• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What shinies have you legitimately caught in G/S/C??

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    I have caught 2 shinies(other than Gyarados):
    Shiny Golbat in Ruby
    Shiny Golbat in Pearl
    kinda sucks...

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I only recall Golbat (evolved into Crobat), Pidgey (evolved into Pidgeot), Koffing (evolved into Weezing), and the default Red Gyarados. I reset my Silver Version about a year ago and I've yet to find a shiny this time around. I've been taking a break from it since I got HeartGold.

Years
  • I once caught a silver Golbat. I never knew about Shiny pokemon until much later when I looked it up online, but I was at Mt. Silver, and was attacked by a golbat that started to sparkle, I accidentally fainted it and turned off my game, thinking that I accidentllly stumbled upon a rare not-legendary pokemon*I was half right. :P* and intentionally looked for it for another thirty minutes. It was my baby and became an automatic addition to my team. :D

Years
  • I caught a Shiny Goldeen 2 days ago while doing my gym leader chalenge. I was lucky I saw it, I had the game running at about 2500% and never saw the sparkle, but I noticed it was a different color to the ones I was fighting earlier in the morning.

Last edited:

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I caught a shiny Koffing.
    And accidentally shut off the game before I could save. Oops. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Graydos, in Heart Gold - level 30
    Graydos in Gold - level 86

Crobat in Diamond level 100

I have found about 5 in hacks........(I am so lucky or unlucky because I can't keep them!)

There all the ones I have.....

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • OMFGWTFBBQ114!!!!!

I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST EVER SHINY IN A POKEMON GOLD ROM!!!

I am doing a challenge thing and while I was grinding not only did I see my first ever shiny, but I caught it! Oh it's so totally awesome! It's just a Bellsprout, but it's still my first shiny which makes me really happy!

Back