• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you think is the strongest Gen 1 Ledgendary?

• Articuno

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Moltres

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • Mew

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Electricz

Sevipers number one fan
Years

Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew

btw i am going to make up a poll and the strongest gen 1 pokemon will go onto another thread later on with the strongest pokemon of all of the reigons

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
I Could say the Strongest Pokemon is Mew! The Cutest Pokemon Ever~
Hihi *giggles* because it can learn any HM/TM in game.. and in Anime it can use any skills
So it rocks ^_^ Mew Mew Mew >3

-Yasumin >3

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Mewtwo, bar none. Mew has variety but is outclassed by almost every other uber in terms of strength. He's a great support poke, but that's about it.

Ayselipera

that it has the highest stats in the
first generation of pokemon.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Mewtwo was created solely for battling. It is only natural that it is the strongest. Even now, with equally strong pokemon - such as Groudon, Lugia, Ho-oh etc. - Mewtwo is STILL quite the pokemon!

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
In Gen 1 nothing comes close to being as strong as Mewtwo.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
It's definitely Mewtwo. It's stats are enormous. Mew, the only other uber, is very diverse but nothing special in stats. The others are OU -.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
. . . Yeah, I know. . >.> You know the drill! XD​

Spoiler:

And, of course, we cannot just make assumptions based on the stats. Typings and movepools are also a factor that should be taken into consideration:

Spoiler:

Seems like it's a close one between Mew and Mewtwo. Mewtwo, you would think, would have the upper hand, but, really, its highest stat is its Special Attack and it doesn't learn a lot of special moves. The ones it does learn have their damage halved by Mew's type. Mew, on the other hand, learns Nasty Plot, which it can use to power up AncientPower, a move that is of normal effectiveness against Mewtwo. Mewtwo's moves have very little effect on Mew overall, whereas Mew is able to have a normal effective move against Mewtwo. Both of these beings completely wipe-out the Legendary Birds, so, in conclusion, I think Mew would be the winner. See? Stats aren't everything.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
By definition of your poll, Mewtwo wins. It's not an opinion poll but a poll of facts. Moltres and Articuno...suck... but Zapdos is rather good.

Mew is alright, but despite also being in the uber tier, it's nowhere near as strong as Mewtwo, despite the movepool advantage.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
Years
Mewtwo by far.
His stats are simply insane in 1st gen.

Zapdos is pretty decent in terms of special attack and speed too.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Mew is alright, but despite also being in the uber tier, it's nowhere near as strong as Mewtwo, despite the movepool advantage.

Obviously, the movepool advantage is what allows Mew to overpower Mewtwo.​

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Mewtwo is a sick Poémon. If one ever had it as his/her Pokémon, he/she would understand how powerful it is.

Back