• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you want to see in the Alola Dex?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Maybe some new Pokemon can only evolve with another old Pokemon in your party... Like slowpoke\shelder, mantyke\remoraid, pancham\dark Pokemon.

I am hoping for magma related Pokemon that are not magmar, slugma, torkoal...

I would like to see dragons related to the goddess mythologies I have read for Hawaii

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I like to see all the pseudos. Thus far we've seen Garchomp and the Hoenn ones in trailers, so that's possibly 3/7 if they mean much in terms of hinting at which mons will appear in the dex. Also I'll like to see Flygon.

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
    Oh god. Its just 'Pokémon' for the plural version. Not 'Pokémons'. Sorry that bothered me lol.
    But yes I'm assuming were going to have a lot of sun and moon Pokémon. Presumably these will get megas too.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I thought the Gen II starters should be in the dex as well.
    Uh, why? They've never done that before.

In fact I'm also hoping for more Eeveelutions in Sun and Moon.
    eevee and its evolutions (+a new one)
    I would like an Eeveelution trio in Alola
    I seriously doubt it. For one thing, we've normally only gotten new Eeveelutions on even-numbered generations, and this is Gen 7. Also, there seem to only be Eeveelutions for the types that were Special-types before the Physical Special Split (plus fairy but it probably would have been special). They've never introduced an Eeveelution for a Physical-type, and I doubt they will soon.

Anyways, onto the list. Some of the Pokémon I think will probably be in.
    Oddish & Bellsprout (version exclusives?)
    Tropius
    Weedle (since we've already seen Caterpie)
    Volbeat & Illumise (version exclusives?)
    Clefairy
    Venonat
    Exeggcute
    Carnivine
    Finneon
    Pancham

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Uh, why? They've never done that before.

I seriously doubt it. For one thing, we've normally only gotten new Eeveelutions on even-numbered generations, and this is Gen 7. Also, there seem to only be Eeveelutions for the types that were Special-types before the Physical Special Split (plus fairy but it probably would have been special). They've never introduced an Eeveelution for a Physical-type, and I doubt they will soon.

Anyways, onto the list. Some of the Pokémon I think will probably be in.
    Oddish & Bellsprout (version exclusives?)
    Tropius
    Weedle (since we've already seen Caterpie)
    Volbeat & Illumise (version exclusives?)
    Clefairy
    Venonat
    Exeggcute
    Carnivine
    Finneon
    Pancham

Well they only released 1 Eeveelution last gen and the 2 gens before were duos. I can expect them to go back to a Trio like in Gen 1.

ugtgrime

Lomax
    Years
    As long as:
    Zorua/Zoroark
    Tropius (which would make a lot of sense)
    Staryu/Starmie
    Corphish/Crawdaunt

Make the cut I'll be more than happy

blue

gucci
    Years
    Spoiler:

Roughly translated but hopefully this means Riolu and Klefki are available in Sun & Moon!

Years
    It appears the male protagonist was shown riding on a Stoutland in the new trailer so this must be an indication of the Lillipup line being catchable. Also, quoting Blue's post above I think Riolu could be certain considering how popular Lucario is.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'd like all of them to appear, but there's one thing that I ask for: please don't pull a Gen 6 on us like handing them out to us on a silver platter... especially if that Pokemon is supposed to be "important" like the Lucario we received in XY.

There's something interesting I noticed in one of the videos, the one that showed the protags, Legendaries, and the Rotom-Dex. For the Rotom-Dex, there was in-game dialogue that said it was a "new way for people and Pokemon to communicate". I'm assuming that since your Pokedex contains a Pokemon inside it(Rotom), this might mean we may be actually able to "communicate" with Pokemon. Maybe something similar to Amie?

Years
    Since Zubat and Skarmory appeared in the Salandit trailer, I guess they'll be in the Alola Dex as well. Zubat has appeared in every regional Dex so it's unsurprising to say.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'd like all of them to appear, but there's one thing that I ask for: please don't pull a Gen 6 on us like handing them out to us on a silver platter... especially if that Pokemon is supposed to be "important" like the Lucario we received in XY.

There's something interesting I noticed in one of the videos, the one that showed the protags, Legendaries, and the Rotom-Dex. For the Rotom-Dex, there was in-game dialogue that said it was a "new way for people and Pokemon to communicate". I'm assuming that since your Pokedex contains a Pokemon inside it(Rotom), this might mean we may be actually able to "communicate" with Pokemon. Maybe something similar to Amie?

I didn't really like the way we received Lucario In X&Y. I mean sure if some random person hands you a Lapras then fine, that's cool.....but it's just weird to involve you in some emotional plotline about Lucario wanting to join you and then.....into the PC you go.

It feels like the story is trying to tell you what Pokemon you should be using. :/

Back