• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What should i do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
Years
  • i plan on getting me a DS and Platinum.

However i wonder if i should wait for Soulsilver/HG or not..

since i like kanto/johto WAY more then the new ones i don't know what to do =/

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • Because the games are entirely different, I don't see the harm in purchasing Platinum. Plus, unless you intend to buy the Japanese versions, HG/SS are a good bit of time away.

pallet town

From the town of Pallet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I agree with Leyt, and since you haven't played a Generation IV game yet, Platinum will serve as a good introduction until HG and SS come out. Plus you can then trade your favorite pokemon to the new game.

MiloMaster

MILOTIC ROCKS!!!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    i plan on getting me a DS and Platinum.

However i wonder if i should wait for Soulsilver/HG or not..

since i like kanto/johto WAY more then the new ones i don't know what to do =/

Well since you like Johto a lot, I suggest that you get HG/SS (with a DS too if you like). ;)

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
  • why not buy all of them =) then you will at least get the one you are looking for, i would suggest platinum though

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • You should get Platinum. They put tons of legendaries in here already (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Cresselia, Darkrai w/ event, Manaphy w/ event, shaymin w/ event, regirock w/ event, regicew/ event, registeelw/ event, regigigas w/ event, Arceus w/event) and in HG/SS there will be Celebi w/ event (probably), Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, possibly Latias/Latios.)

That's a lot of legends. I'm probably missing some, too. But if you get both HG or SS with Platinum, you could get TONS of legendaries if you're a collecter.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Buy platinum because HG/SS isnt going to come out for a while. So you can just play platinum while waiting for them to finally hit the stores.

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • for crying out loud....GET A DSI!!! ITS LIKE A MINI LAPTOP!!!!!! and platinum is cool....but i would/could/should wait for SS/HG. i got stuck in platinum....(idea) HEY!!! how do i get past the battle frontier?

price dif. 4 ds vs dsi:

ds: $ 135.

dsi: $ 160.

(i bought the dsi myself with my allowance. :p)

Years
  • Get a DSi, Platinum, and just save up for either HG/SS. We won't be getting it until Spring of 2010, so you should be able to save up by then. ):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back