• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_Tray

Basic Trainer
    Years
    I'm playing emerald version and I'm stuck at the third gym leader. The only Pokemon that has any effect against his electric types is ironically my Mudkip. My team consists of Mudkip level 24, Mightyena level 24, Swellow level 24, Sabileye level 24, and Eletrike also level 24. (My spelling is most likely inaccurate I know.) I've beaten every trainer I've come across and trying to train with wild Pokemon is quite exhausting. I would enjoy any opinions or advice. Thank you.

Poke_Tray

Basic Trainer
    Years
    I've used sand attack and mud slap to decrease his accuracy but he beats me with shock wave he never misses and I'm forced into defensive strategy

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Try to paralyze his pokemon, if possible (with Electrike's thunder wave?). If not, try to catch a Gulpin and train it to a reasonable level. With YAWN, you can put any of his pokemon to sleep on the 2nd turn.

East of you, there's Verdanturf town. Nearby, there's a cave. I think there are Geodude in there. At least rock types are immune to shockwave.

Also, remember that YAWN won't work when an enemy already is under a status effect (so against a Paralyzed enemy, it would be useless). But while he's asleep, you can probably use attacks like LEER and SCREECH to lower his pokemon's defenses. This allows your physical attacks to deal significant damage regardless of pokemon. Pack super potions, if needed.

Geodude's a good go-to whenever a pokemon's in low health, too. Switch to geodude when any of your stronger pokemon are in the red zone. If the opponent uses SHOCKWAVE, it will have no effect on him. If the enemy uses stuff like quick attack, it will not be very effective - making geodude some kind of tank. Use that chance to heal your other pokemon.

Last edited:

Poke_Tray

Basic Trainer
    Years
    That's kinda what I was thinking. I was just trying to avoid catching and raising another Pokemon. Buuuut looks like I don't have a lot of choices. Thank you for the input by the way it has been helpful.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Try to paralyze his pokemon, if possible (with Electrike's thunder wave?). If not, try to catch a Gulpin and train it to a reasonable level. With YAWN, you can put any of his pokemon to sleep on the 2nd turn.

East of you, there's Verdanturf town. Nearby, there's a cave. I think there are Geodude in there. At least rock types are immune to shockwave.

Also, remember that YAWN won't work when an enemy already is under a status effect (so against a Paralyzed enemy, it would be useless). But while he's asleep, you can probably use attacks like LEER and SCREECH to lower his pokemon's defenses. This allows your physical attacks to deal significant damage regardless of pokemon. Pack super potions, if needed.

Geodude's a good go-to whenever a pokemon's in low health, too. Switch to geodude when any of your stronger pokemon are in the red zone. If the opponent uses SHOCKWAVE, it will have no effect on him. If the enemy uses stuff like quick attack, it will not be very effective - making geodude some kind of tank. Use that chance to heal your other pokemon.

Ground is immune to Electric attacks, not Rock.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I was just trying to avoid catching and raising another Pokemon. Buuuut looks like I don't have a lot of choices. Thank you for the input by the way it has been helpful.

You can always Evolve Mudkip. Marshtomp is part Ground and this way you don't have to catch and raise another Pokemon. You'll miss Marshtomps signature Mud Shot though since you didn't Evolve Mudkip when you were supposed to.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think you've gotten enough advice to help your situation. In the future, please ask questions pertaining to Emerald in the Advance Generation Q&A thread! :) If you feel that you still need more help on this particular part, feel free to ask again in there.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back