• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    i chose Chimchar, i really liked the look of infernape, and it helped me out a lot during the firt stages of the game.

now i dont really use it much, =/

delongbi

I C U
    Years
    Hello, I'm semi-new. But I started with Turtwig. It was soo cute, plus I always start with grass. Anyway, its final stage has moves that are good against fire, which is a bonus.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    pearl: piplup

diomand: turtwig

3rd game that will probably be realsed: chimchar

Years
    Turtwig... I personally don't really like the starters in D/P. In the other games I'm spoiled for choice but on this one I'm not really keen on the ugly fire monkey (the idea is cool but the design doesn't do it justice) or the tuxedo penguin. Plus, I like trees, so turtwig seems the most fitting choice.

The Beast

Mewtwo's Elite Master
    Years
    Hmm, the poke'mon I started with is Turtwig, I'm a big fan of turtles and the biggest fan of Turtwigs final evolve form Torterra.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    I chose turtwig on diamond (just because i liked the look of it) but on pearl I chose chimchar as i needed something to quickly get rid of bronzong in the E4

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
    well i started with turtwig because first everyone i know started with chimchar or piplup so boring and the game is harder if you chose the tirtwig because in the elite 4 i had to work hard to win and finally torterra is so cute i fell in love with torterra the first time i saw him

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I chose Piplup because he's, well, a penguin. Penguins pwn. Empoleon's Steel/Water typing is unique, even if it does mean he's neutral to Fire and weak against Ground... which does hurt him in competitive play IMO.

Infernape might be the most useful of the three starters in terms of competitive battling, but I just don't like his design:/

Years
    I'm going to choose Chimchar since I got Diamond today. I had Piplup in my ROM so I'm going to try Chimchar. He looks like a good starter.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    I chose Turtwig because when it evolves to Torterra it ressists electric and even ground types.
    It is also good against fire/thunder as being ground type.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    I started my Diamond Version with Chimchar when I first played it and when i started it over. I started my Pearl with Turtwig. Honestly, I would say that Infernape came in handy as the game progressed because of its Speed and Attack. Torterra was difficult to train and often didn't last long in battle. That problem was solved when it learned Synthesis. Torterra also came in handy along with my Electivire from PBR. Empoleon is a good Special Attacker and has decent defenses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back