• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What pokeball you use to capture Mewtwo!

Years
  • I needed to use like, 10 dusk balls. I was glad that he wasn't too easy to catch though. Also, dusk balls are pretty cool looking.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Took me over ten tries, but I put that sucker in a Premier Ball. Just like I did with Zygarde. Premier Balls just look so cool!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I caught him on my second dusk ball after one Thunder Bolt from my Xerneas (which put him at about 2/3 HP.) Tried a timer ball on first turn since that worked on Xerneas, but he got out after three shakes. (#`д´)ノ

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I caught him in an ultra ball. I was trying my luck with pokeballs at first but it just became a pain after a while.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Usually I would have used a Masterball, but I decided to try with a Pokeball and got him!

Years
  • I tried a quick ball, then a good amount of ultra balls (I went from 40 to 20), then I tried a lot of timer balls, and finally caught it with a dusk ball.

Years
  • I still remember the first time I caught a Mewtwo in FireRed back in 2004!!! I used like 40 ultra balls back then.

Now, I caught him with easily. It only took me a couple of dusk balls. Thank God he didn't use Recover!!

I am not that nostalgic but I almost cried when I listened to the music!!!It brought back memories!!!

ClayCrab

Sassy jackass
    Years
  • I just straight up used the Master Ball. I was not going to deal with a powerful Pokemon wrecking me at all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    Am i seriously like the only one to use regular pokeballs on legendaries?
    pffff of course i am because i'm Swag Ketchum

Years
  • hmm I have 3 mewtwo's, so I don't remember the poke balls, but one of them definitely was with Timer ball :). it gave me a hard time to catch it, but Zygarde was much harder to catch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2014
    MASTER BALL! Only really cause the look of the ball suits him. I've also caught him with a Dusk Ball in previous games cause that looks badass too.

Back