• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What People do in Forums that You Hate

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    What I really can't stand is when someone signs up for a forum just to spam it and make it look bad. They don't care if they get banned from the forum, they don't even like the forum they only joined to spam it, then after they're banned they'll just go to some other forum and just spam it. I really can't stand those types of people in a forum.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    People who are unreasonably mean. Like, some newbie will make a slightly silly remark like 'don't you think ash would look good with green hair' and then somebody else will completely rip into them. They'll always be careful to stay just on the right side of the rules, while still being an arrogant *bleep*.

Years
    I hate yo nubz that make stupid pointless threads that end up getting locked and waste space and time, they post stupid questions and adverts, why the hell do they?

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    People who post stuff when they have no idea what they're talking about or don't read other posts carefully, i.e. in debates and stuff. And people who nitpick over ridiculous stuff.

Heartless33

Master Cloner
    Years
    I hate yo nubz that make stupid pointless threads that end up getting locked and waste space and time, they post stupid questions and adverts, why the hell do they?

Well there still new and not used to this kind of site.
    I hate it when someone tries to be nice or trying to help the site or other people and someone comes along and starts making a fight about it thats like trying to tell a nice little old granny that wants help to cross the street and you just throw it in there face. (thats messed up believe it or not)

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    People who think that just because they have a paragraph of words and a good vocabulary they're the smartest people on the internet. Especially when they have no clue on what's going on and they're just in there to sound important. It urks me a lot.

Japanophiles on forums also irritate me a lot D: ^___^ =^.^= and ^0^ should only be used in moderation scarcity. "Kawaii" and "baka" should never be used at all.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hate when people act really childish and say stupid words like poop and stuff as if they are funny. I also get annoyed when someone calls someone else a noob. That is just an extremely unattractive word to here. Very Nerdy!

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    People who think that just because they have a paragraph of words and a good vocabulary they're the smartest people on the internet. Especially when they have no clue on what's going on and they're just in there to sound important. It urks me a lot.

Japanophiles on forums also irritate me a lot D: ^___^ =^.^= and ^0^ should only be used in moderation scarcity. "Kawaii" and "baka" should never be used at all.
    Oh my god, you took the words wright out of my moth.

When people are cruel to newer members and ignore them.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I don't mind people who are totally shredders. That's just the way they are, and if you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen, is my philosophy. It's not like they always mean it, and some of them are actually really nice if you get to know them. xD;

But what really really bugs me is when someone won't listen. "No" isn't enough. You have to say, "NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO" before they finally get the idea drilled halfway through their head. Halfway. It's like, seriously. Get out of my face.

And then there are the people who don't take a hint. <_< I mean seriously. If I'm nice to everyone, but I'm a total jerk to you, does that tell you anything? Hmm? Anything at all? I probably have a reason why I hate your guts, and for that very reason, do me a favor and keep outta my life, yeah? Jeez, those kind of people really make me want to punch someone. xD;

Quanghuy

Loving digital art &lt;3
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010

I feel somewhat bad now about how much I type. o.o I also type in Japanese too XD, though when I do it, it's in full sentences, not just one Japanese word in the middle of a English paragraph, and I usually only do it on Mangahelpers in the Japanese sub forum. Though granted I do have a little ego, but everyone does about something...or I hope so, or else I would be alone in the subject and I would just seem like a giant arse. Let's see, I would have to say flaming spammers? Those who just spam over and over even after being told not to, then they insult the person who tried to inform them that what they were doing was against the rules.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I hate people like myself, who over use commas, overuse smilies, type in a small font, and believe that vocabulary and sarcasm will get them places. :/

I dislike people who suck up to authority. A lot. For example, people who will only quote a staff member or always agree with them bother me. Although a staff member usually has a valid point for many topics, some members don't bother to read another member's, but go straight to the moderator instead to quote them on it or rep them. I used to do it as a new member on my first joined forum and I hate myself for it. D:

Quanghuy

Loving digital art &lt;3
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I hate people like myself, who over use commas, overuse smilies, type in a small font, and believe that vocabulary and sarcasm will get them places. :/

I dislike people who suck up to authority. A lot. For example, people who will only quote a staff member or always agree with them bother me. Although a staff member usually has a valid point for many topics, some members don't bother to read another member's, but go straight to the moderator instead to quote them on it or rep them. I used to do it as a new member on my first joined forum and I hate myself for it. D:

My previous post fit that criteria almost exactly, but that person wasn't a staff member. Dx

EDIT: OH crud she was a staff member, o.o, I hate strange irony.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't particularly hate anyone but there are a few that bug me.

When a newbie suggests something they get 'flamed' by the veterans who tend to be really arrogant. It's not a big deal now but it was a pain then.

When someone joins just to troll. While I do find it humerous, I also find annoying.
    They just find a forum, join it, and troll 'till they get banned.

Then there's those that overuse "Kawaii" and "baka". Not a big deal, but it does get slightly annoying when used too much.

Aside from the three listed, there is not really any type of person I particularly dislike.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I hate people who go on forums and start offensive or annoying topics and when people call them out on it, they start acting like they're the victim.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I have zero tolerance for those people who have zero tolerance for noobs. I have zero tolerance for trolls. I like to see them banned.
    I've always believed that If you want attention, go make friends, not trouble.

As for 'Japanophiles' I see no reason to bash or flame them. There are far more annoying folks online than them, and the way they communicate merely expresses that they are very interested in anime and the Japanese language (Seriously it's common as ever so get used to it) Even I enjoy a good anime.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    ...I can't stand people who download a cracked version of RMXP followed by poccil's starter kit. If that ain't enough, they add in a few poor sprites and write a couple-line story and call it a fangame...pa-the-tic. Say it with me! Pa-the-tic...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I hate it when people dont take the time to read something and they post before reading.Then I have to said did you read the post apparently not.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Several things.

The first is random personal attacks or whatever you want to call them where people don't really KNOW each other lol. I mean it's one thing to think of somebody negatively, but calling somebody out on it when you really don't know what you're talking about and ripping them to shreds in front of everybody...bothers me a lot.

Then there's (for this forum specifically) people who think that their reputation level matters, especially when people repwhore and go "hey give me positive rep blah blah blah" and "I'll post in your thread in exchange for positive rep woo hoo!!!!" It doesn't even matter and reputation =/= how good a member you are. Rep is kind of like post count; it's kinda cool if it's high (I guess...=/) but it doesn't matter.

Number one is irrationality and it isn't even close. Being from S&M I know that it is ridiculous since it's essentially a debate every time you say something (or it can be, at least...whatever lol). But seriously, making of use of evidence and facts around you isn't that hard and it drives me nuts when people just babble on (usually "knowing" they're right lol) with nothing backing up their claim and dodging questions to make their side look better. But that's life.

Also whoever said not being able to take a hint...I'm right there with you. People don't seem to get that when I'm using "FUNNIE" I'm not asking for a cute little "I agree!" response. People cannot take hints...ever.

I mean despite that not much really bugs me about the forums. Some of the exclusive cliques are annoying, but whatever, it's the internet. Things could be worse.

Reactions:
    Back