• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what pokemon do u use to catch pokemon? (moveset)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    best i could come up with is

Bisharp
    -False Swipe
    -Thunder Wave
    -Thief
    -Double Team

anyone got anything else?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I simply use my Samurott:
    -Surf
    -Blizzard/False Swipe
    -Grass Knot/False Swipe
    -Megahorn/False Swipe
    Any one of Samurott's coverage moves can be dropped for False Swipe on occasion.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Golduck, red health, use soak and net ball works pretty good. But I usually just use Zangoose to false swipe them, most pokemon don't need a status problem to get a one ball catch.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Either my Breloom or my Smeargle. The only thing I need to point out about their movesets is that they both know Spore which has 100% accuracy and puts the Pokemon to sleep.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I just use my good old False Swipin' Scyther. Works a treat. Legendaries are kinda different, though, because my Scyther's not especially strong, and nor is False Swipe. With Legendaries I tend to wing it and maybe hit it with a Sleep Powder from Lilligant.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Meh, most wild pokemon dont need status conditions to be caught. When im catching i use tm false swipe on haxorus, while battling tm earthquake.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I use a Parasect with False Swipe/Spore/Sweet Scent/Leech Life.

I also use a Smeargle with False Swipe/Spore/Recover/Mean Look.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I usually just use a Quick Ball, Repeat Ball, or Nest Ball. It is easy and quick :3

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    I've never actually used a specific pokémon to get the job done, and normaly, I'll just chuck ultra balls 'cause I don't bother with flalse swipe :P

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Parasect says hallo: Spore + False Swipe, baby. 8D

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • My own works for both wild and Legendaries.

Smeargle Lv. 100 @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 Att/252 Def/252 SpDef
    - False Swipe
    - Thunder Wave
    - Spore
    - Flash

It was really hard trained, but it's awesome.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I use my Zwelious:
    - Crunch
    -Dragon Rush
    -Scary Face
    -Body Slam

or I use my Raichu:
    -Thunder Wave
    -Quick Attack
    -Thunder
    -Swagger

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I use my Lv. 100 Sceptile that has traveled from Sapphire > Platinum > HeartGold > White. The only important move I have for it when it comes to catching wild Pokemon is False Swipe.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I use two Pokemon in tandem...

Samurott with False Swipe and Zebstrika (Thunder Wave) or Lilligant (Sleep Powder). I usually inflict the status condition first, then switch to Samurott to False Swipe the target to 1HP, then (if I use Lilligant) switch back to it if the target happens to wake up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2020
    I use Jumpluff to put it to sleep then Leech Seed until safe health and then just hope I catch it!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Depends. For normal wild Pokemon I just use my False Swipe Scyther or Gallade. If we're talking Legendaries - in particular roaming Legendaries - I have a more complex approach.

First of all I'll keep encountering the wild Legendary and False Swiping it with Gallade or Scyther. When it's down to 1HP, I'll send in my Zapdos on the next encounter to Thunder Wave it. It'll then flee; on the last encounter, I'll send in my Crobat to Mean Look it, then ping Ultra, Timer and Dusk balls at the Legendary and usually it's mine within 5 or so balls. It takes a while, but it's a pretty foolproof plan; all the Pokemon I use are Lv.50+ and very quick, so they always get the important hit in before the Legendary has a chance to flee.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not sure why I didn't move this earlier, oh well! I think I was hoping all the replies seemed specific to B/W, but... they aren't.

This can apply to more than just Black and White, so you can state your methods used in each generation within Pokemon Gaming Central.

Moved.

Back