• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What pokemon of the 493 do u want to see included in the gen 5 dex

EagleVision1999

Commander
Years
  • Excellent! This will make the new generations very interesting!
    The only sad thing is that I can't take my favourite Pokémon with me from the beginning xD. On the plus side, it means I won't be tempted to trade strong Pokémon early on to use them to back out of battles easily.

Years
  • im glad its gone, its over used, over merchandised,i think its better without pikachu being the only electric type available, i liked pachirisu& will be sad to see it left in the dust like plusle&minun,but im up for new pokemon :)
    How do you know it is not available after getting the National Pokédex? I find it interesting that there will only be Generation V Pokémon in the Regional Pokédex. I hope the Generation V Pokémon are up to the task replacing their traditional counterparts.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I am glad to see a whole new start. It puts to rest the evo/pre-evo BS I had been reading.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I am glad to see a whole new start. It puts to rest the evo/pre-evo BS I had been reading.

Uh, in what way?

It's quite possible to simply make SOME Gen 5 pokemon available after the national dex. They did it in Sinnoh.

And if that fish we saw isn't a Luvdisc evolution, I'll eat my shoes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Uh, in what way?

It's quite possible to simply make SOME Gen 5 pokemon available after the national dex. They did it in Sinnoh.

And if that fish we saw isn't a Luvdisc evolution, I'll eat my shoes.

B/W is a lot like R/S in the whole new Pokedex aspect. The only prevo we saw then was Azurill. The sunfish Pokemon is most likely an evo to Luvdisc, but I don't see obtaining Luvdisc without the National Dex and/or some sort or Sea Incense/Breeding type deal.

Dark Rukario

Lanturn Lover
    Years
  • I like the idea of a fresh start, I always thought the Pokemon world had to be bigger and with this region much further away from the others it makes sense that the Pokemon living there should be more isolated too.

However this does make it look like there's less chance for new evos/pre-evos, since there's no pre-gen 5's in the Isshu dex. Hopefully there'll be a couple in the National Dex, as there were in DPP :)

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • I like the idea of a fresh start, I always thought the Pokemon world had to be bigger and with this region much further away from the others it makes sense that the Pokemon living there should be more isolated too.

However this does make it look like there's less chance for new evos/pre-evos, since there's no pre-gen 5's in the Isshu dex. Hopefully there'll be a couple in the National Dex, as there were in DPP :)

Yeah, I know; you should see some of the evolutions fans made up..
    Like Perpostrous
    and Tentawave

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
  • Is it true none of the original 493 (with possibly the exception of Luvdisc) is in 5th gen cos Isshu is set in USA whereas the first four were set in Japan. It would be weird not to see some Pokemon though like Magikarp, Geodude, Zubat, Abra and Pikachu!!

Anyway to answer the question I think they should at least have Pikachu and Marill's evolution chain and Luvdisc if he is going to evolve. Possibly Eevee with two more eeveelutions!

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Isshu isnt set in USA -.- as far as we know (though it might be, but unlikely)
    I think that any old pokes in b/w are gonna be available only after national dex, since the region should only contain new pokemon

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I am ecstatic about having a whole new Pokédex. I was kind of getting sick of all these "add-on" Pokémon. No longer having new evolutions or new pre-evolutions will breathe life back into the games. Would it be nice to have some more when you get the National Dex? Maybe. Would I be heartbroken if they didn't? Not at all.

PKMN Trainer Silver

PKMN Master
    Years
  • I'm actually a fan of using just Gen 5 until unlocking the National Dex. Make it feel kinda like R/B/G/Y where it's a new start and just that Generation. If they make evolutions for per Gen 5 it'll have to be like the Sinnioh region where they were added an obtainable after the Nation Dex. I approve!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I would like to see the Gen 5 isolated at first, but after you beat the game you can go to an "older" region like in G/S/C/HG/SS.

Good feature was good.

Back