• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokémon NEEDS a mega evolution?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    If you can make new mega evolutions..

If you can help Game Freak make new Mega Evolutions, which Pokemons would you give Mega Evolution? And what kind of Typing, Base Stats, and Ability would you give them?

For me, I would help them make Mega Typhlosion.
    Spoiler:

Years
    If you can help Game Freak make new Mega Evolutions, which Pokemons would you give Mega Evolution? And what kind of Typing, Base Stats, and Ability would you give them?

For me, I would help them make Mega Typhlosion.
    Spoiler:

Hiya!! Giving you a heads up that I've merged your thread with an already existing thread asking the same thing n.n

Although this is unlikely to ever happen, Mega Evos of the Sinnoh starters would be something interesting to see, if only just to see what the designs would be like. :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Here's my take on Mega Rhyperior.

Type: Ground/Steel
    Ability: Filter
    Base Stats:
    -HP: 115
    -Attack: 160 (+20)
    -Defense: 150 (+20)
    -Sp. Atk: 70 (+15)
    -Sp. Def: 100 (+45)
    -Speed: 40

The idea of a Mega Rhyperior is to give it the secondary Steel-typing, removing two 4x weaknesses to some Water and Grass-type moves and Pokémon in OU, such as Tangrowth, Kartana, Greninja and Toxapex. Being weak to Fire and easy to cripple by burn can be a pain, but at least it no longer has to worry about Toxic damage.

Recovery would still be an issue unless given the go-ahead to learn Slack Off, but the ability to survive hits better can be a huge benefit.

Probably UU at most, but that's where many popular OU Pokémon in the past make their home nowadays because of power creep.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    Mega Ideas to Complete the Quartet

I know its too late for new megas but i want to share my ideas :)

Mega Golem
    Type: Rock
    Ability: Compact Rock
    - When using self-sacrifice moves, the Pokemon returns to its regular
    form

Stats:
    HP - 80
    Attack - 180
    Defense - 200
    Special Attack - 30
    Special Defense - 80
    Speed - 30

Total: 600

Mega Machamp
    Type: Fighting
    Ability: Quad Fists
    - All moves get 25% of their power and always hits 4 times
    (Does not affect built in 2-5 times hit moves)

Stats:
    HP - 70
    Attack - 250
    Defense - 80
    Special Attack - 50
    Special Defense - 70
    Speed - 70

Total:600

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Ultra Beasts. Smogon would kill for that I bet.

Just kidding, god no, overpowered power creep pokemon like the ugly Ultra Beasts need nothing except to be retconed out of existence.

Now a pokemon that really deserves a Mega is Ledian and Ariados. Since Beedrill got one, I hoped for those two to get upgrades, but all Ariados got come gen 7 was a crappy Toxic Thread move and Ledian ate the dust as always while a dozen kanto dudes got fancy new forms.

oohjh very interesting thread and points. I think.... Dunsparce needs an evolution. I mean, just look at it. Just, no. Ok? Come on game freak, your better than that! I don't think that pinsir+gyarados should be mega's. Just something doesn't feel right. And legendaries should absolutely not be megas. Is there a mega yveltal though? I'm not even gonna lie that would be pretty epic! I think that maybe all the eeveelutions should he megas? D

Dissing Dunsparce isn't cool. The thing needs some stat buffs or a mega, could potentially be a paraflinching monster. An evolution is unneccessary.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Empoleon

The sword wielding otter was my favorite Pokemon, until I went back & played Platinum.

I was shocked they skipped so many gen 1 & 2 Pokemon, since those may have been the most popular generations.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
    Crobat.

It has some great stats, but it is unloved due in part to its terrible move-pool. I would love to see it with a mega.

Maybe another set of wings? ;)

Years
    Butterfree... its counterpart in Beedrill got one, so Butterfree really should've gotten one

Stantler could use one. I might be the only person on the planet who likes it and doesn't think it's ugly, but a stat boost via mega evolution would be cool to see (maybe turn it to ice type to play the "reindeer" element?)

Sawsbuck could get something that isn't necessarily a mega, but maybe a four seasons form with boosted stats

Lastly, mega evolution started in Kalos, so why aren't there any of Kalos Pokemon (excluding Diancie)? I think those starters would be a perfect trio to give them to.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I hate mega evolution, but Butterfree. Change it to Bug/Psychic when it mega evolves, and buff its special stats. It'll make the Pokemon more usable, tbh.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Butterfree... its counterpart in Beedrill got one, so Butterfree really should've gotten one

Stantler could use one. I might be the only person on the planet who likes it and doesn't think it's ugly, but a stat boost via mega evolution would be cool to see (maybe turn it to ice type to play the "reindeer" element?)

Sawsbuck could get something that isn't necessarily a mega, but maybe a four seasons form with boosted stats

Lastly, mega evolution started in Kalos, so why aren't there any of Kalos Pokemon (excluding Diancie)? I think those starters would be a perfect trio to give them to.

I like Stantler.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
    Definitely agree with that Sawsbuck mega or some new form.

Rapidash and Dewgong could be interesting ones to get megas. Definitely think Jynx deserves some form of mega though or at least a third stage like magmar or electabuzz.

I'd also be behind Mandibuzz and Braviary getting megas.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2019
    There are tons of Pokemon that could use Mega Evolutions. If more Megas were to be introduced, I think they should be distributed to Pokemon that need the buff, rather than species that are already fairly strong and popular (think Mega Mawile as opposed to Mewtwo's two Mega forms).

Here are some Pokemon that I would be in favor of getting Mega Evolutions that haven't been mentioned here yet:

-Slowking and Froslass. I know several posters have mentioned that Butterfree could use a Mega, as its counterpart, Beedrill, has one. Using that train of thought, since we already have Megas for Slowbro and Glalie, I think that their evolutionary relatives should have them. Besides, how can you say no to Mega Froslass?
    -Fearow. This one is also along the lines of above, since Pidgeot has a Mega. Plus, like Froslass, I think there is tons of design potential for Mega Fearow, even if it isn't as obvious at first.
    -Scolipede. In addition to needing more bulk, a potential Mega Scolipede has a similar cool factor as a Mega Froslass would. As long as it keeps Speed Boost, it wouldn't even too many changes.

Years
    Hydreigon. Yes, I want another pseudo-legendary to get a Mega Eeveelution, problem with that? :> It's my fav mon and would love to use a Mega Evo of it in the battle.

I also want to see Xatu, Krookodile, Scolipede, Gliscor and Ledian to get Mega Evos.

Last edited:
    Back