• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] What Pokémon do you think should have gotten Hisuian forms/evolutions?

Years
  • Quite a few underwhelming Pokémon got Hisuian forms (such as Hisuian Voltorb and Electrode), Hisuian form evolutions (such as Petilil evolving Hisuian Lilligant), or just a new evolution overall (such as Kleavor).

Are there any Pokémon in the Hisui Dex you think could have used a Hisuian form/evolution?

Lost_

Traveler
    Years
  • I agree with you, some Hisuian forms where really a disappointment overall, but some where really good, like Zoroark and Zorua.

When In the trailers I saw hisuian growlithe for the first time, I immediately thought that Vulpix and Ninetales would be perfect for a kitsune-based form, with a crimson red and white palette, but then Zorua and Zoroark came out and I was more than satisfied! There are other pokémon that would be perfect with an Hisuian form, but they aren't in the dex, sadly. Something like a Phantump-Trevenant with sakura flowers on It would be perfect, but maybe It would be too similar to the Deltas Phantump/Trevenant of Pokémon Insurgence. I would have also found cool a new form for the dratini line, where the evolution of Dragonair remains a Snake and It's a new evolution, like with Kleavor or Ursaluna.

Years
    • Seen today
    In the Hisui dex, most of the non-Sinnoh related lines have regional forms already. I think Octillery and Parasect would have been good candidates for that.

Outside Hisui dex, they should have included at least some more Gen 7 Pokémon (makes no sense to only have the Rowlet line and nothing else), which could have received regional forms.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I was rather disappointed that Pokémon like Chimecho, Kricketune, and Chatot didn't get evolutions in this game. It would've felt perfect to revisit some Pokémon already native to Sinnoh (that aren't Sneasel; strange that it was the only one with a regional form/evolution). Glameow and Purugly not receiving Hisuian forms is also weird to me, because they look a bit too domestic to be native to the coastline. I've also heard disappointment from people wishing Porygon got a regional form and evolved into something called "Porygami."

The Sentret line could've made for interesting Hisuian forms too, especially considering that Sentret is still somehow the only Pokémon based on a tanuki so far, and some Pokémon from Generation III could've used some revisiting as well. I've already mentioned Chimecho, and maybe I'm erring too much on the side of Japanese culture, but I could see Pokémon like the Lotad, Seedot, and Makuhita lines having some Hisuian forms/evolutions.

Years
  • A more feral looking Shinx and Glameow line would've been amazing.

It also would've been the perfect opportunity to give Kricketune a new evo since the thing is so dang weak =\

Also maybe Chatot and the Floatzel line, both are too easily forgotten imo.

Years
  • I am actually pretty happy with the chosen Pokémon. I would have preferred more, but in general I was pretty happy to see a new form of Goodra, Lilligant and even Arcanine. Like, it's a bunch of Pokémon I wouldn't have expected at all.

I am really against having given Sinnoh Pokémon new forms. I know the game is about Sinnoh, but, on the other hand, Hisui is still Sinnoh, so the concept of regional form wouldn't work.

Years
    • Seen today
    Donphan - It's been left in the dust ever since Gen 3. Besides, Ursaring did get an evolution.

Jynx - This game would've been a good chance for it to get an evolution, maybe even a less controversial Hisuian form.

Banette - If Dusclops can get an evolution, why not Banette?

Parasect - It has pitifully low base stats. By giving it an evolution, they could've expanded on its zombie characteristics.

Fomantis and Lurantis - I'd like to see these guys get Bug/Ice forms with high Attack and Speed.

Years
    • Seen today
    I am really against having given Sinnoh Pokémon new forms. I know the game is about Sinnoh, but, on the other hand, Hisui is still Sinnoh, so the concept of regional form wouldn't work.

Yeah, that seems to be their reasoning for giving regional forms to Pokémon that used to live in "Sinnoh" back then, but for whatever reason eventually migrated and can't be found anymore in the modern era. I guess that's also why they created Sneasler instead of simply making a Hisuian Weavile.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • For me, it would have made more sense to see Hisuian variants for the Glameow, Croagunk, Kricketot, Snover, or Finneon lines. Any of the Pokemon from the original Sinnoh games honestly.

Glameow could have a more feral/lean evolution instead of the chubby evolution we have today. Croagunk's poison had early medicinal uses, so maybe an ancient species line was over-used to the point of extinction? I am not sure why they picked Lilligant, Zoroark, Braviary, and Avalugg of all things. Maybe these versions went extinct while their counterparts in Unova/Kalos flourished.

Paras and Parasect were so menacing in PLA I am surprised they didn't have an evolution.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    i feel like skarmory could have a pretty solid hisuian form, probably something like dragon/steel.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Given the results of selective breeding irl I think any of the Pokémon inspired by farm animals / pets would be viable for regional / temporal forms:
    - Buneary / Loppuny (the ears rather than cuteness are for battling, but perhaps they had more fur?)
    - Perhaps Bunnelby and Diggersby were present, but Sinnoh natives' preference for the Buneary and Lopunny helped them out-compete the other bunnies?
    - Glameow / Purugly have previously been mentioned and I agree - Glameow more muscular, Purugly less chubby (or more, because of the climate).
    - Miltank could have a new form that is imported into the region, with smaller udders, whilst a regional variant of Dubwool would make sense (as would its disappearance given wool has very little value in the modern world, but was vitally important 150 years ago)

Also HIppopotas / Hippowdon could join the legions of Water/Ground-types as they're only beginning to acclimatise to sand. The Spheal line could be larger and more powerful, as Cursola's existence shows that the Pokéarth is warming too. Octillery really needs one, there are many types of octopus and squid - all terrifying - but this world only has one? Seems unlikely.

Back