• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon starters can also be snacks

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
Years
  • Let's be honest people probably eat pokemon in that universe so today imma look at which starters are snacks

Gen 1
    charmander Yes you can eat lizards but I wouldn't recommend unless your in the army
    squirtle: no I mean sickos might but others won't
    bulbasaur does anyone even know what this thing is? I'm counting it as lettuce so yes
    Gen 2
    Totodile No I don't think people would eat crocodiles that's kinda dumb
    cyndaquil No It's a porcupine who would eat this?
    Chikerita Lettuce Yes
    Gen 3

Mudkip Anyone want sushi? Yes
    Treecko : No He's probably poisoness
    torchic Anyone want some chicken legs

Gen 4 WHO CARES

gen 5
    Tepig mmmm Bacon yes
    Oshawott No who would eat otters
    Snivy While people do eat snakes im not counting it cuz snivy isn't a snake at first

Gen 6
    fennekin No people don't eat foxes
    chespin No He's a mole thing
    froakie Yes Anyone want some frog legs

Gen 7
    Litten No Would you eat a cat
    rowlet Yes I mean it's not chicken But it probably tastes like one
    popplio No No people don't eat seals But they may taste good?

Gen 8
    Schorbunny yes who doesn't like a good wabbit stew
    grookey No no one eats monkeys I think
    sobble Yes we talked about this with charmander

and so we looked at them all and out of 24 pokemon 10 are snacks

would you eat them say in the comments

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
    Years
  • Literally none of them would be good snacks? What in the actual hell.

this is just a fun thing I thought of because I'm bored while many would be grossed out this is basically just a meme one sorry if you didn't enjoy I will try to stray away from this part of my brain for awhile

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • People do actually eat turtles, alligators (I think crocodiles too), seals, cats, and monkeys. Also, I don't think Treecko is poisonous.

Would I eat a starter? Probably not.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Gen 7
    Litten No Would you eat a cat

would you eat them say in the comments

1.Past me who was an cat hater would say yes, also people eat dogs, and dogs are the most adorable creatures IMHO Also yeah people eat cats in some asian countries
    2.As a vegetarian i wonder what pokemon are in vege hamburgers (since some episodes of pokemon USA dub mentions hamburgers)
    3.Yes, i would eat pikachus, but i bet they're spicy with that eletricity, my Entei likes their meat thought

What in the actual h*ll.

Face it sir, you're not a vegetarian, then again modern people eat teen chicken/cow/lamb, so yeah still threat doesn't scare me

People do actually eat monkeys

It's funny since humans and monkeys are from the same species - primates, so humans eat their cousins? Gross

But i would never eat my dogs, drink their milk from female dogs? Maybe

Scorbunny yes who doesn't like a good wabbit stew

Me, as a vegetarian, i would never eat rabbits

Update

Ah you meant pokemon STARTERS as food, editing my message then

Last edited:

pkmin3033

If they were real animals, then I imagine the only one that might not be edible would be Bulbasaur because it's part Poison type, and even then it'd probably depend on how you cooked it. Most animals have some parts that are edible, and whilst some are definitely less palatable than others, you can still get some sort of sustenance from them. I mean, I personally wouldn't eat fox, or owl, or otter, or penguin, or monkey, or lizard, but that doesn't mean I couldn't.

They probably eat Froakie in Kalos tbh.

pkmin3033

I'm vegetarian and therefore couldn't eat a Pokémon. Not that I would anyways.
    That raises an interesting question - would grass-type Pokemon that are clearly based on plantlife be suitable for vegetarians? Would plant-based Pokemon be considered sentient in the same manner as animal-based Pokemon, or would they be afforded the same sort of status as plants in the real world? Would refusing to eat any Pokemon-based life at all count as being vegan?

I suppose in the case of the starters, all it would mean would be whether it'd be acceptable to eat the leaves/bulbs/flowers of grass-type Pokemon for vegetarians, but still. Interesting thought.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    That raises an interesting question - would grass-type Pokemon that are clearly based on plantlife be suitable for vegetarians? Would plant-based Pokemon be considered sentient in the same manner as animal-based Pokemon, or would they be afforded the same sort of status as plants in the real world? Would refusing to eat any Pokemon-based life at all count as being vegan?

I suppose in the case of the starters, all it would mean would be whether it'd be acceptable to eat the leaves/bulbs/flowers of grass-type Pokemon for vegetarians, but still. Interesting thought.

Well let me ask you this, would you eat a leaf bug as part of a salad?

pkmin3033

Well let me ask you this, would you eat a leaf bug as part of a salad?
    I wouldn't eat a salad, so there's no use asking me that. xD

But Chikorita's line in particular is supposed to have a soothing, pleasant fragrance - it's not so far outside the realm of possibility that it's leaves would taste good.

Back