• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What shinies have you legitimately caught in G/S/C??

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I caught a shiny cubone, dont remember where but purple marowak is pretty sick :] and while grinding silver mt. I caught a shiny tangela!

Kombat

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • In My Gold I got a Shiny Rattata In like 5 mins of Playing. And then At Ice Path I Got A Shiny Swinub While Grinding

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • The only shiny I ever found in any game was a shiny Pidgey. I caught it, saved and later that day when I tried to start my game it said the save data was corrupt. :(

Years
  • besides Gyarados, I caught a Shiny Ledyba, and ran into another shiny ledyba even beforehand, but wasnt able to catch it. I have Cleffa and Igglybuff from the Day Care Egg.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    I caught a Shiny Geodude one time doing a monocolor-run, at this run I also saw a Shiny Growlithe(Used Roar) and a Shiny Phanphy whyich fled..

Years
  • What I can remember now would be an Onix and a Rattata. I don't have the files anymore, but I think I still have a video where I catch the Onix.
    I also saw a shiny Sandslash quite recently, but I killed it.

That Rattata was by the way the only non-ground type shiny that i ever found in a game I can think of now.

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • In Pokémon Cryatal, I've caught a shiny Wooper (pink), a shiny Geodude (pink)... I think that every single shiny pokémon that appears ahead of me is pink! o.O
    And, of couse, I've caught the Red Gyarados!

Michfan

Bodacious Intellectual
    Years
  • Besides Red Gary, I caught a shiny Raticate on Route 38 in Pokemon Silver. Since then, I have not seen a legit shiny. Feels bad, man.

Years
  • None... well, besides Gyarados, obviously.

Only shiny that I've ever caught in my lifetime was a shiny Rhyhorn... in Leaf Green. As far as GSC, though, no such luck. Of course, I've never really tried all that hard in looking for them, but if I did, I'd probably be rotting away somewhere right now. They are the kind of things that you just have to be lucky enough to run into, and so far, in the GSC generation, I have yet to encounter a shiny Pokemon.

I still love my shiny Rhyhorn in LG, though. You can't take that away from me. =P

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
  • Shiny Krabby , Shiny Krabby , Shiny Kingler (Evolved from another Krabby.) , Shiny Bellsprout ... Hmmm .... Seen a Shiny Machop and a Shiny Magnemite ... The first one I accidently got a shock and dropped my Gameboy (It turned itself off ;_;) And the other 1 decided to run away >.<.
    Luck huh :P?
    And ofc I borrowed the game to someone who decided it would be hilarious to restart the game AND save .... *Headbutts the wall*

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Golbat and Oddish

x3 Both in Gold. o.O

I don't remember any others...

Years
  • I caught the red Gyarados of course, I had to trade that over from another game though because i KO'ed the one of gold because I thought my blue one was better.

I found a shiny Raticate in Route 10, caught it, dropped my gameboy and the batteries fell out. If only I had saved..

I also found a shiny Geodude in the Rocket Warehouse in Mahogany Town. It self-destructed itself. :(

Then I finally caught a shiny Ursaring at Mount Silver, I saved my game and everything was fine. My cousin then took his gold version back and traded it to his Crystal where the internal battery died and I lost my Ursaring.

I found a shiny Girafarig as well and my PC box was full so I couldnt catch it.
    I also found a shiny Pidgey, which I KO'ed by accident :(

I also found a shiny Drowzee which I caught and I still have. So thats good :)

I found a few shinies from the ODD egg too, but i guess everyone kinda did.

Back