• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon you would remove from the Pokedex?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • I'd much rather have Pokémon that everyone hates/ dislikes/ doesn't know, like Dunsparce for instance, then have over-rated Pokémon overiding Pokémon.
    But Pikachu is one of the most mentioned Pokémon in this thread. ._.

Me, I'm siding with Ghostie on this one, as long as I have a choice.
    However, if I absolutely had to cause one Pokémon to be extinct, I would say Genesect, not because I hate it (I don't really hate any Pokémon), but because of four important reasons:

1. It's new, so not many people have longheld fond memories with it that they would have to think about.
    2. It's a machine, which I'm afraid to me makes its life less valuable than that of a living thing. (Yes it was once living, but it's already dead, so . . . )
    3. There appears to be only one of them. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
    4. There should always be a cute Pokémon at the end of the Pokédex, like Mew and Celebi. Deoxys and Arceus are also buzzkill in this respect. D:

I refuse to kill. ;-;

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
  • Whoever said dunsparce, I hate you. I would get rid of Pidgey, Zubat, and Ratatta. Yuck. Oh, and Unown.

Years
  • I'd like to remove most of the fourth generation aside from Lucario, Glaceon, Mantyke (who actually have really awesome designs) and maybe a few others. But the worst offenders are Buneary/Lopunny.

And leave Seel/Dewgong, Charizard, Pikachu, and other awesome Pokémon alone! >:-{

FlamingThunder

Years
  • Tornelos, Voltlos, Landlos, Nageki and Dageki

THEY ARE ALL FREAKIN' UGLY...
    What's all the hate with Dunsparce? It has a cool moveset =)

Last edited:

Future_Chaos

Obsessed with Eelektross
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Jynx. Its a short, purple lady, what is there to love? x.x Not to mention Smoochum, the most hideous thing Game Freak could have came up with for a pokemon. >.<

Years
  • Cofagrigus.

It was one of the first Pokemon that stood out to me when I first looked at the B/W Pokedex. The whole concept of finding a sarcophagus and sticking 4 ghost-like hands on it and calling it a Pokemon is what pisses me off! Like, REALLY?

No offense, but it looks like something out of a cheap Scooby-DOo clip xP

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    klinklang family... cause it is unoriginal and it CANNOT learn magnit rise or have ablity leveitate

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Most of Gen V needs to be removed simply cause of fail designs.

The three genie Pokemon in B/W. I just can't get over the fact that there's actually THREE legendary trios in Unova. There's only supposed to be ONE trio of legends per generation, but they just went too far with it in B/W. =/ I don't think it'd make much of a difference if the genies didn't exist (IMO). They don't really have much of a purpose in the games anyways. >.>
    Since you're obviously counting Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem as a trio, Gen III and Gen IV had 2 sets of trios so it's not like there was rule that that each gen had to have only 1 set =P.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I'm going to have to second whoever said Unown. I understand their place in Jhoto, but it seems like we're just kind of stuck with them now.

But in general:
    Ekans/Arbok
    Politoed
    Magby (What's going on with it's head?)

I honestly don't know 5th gen very well yet, so the jury is still out.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Lickitung and Garbodor. GET OUT. Seriously. I don't want you in my team, I don't want you near my other Pokemon, I don't want you to EXIST. Get out of my Pokedex and crawl back in the hole you came from. >=-(

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wouldn't remove any of them, even if I don't like all of them there are others who'd like the ones I dislike. Why would I be selfish and deprive people of a pokemon they love just because I don't like it?

(Just for the record, if I wasn't of that opinion it would probably be Infernape I'd give the boot.)

I am of that opinion though so it doesn't matter.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • All of the ugly ones.

Example:

- The bin bag Pokemon's evolution
    - Cofagrigus
    - Shiftry
    - Magikarp
    - Feebas (I love Milotic, though)
    - Jynx
    - Mijumaru's final evolution
    - Pokabu's final evolution
    - Kibago's evolutions

.... I dunno, there's a hell lot more.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I have a real vendetta against Drowzee and Hypno. They're slow, ugly-looking, bulky and just not very good. They also kept putting me to sleep when I was trying to train up my Pokemon in Blue version... so there's the personal element as well!

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Mine would have to be Dalkenki, it doesn't exist in my eyes anyway.

So to me there are 648 Pokemon

Agreed. I didn't evolve mine, and I don't plan to, either. Futachimaru>>>>>>>>>Daikenki.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I would get rid of those derpy Pikachu clones from Generation II onwards. This includes Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and Emolga. They're all the same (except Emolga, because ooohhhh boy he can fly :<) and they're just novelty Pokémon to me that are completely useless in battle. Really, they're only good for filling up the Pokédex, but nothing else. I'd remove them from the Pokédex so I'd never have a reason to catch 'em. Ever.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • I would get rid of those derpy Pikachu clones from Generation II onwards. This includes Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and Emolga. They're all the same (except Emolga, because ooohhhh boy he can fly :<) and they're just novelty Pokémon to me that are completely useless in battle. Really, they're only good for filling up the Pokédex, but nothing else. I'd remove them from the Pokédex so I'd never have a reason to catch 'em. Ever.

Pichu isn't a clone, its a prevolution. Huge difference there. And Pikachu can fly, if you have HG/SS and an event area for PokeWalker.

Anyway I would take out Vannilish, and all of its other forms. I can't stand that little ice cream cone thing. I think that its a new low in creativity. Also Landorus, since it looks weirder than Tornadus and Thunderous, and I already hate them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Pichu isn't a clone, its a prevolution. Huge difference there. And Pikachu can fly, if you have HG/SS and an event area for PokeWalker.

I know that, sorry, shoulda made that a bit clearer, haha. Regardless, I'm still not a fan of it. :<

And I just meant because Emolga's a dual Electric/Flying type.

Back