• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you hope will receive a Mega Evolution?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    What Pokemon do you hope will receive a Mega Evolution?

In regards to competitive battling. What Pokemon do you think would most benefit from having a Mega Evolution (maybe a legendary)? Any idea on how a Mega Evolution would be any more beneficial than a normal one?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Yanmega! Give it some more bulk or some more attacking power and it'll become a real threat. Right now it's an incredible Pokémon that's often worthy of an OU team despite his current tier, but with a bit of a boost he could easily push through possibly even to Ubers. Might be a bit ambitious, but I believe he's good enough haha.

Sirfetch’d

Yanmega! Give it some more bulk or some more attacking power and it'll become a real threat. Right now it's an incredible Pokémon that's often worthy of an OU team despite his current tier, but with a bit of a boost he could easily push through possibly even to Ubers. Might be a bit ambitious, but I believe he's good enough haha.

Yanmega <333 I was thinking him as well. I think some more lower tiered Pokemon need mega evolutions such as Pinsir. Pinsir is a really strong Pokemon that has a great ability, but its below average bulk, speed, and bug typing hold it back. Possible a mega evolution giving it a secondary typing, more bulk, and higher speed would make it a really interesting Pokemon. Some others that come to mind are Roserade(even though it being UU already it just has the look that it could have a cool mega evo), Spiritomb, maybe some fossil Pokemon such as Kabutops and Omastar, Golurk, Heracross, Jynx and many more.

If we are talking legendaries here, I think that the Legendary Beasts would be really cool with a mega evolution. They just have that look in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2016
    I cant be the only person that wants to see a mega dunsparce. Come on, how awesome would that be?

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
    Years
  • I'm really hoping for mega pseudo legends but I'll be happy with whatever Game Freak throws at me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Can't wait to find out what more Pokemon will get Mega Evo, but for now I won't use them, none of the Pokemon I use even have Mega Evos - so I really hope Mienshao or Zangoose get one, really want to try out Mega Evos as well.

Lamp

back
    Years
  • Mega Gyarados!!! I Think he would be a Water/Dragon,have the Ability Moxie,and Have It's Stats Boosted Either a Little or Alot but then He Would DOMINATE OU!!! even Stats Boosted a Little and It would Be Banned like How in D/P Garchomp was Banned and Alot Can Dominate Ubers and Even be a Match to Mewtwo and Arceus!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Mega Marowak. Can you just imagine how awesome it'd look?

Mega Pidgeot and Fearow. These birds deserve much more power.

Let's see here, who could use some improvement... Mega Torkoal could have a larger, more volcano-shaped shell and take some of the bulk of a Galapagos tortois.

Tropius (as long as they're careful, I don't want them ****ing up one of my favorites of all time) could have lush jungle drapery and fruits of all sorts dangling from his neck and bigger wings.

Mega Luxray could take on the appearance of an Egyptian Sphinx and become a partial Dark type. Wouldn't that be great? It should have been Dark in the first place.

Maybe Mega Lunatone and Solrock could have other rocks orbiting them or something, and they desperately need some more power.

Mega Milotic... with more colorful scales covering half her body and more lacy 'eyebrows.'

The list could go on and on :D

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I want low-tier pokemon which cannot (or should not) evolve to receive megas. This is why I was really happy when Ampharos and Kangaskhan got megas. They were both low tier, and had no room for evolution (or shouldn't in the case of the latter, whose appearance is already that of a fully evolved pokemon.) I also want there to be an emphasis on pokemon from earlier generations getting megas, to put them back into the limelight.

Some examples of the type of pokemon I want to receive megas are things like Pidgeot, Poliwrath, Bellossom... all underpowered fully evolved pokemon. Pidgeot could finally live up to its dex entries of flying to speeds of Mach 2 with an ability that allows speed priority on everything. Poliwrath could have an ability that makes Hypnosis 100% accurate. Bellossom could have an ability which prevents locking yourself into Petal Dance, doubles Petal Dance's damage when resisted.

The pokemon I want to receive a mega the most is Cherrim. Am I the only one who finds it very annoying that you have to activate Sunny Day every time, just to see it it in its better-looking appearance? Despite having higher special attack and that both Solarbeam and Weather Ball works well in sun, Flower Gift raises its physical attack. (And before anyone brings up Drought, any tier that allows the ability has no room for Cherrim.)

I want a Mega Stone which automatically switches Cherrim into its Sunny Forme (turns out it was its mega all along! :') ), and which will remedy its ability to be more useful in the sun.

Back