• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon anime really need ???

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Is Misty the only reason people watched Pokemon at all, or is there something seriously wrong with me for hating her agressive tenancies/karma-houdini and not wanting her back?

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
well it's quite obvious that pokemon is meant for kids in the first place...and I'm pretty sure they're not looking to appeal to the older viewers who grew up with Misty/May and Max. Dawn was my personal favorite by the way, I never really even cared for Misty.

I think the claim I think above because I'm pretty sure most of have seen Origins. People liked Origins and why? Because it appealed to the more older viewers. I mean when Giovanni's Rhyhorn literally rammed it's horn INSIDE of Red's Victreebel's, it was quite a difference from what you'd have probably seen in the anime. So really...

I wonder, if you asked a 7 or 8 year old about Pokemon, what would they say? Pokemon X and Y is doing pretty good in my opinion, but even then, the answers you're going to hear from that 7 or 8 year old will be different from that 16/17 year old who probably shouldn't even be watching Pokemon anymore (not saying that liking pokemon a high school age is bad, but you know).

Years
I put this here.
1. To stop the repetition. I think everyone is sick of Ash being an immature kid who goes to a new region EACH time with bringing NO members of his old teams, EXCEPT Pikachu. Ash, honey, you could do so much better if you bring members like Charizard in your party.
2. To get rid of Team Rocket or make them better. Okay, I love Team Rocket, but that was back in Gen 1. Dear Jessie and James, get married and leave some job of crime that you obviously are not good at. Or, get better Pokemon and better ideas when it comes to kidnapping Pokemon. Also, get better disguises. And drop the motto. It was funny in Gen 1, but now, stealth would be soooo much better.
3. Get Ash to be older. Ash, there is no way someone can stay ten from 1997-2014. You should be 27 by now at least and hopefully achieved your dream.
4. Give Ash a Legendary and a girlfriend. Ash, you met like all the Legendaries more than once. How hard it it to throw a ball at one and catch it? Some would have been willing to join you, like Latias and maybe Mew. Or even Mewtwo. And you need a girlfriend. You have five girls trailing after you. Pick one.

These are it for now.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
Years
Pokemon really needs a storyline and character development. I swear 95% of this show is filler. If Yu-Gi-Oh could do it Pokemon can.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I agree with humor part; the anime was definitely more humorous before Black and White series began, because back then, Team Rocket weren't serious. Now that they are, there's not really much funny stuff going on aside from occasional stints that Ash and his companion do. If possible, they also need to make past characters make more appearances, such as May, Brock, Misty, Norman, Lance, etc. Another thing I'd like to see is have Ash finally defeat Pokémon league. He doesn't have to be champion, though. If he'd like to continue his journey, he could always hand-over his position to someone else. Not exactly sure if this is allowed or not, but it might be. :]

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Pokemon need a simple Villainous saga where the fate of the world lies in the final battle between Ash & Main Antagonist .
Furthermore , All Ash's rival & friend work as a team to save the world instate of Ash & sidekick follow some responsible adult (like Looker & Cynthia) to save the world.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
The Pokemon anime needs:

To completely cut back on the funny! Seriously, these writers in Japan are trying way too hard to be American. Just because its a Saturday morning anime in America, does mean it should be given the 70's cornball Wacky Races/It's The Wolf/The Perils of Penelope Pitstop/Hanna-Barbera archive treatment. And just because we're the biggest market, doesn't mean you have to appeal to our outdated flaws as well.

To be honest, Pokemon was never meant to be ha-ha funny, and certainly not goofy. It's a series about cool pocket monsters. No, I'm not saying the series should be dark and serious like Bleach and FMA, it can be light-hearted, but just not infantile to the point where forced running gags and any attempts at being funny just come off as goofy, annoying, and downright stupid.

We all know the Team Rocket trio are not malevolent and have standards, but how entertaining is it for villains to be flanderized into complete goofy butt-monkeys and get humiliated at the end of every episode, and painted as complete monster by an unsympathetic protagonist. What dense and/or sociopathic person would take pure delight in seeing that every week for 10 years.

The good news was that Team Rocket actually became competent in their assignments (and it would made Best Wishes a perfect series, if it wasn't for Iris, Cilan, Ash's blunders in Unova, and the real-life earthquake the threw off the flow of the rest of the series). However, they took that away and made them losers again. The only difference now is a new region, new Pokemon, and now Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie are on the "TR is pure-evil" bandwagon. Black Uniform Team Rocket worked!

And even though the writers have no time to read forum posts, I just hope they're reading this one. It not like they do anything useful of value with their time.

Stylemasterrr

Pokemon Brown
Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
how about a series where the villain is the main char? or a team rocket show? i know that jesse and james were staples of the show but why not make the show all bout an antgonist?

Back