having to worry about school or work. That would be ideal. C:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It seems more normal and believeable than the Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh that you've mentioned there.
    That aside, it's the one I saw first, and it's around more — more popular, more accessable and whatnot. I think the only thing that makes it better in my books is that I've always been much more familiar with it.

Tallulah

Paistinpannu!
    Years
    I like making teams and using them for a bit then making another one hehe. I've got about 3 teams and I'm making a 4th. That's the bit I like best, the strategy bit.

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    What I find attractive about it...

Well, in the games its awesome that you have so many Pokes to choose from. Sometimes you can tell what a person is like depending on the Pokemon they choose (like if they choose cute Pokemon, or strong ones or cool looking ones.). Also making movesets, and thinking of teams is kinda fun.

I think there are other reasons, but I can't think of them at the moment... I'm kinda sleepy -_-

Back