• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you hate battling the most?

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
  • Personally, I hate battling Blissey because it's so hard to make her faint because of her high HP. I also don't like battling any opponent who can make their pokemon have very high evasiveness in a few moves.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • I don't think there is just one that I absolutely hate but I always remember being really annoyed when I get to Whitney's Miltank, I seriously could never get that thing to feint! I've gotten better as I've learned the "art" of actually training well.. but still, the lingering remembrance of failing over and over again has left a bitter taste to her team of two..

Other than that, Dragon type in general can be annoying unless you have a strong enough ice / dragon pokemon yourself.

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
  • I hate most bug types just for the fact that bugs disgust me in general.

To be more specific, I hate Vespiquen because it is so strong. Whenever I got to Aaron's Vespiquen I fainted almost every single time. Dang bug types...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I hate battling Speed freaks like Aerodactyl and Electrode. They usually KO me before I can KO them back if I lack priority.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I hate going up against any Pokemon that learns self-destruct naturally. Every time I get in a battle with a Geodude or something all they do is blow themselves up even at full health and take out one of my Pokemon. I absolutely can't stand when this happens and I wish the AI was better than that.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
  • in wi-fi battling I hate to see blissey and a skarmory but in-game I hated that militank aaagh

Azula

shame and humiliation
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    I really hate fish Pokemon. When I was training my Typhlosion, I always went to the water since the Tentacool's always gave give EP but I seriously hate them.

Years
  • I hate battling Ditto. It's quite the cheap Pokemon and it's main use is to use your Pokemon and its stat boosts against you. I also hate to battle Pokemon with typings that assure they only have
    a small number of Weaknesses. Pokemon like Emolga, Kingdra, Gyarados and Spiritomb are examples of these such Pokemon.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • Pokemons such as Metapod who uses Harden too much, also those pokemons with sleeping powder, confuse ray, and such pisses me off. >:

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I'm guessing it's a wild Geodude? I wouldn't expect a not-so-powerful, common, low-evolutionary-stage Pokémon to really use "strategy"

Well it happens in the wild but trainers that use Pokemon like Koffing(another one I hate to face) tend to do this to me all the time which is why I wished the AI was better. It might just be my bad luck though.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I really hate Blissey, the fat pink *****. Not only does she have an ungodly amount of HP, but there's also softboiled and double team. If there is one pokemon that I could gruesomely torture into insanity, it's this one.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Going to move this to Pokemon Gaming Central as this question can apply to games outside of HGSS, and half the answers are about non-HGSS Pokemon anyway (ignoring stuff like the BF), so!

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Depends on the trainer. Sometimes I'll hate my most beloved Pokemon based on the Trainer that uses them. Like I really hate Karen's Umbreon, or most if not all Blissys.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Anything that can Roar you away. :( I want the exp points, dammit! DON'T SCARE ME AWAY. >:o

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Anything that SPAMS. Status effects I'm like lalala~ train seed bby and Woobat BAM. Evil Seed Bby comes with Sleep Power ;; then there's other things from past games that I cba to list

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • SPIRITOMB. OH, GAWD. WHY DIDN'T CYNTHIA REPLACE SPIRITOMB AND JUST KEPT TOGEKISS IN HER B/W TEAM!? which means I have to fight Spiritomb again on my B/W playthrough. ;;

First of all, No weakness plus immunities. That limits my option um, to 3 OF MY PARTY POKEMON. (As you would know, I usually have 2 or 3 Ghost or Psychic-type Pokemon in my team.)

Second, PRESSURE. I want to beat the crap out of this Pokemon fast, but I can't do that with my most powerful move being only 5PP or 10PP.

Third, it's the STARTING POKEMON. Meaning the Pokemon which I took it down has been drained of health, and PP. DDDD<

It's a good thing that it's only going to be used by only a few trainers, but why does one have to be the champion!?

Voul

S u p p o r t i n g [M e]
    Years
  • Anything that involves Dragons or stall-y pokemon when it comes to battling.
    If I had to pick a pokemon I hate based off looks and design? It would have to either be Nosepass or Jynx...

Back