• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you think would have been around in prehistoric times?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Besides the fossil pokemon, which pokemon do you think lived in the time of the dinosaurs?

Years
    Depending on how prehistoric you get there wouldn't be any flowering plants so a lot of grass types wouldn't be around.

I would expect to see ones like Torterra and Charmander and other reptilian types. Shellos and Geodude, too, because one is pretty simple in a biological way and the other is a rock and there have always been rocks.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Relicanth and Wailord seem like smart choices because they were necessary to reach the deepest part of the ruins built to honor the Regi- pokemon.

Years
    "Shellfish group" Pokemon. Most ghost Pokemon (Froslass?). Most sea and water environment fish Pokemon and "bug breeding group" Pokemon. Also most Dragons. All legends (mewtwo is not legendary; Mewtwo is a byproduct of science).

Spoiler: Ancient Power is a Pokemon move...

Dunsparce
    Ditto
    Totodile
    Squirtle
    Chikorita
    Charmander
    Treecko
    Ekans
    Seviper
    Hippopotas
    Rhyhorn
    Geodude
    Gible
    Aron
    Nidorans
    Magmar
    Torkoal
    Larvitar
    Turtwig
    Carnivine (assumption based on large fossilized flora similar to pitcher plants and fly traps)

Spoiler: All dinosaurs come from eggs (assumed as fact).
    Spoiler: All Pokemon come from eggs (assumed as fact).
    Spoiler: I want a Ditto egg.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
    I would think most Rock Pokemon definitely because Rocks are....rocks...eh?
    Dragon Pokemon might've come around later i think, like Medieval Times.
    Ghost Pokemon
    Water Pokemon, and Shellfish Pokemon deep in the Sea.
    Bird Pokemon.

Torterra
    Charizard
    and other Large Pokemon, Snorlax even.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Most fossil & Dragon pokemon. Rock types. Many Grass types and especially Tropius. Water types too and Bug types too.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Obviously Mew, Relicanth.

I'm guessing
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Arceus
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Possibly Celebi and Jirachi
    Maybe Cresselia and Darkrai
    Absol
    Mamoswine
    Rock Pokemon

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I held a rock of 3.6 Ga (Giga Annum= 1 billion (sp?) years) in my hands today, so definitally Rock Pokemon like Geodude and co.
    Also Fire/Ground Pokemon that could live in the harsh conditions of extreme Heat.
    During the "Snowball Earth" (considering the Pokémon world had the same history as our planet) there would be an abundance of Ice Pokemon (Swinub, Piloswine and Mammoswine (probably less "evolved", since Mammals came late), Glalie, Snorunt).

During Cretacious, Jura, Trias, Dinosaur-like Pokémon such as Tropius, Torterra, Charizard, Aerodactyl, Gligar... Later small mammals such as Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu...
    When the earth was recovering from the Meteor strike 65Ma (Mega Annum=1 Million years) ago, there would be Pokémon who could live in conditions that don't ask for much light. Diglet, Dugtrio... Sandshrew.
    During the Devonian/Carbon Era, major insects, like Yanma and Yanmega. Since it is the Era of the woods, I might add Sudowoodo as well. x3 Exeggcute/or.

I did have a course about the Origin and Evolution of Life today... 8D Yey for Paleontology.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    Definitely the Legendary Pokemon since they were claimed to be there since the beginning of time.

And Aerodactyl, but I guess that's considered a fossil pokemon. Shellos and Gastrodon look like they could have been around. And Mamoswine looks like a wooly(sp?) mammoth.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Relicanth, it has been proven in the anime.. I think.
    Charmander and its evolved forms, they are dragons after all.

Back