• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should be done about Just Pichu?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Okay... I'm not sure where to begin at the moment. And I have to make this quick, too. We've got company over, but I do feel the need to address a few things.

First up: You're completely missing our point. Just Pichu is a PICHU SHRINE. A fan site. It's not a department of a corporation, and it shouldn't be run that way. We tell you it should be run the way it was originally run - and you claim to agree with us. But how can you agree to do it when you don't even know? You just saw a website was for sale and bought it without any thought into the future about what it was for, etc. Since this website had and still has a lot of fans, you're stuck listening to us complain until you do something right. You don't need staff: you need one person. One person with the dedication and integrity to run the site properly. Coincidentally, this person has to be almost obsessive about Pichu, as this IS a Pichu shrine/fan site.

Yesterday, when I turned down the "General Manager" position over MSN, I was using my cell phone's web capabilities, so I couldn't explain my decision properly (too expensive and time consuming to type using the keypad). I was sort of surprised you were still offering it to me... since we had a long chat about JP earlier in the day. Remember? How I said your group of ontologists were more or less useless to a small site like JP because of its nature? Well, even though you kept saying "yes, I see" or whatever, you didn't hear a word I said, did you? I'm trying to help you, here. Can't you see that? JP isn't going to go anywhere the way you're "running" it now. If you would actually take my suggestions and comments to heart, you might be able to figure out what you're supposed to do with the site. But otherwise, it's a lost cause in your hands.

Now... a social contract!? What is this!? Why on earth are you spending your time writing things like these, when you could actually be acting upon your statements? We don't really care - all of those things were assumed already anyway. You cannot expect people to take you seriously when you do things like this for a site like JP. Quite honestly, I think people are either laughing or just going, "what...?" because of all this. You're trying to turn a wonderful, interactive site like JP into a cold and detached website. You can't come up with anything to counter this, because your formal and indifferent way of maintaining this site tells us otherwise.

Responding in accordance to the order of this thread... buying PC? You expect us to trust and believe you can take good care of Just Pichu when you outright lie to us? You say you're going to buy the PokeCommunity and you stand by that for several posts. Now you do a 360 and say you were just tricking us to see what we think of your company? Well, I think even worse of your company than I did before. May I just politely remind you that you are the President/CEO? YOU represent your company and all it stands for. Right now, I see it as an insincere and deceitful company because of what you just did. "Look before you leap" - ever hear of that? You can apply it to real-life situations like this. Think before you say something, because it's your reputation along with your company's that just took a plunge.

TeamRocket said:
    Just Pichu is a test of our ontology software.
    And this is the last straw. JP is just a test rat for this ontology project of yours? Couldn't you find a site that actually NEEDS to use it instead of picking up something with a fan base? Like I said, try acquiring a large Pokemon website. That way, this group could actually go to a good cause. There are plenty of things to review and look over on a site like PPN (which I'm not saying you should buy, but look for something of the same genre). Walkthroughs, FAQs, TCG guides, anime episode summaries, and the list just goes on and on. You just can't do that with JP, and I can't figure out for the life of me why you can't comprehend that. (Although I'm sure it must have something to do with the fact that you don't even know what should be on JP.)

If I offered money for JP, would you sell it to me? It would make a lot of people ? including me - happy, and you could put your time and effort into something that could really use your company's resources and plans.

Skins FB Rob

Kilo Networks
    Years
    Dude, this is ridiculous. This KyleTech crap, it's lame. "Buying other websites" is heading the community in the WRONG direction, considering we're finally going back up in the right direction. "Social meetings every week", what kind of BS is that? You're lame, you're stupid, get out of the Pok?mon community, you're ruining it.

Cherrim

Years
    Rob, please don't resort to name-calling or insulting like that. You have some good points, but coupling that up with insults won't get you anywhere and will most likely cause the recipient to disregard everything you say. =\

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I'm just wondering, Kyle, did you ever visit Just Pichu when it was how it used to be? Did you really get the feeling of the site? Or did you just buy it because you knew it had hits and a fanbase? You really do need to think about things before you buy them - not just websites, but everything. And I'm sorry, but I don't feel that you ever had the.... personality, I guess, to run this kind of website. You're too business-minded; a website like this, a cult website, needs an obsessive personality, someone who does something because they love it.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    TeamRocket said:
    Just Pichu is a test of our ontology software.
    This is nuts. How could a Pokemon website be an experiment?
    Anyone who runs a fan website should know that money or experimenting isn't the cause for running it; it is the passion why Pokemon Fans choose to update them and be willing to waste precious time on them. Time is money, if you don't have a passion to run Just Pichu, I advise you not to waste your time.

(Good grief...after multiple times of everyone asking whether TeamRocket is a Pichu fanatic, he deliberately chooses to ignore the question.)

Leo

www.unowncave.tk
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    teamrocket i am willing to take over just pichu
    PM me is u want
    btw i can pay for the domain

Note To All : Pls do not make any remark on this action as i am not willing to see this site die in "bad" hands.

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
    Leo, i think Lightning is the one that is buying it (i'm not 100% sure), but i think the best bet is for her to buy it, because, i think she would do a Wonderful job :)

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
    I agree I think Lightning is the best person to buy it, heck if I didn't have a site of my own that takes a lot of time I would of bought it but I couldn't possibly run two huge sites with fanbases I've tried it before and didn't work out ^^;

But if Lightning does get to buy it I'm sure we will all be able to help out in restoring it by doing stuff like fanart and submitting information to get the site back to it's once wonderful self. I have the Hoso Specials so I could get some decent Pichu screenshots.

Please TeamRocket, consider Lightning's offer it would be better for us all, you'll be able to sell a site you don't really need or have an intrest in and we'll get Just Pichu back.

TeamRocket

Okay! Okay! This is getting to be too much trouble than it's worth! I am now reselling JP for $550 - $450 if you can take it off of my hands in one month from now.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    TeamRocket said:
    Okay! Okay! This is getting to be too much trouble than it's worth! I am now reselling JP for $550 - $450 if you can take it off of my hands in one month from now.

$450...you gotta be kidding man, no offence. Mabey $5.50, but I don't know many websites that are worth $450.

TeamRocket

Hey - that I paid $500 even for JP. $450 is a better price.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Honestly, No offence at all, but you have to be retarded to buy a pokemon site for $500.

Why not make your own for much cheaper, Im sure the guy you bought it from got a good laugh at you when he sold it.

Also, get rid of that blue bar on the left of the middle table. Beg for money in a whole different part, it just makes the news longer than it should be

Last edited:

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    Listen, I know you have been trying but frankily your are being a total nut case... you change your stories a gazillion times....

- I dont know what to do with it help me help me

- Its an important part of my network

- Ill change it back

- Its an ontology

- Ill change it back

- Ill sell if for a gazzilion times what it is worth.

Yes JP Is worth about $50, and frankily you have had so much trouble with it you might was well just give it a way.....

Cherrim

Years
    Jeez... you bought it for $500? I thought Steph said the leading bid was $80 US... and I thought that was high. 9_9

I highly doubt you're going to get any buyers with a price like that. Just because you paid an obscene amount doesn't mean someone else will. No one's going to buy it for over $100... and PSB is more or less right about its worth. In its current condition, it's probably only worth $50 - and a great deal of that is the layout. There's no substance to it, so the layout and the title of the website is really all one is buying. (And what's left of its reputation...)

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    YAY! Now hopefully something good could come from the site, because TeamRocket is just..... ridiculous about this.

Looking forward to see what you can do Lightning. :)

Back