• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What pokemon did you use your master ball on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
  • I haven't used mine yet, ill use it on the roaming kami trio (I have both versions) like I always do. If its not roaming I can just reset =P

PokemanzAreMahCrack

Official Trainer
    Years
  • Love how Reshiram and Zekrom had a 100% catch rate and people risked their Master ball on it. D: I used a Poke ball for my Reshiram.

But anyway I had a spare Master ball from my old save data (traded it across) and used it for Tornadus. Then got another Master ball from the guy who checks how many trades you've had, which I'm gonna use on Kyurem.
    Lulz, I caught reshiram with a pokeball when it had one hp

Years
  • I haven't used my masterball on anything.. yet.
    I thought about using it on Reshiram/Zekrom until I saw how ridiculously easy they were to catch in even a
    pokéball.
    I'm hoping to not use it on any legendary/shiny
    Pokémon that I come across unless it is necessary.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • In White, I used my Master Ball on Thundurus. I didn't really feel like chasing it.

In Black, I used my Master Ball on Tornadus. Same reason as in White.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    used it on zekrom cause im lazy in actually try to capture it

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I used it on Reshiram, just because I am too lazy to battle... and the fact the I was on left with a half dead Samurott.

Hydreizard

Seasoned Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Nothing yet. The last time I actually used a master ball was in Emerald, and that was because I really wanted Rayquaza. I always catch the legendaries with the good ol' ultra ball.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    On white I used my masterball on Zekrom because I was a noob and didn't realise it would respawn if I killed it. I haven't used my one in Black yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Thundurus, solely so it'd stop annoying me.

I used my master ball in black on Landorus, he was to hard to catch cause he was level 70. But i was able to catch Kyreum with a Ultra ball and he's level 75.... weird
    Level doesn't affect the chance of capture (save for nest and level balls). Each species has a different capture rate. A level 100 Pikachu would be just as easy to catch as a level 1 one; while a Pikachu of any level (catch rate 190) would be easier to catch than an Absol of any level (catch rate 30). Landorus and Kyurem both share a catch rate of 3, by the way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2012
    Thundurus because I just couldn't be bothered wasting Pokeballs on it.
    I caught Zekrom in a Luxury Ball, which I traded for a Reshiram Lv.100 with brilliant stats, Kyurem in a Dusk Ball, Cobalion in a Dusk Ball as well and Virizion in the 2nd POKEBALL I threw.

fullyevolved

Legendary Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2012
    I still have mine also, I feel like the catch rate in these gen V games were higher than in previous generations because for every legendary, I just threw loads of Ultra Balls.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    As part of a master plan for our Black and White section revamp, I'm afraid this thread must come to an end. If you have any memorable captures or any capturing you've done with your master ball and feel the need to share it with us, please do so in our Unova Travel Journal sticky. Thanks! ;)

Closed

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back